Thread: [REQ] a way to change horse formations

Icon7 [REQ] a way to change horse formations

I always found that the way all the cavalry units rode together so neatly in tight formations, looked very robotic and fake.

Just wish there was an easy way to skew their formations so that they looked a little more natural.

Kind of like the Skirmisher's formation... Or the indians from empire total war (after they fixed them to look more chaotic and out of "line" formation)

-

anyway...

just a thought!

Default Re: [REQ] a way to change horse formations

Hi mate! Use the "mob" formation you will be surprised, i´ve done my share of testing with this thing so believe me i know what i am talking about this time. Keep in mind you have to keep the default spacing of the cavalry (2/4,5) or make it bigger, otherwise the horses will get one on top of eachother.

Thanks CA for warpath and fixing the mob formation for cavalry, because before we had to add spacing to make the horses stop overlapping.

Now on the technical part, to add the mob formation, open the db, the unit_stats_land tables, and choose the unit you want to edit, go to the left until you find the colum called "training", i will be filled with "well_trained" change that so it says "mob", without the "" of course. Hope it was of some help.

Default Re: [REQ] a way to change horse formations

hey thanks... worked like a charm! made a mod pack out of it.