Page 8 of 60 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617183358 ... LastLast

Thread: BETA V: NAPOLEON: TOTAL COMBAT v4.0 (with 20, 30 & 40 stack army support!) MASSIVE 250+ Units Update!

Default Re: Napoleon: Total Combat, Thorized (Important UPDATE also, A Vanilla Fire Version now available)

Very very nice! Love it, and the way you handled militia is fantastic. The whole 'machine gun' thing is less apparent and the game feels much more realistic than before.

However, did you get rid of the whole ship building thing?

Looking forward to next release and you're reply

Thoragoros's Avatar Citizen

Default Re: Napoleon: Total Combat, Thorized (Important UPDATE also, A Vanilla Fire Version now available)

Quote Originally Posted by hozemaat View Post
    Thanks for responding, I have another question for you!

What is the difference between the Patched version and the Vanilla version of your mod?
    Sorry if I sound like a idiot, i'm just trying to get the most out of this great mod!
    You mean between the Two Rank Fire and the Vanilla Fire? One features the two rank fire change, in which two ranks of infantry fire rather than one. However, this can cause animation glitches for some people, and so I have included a version that features all of the changes listed except for the two rank fire feature.

Quote Originally Posted by zorphon View Post
    Very very nice! Love it, and the way you handled militia is fantastic. The whole 'machine gun' thing is less apparent and the game feels much more realistic than before.

However, did you get rid of the whole ship building thing?

Looking forward to next release and you're reply
    I was going to, but it was as I feared. The AI tends to build 'swarms' of lighter ships if the build times are lessened.

HOWEVER, I believe I can find a way to 'tweak' the AI's build priorities and so once I can make these AI changes properly, I will lessen the ship building times.
    Last edited by Thoragoros; March 08, 2010 at 08:33 PM.
    Founder of The Great War - A WWI Mod, Creator of Thorized - Napoleon: Total Combat

Where Gods Walk Among Men
    The Line of Thor
    Patron of: Bethencourt, Hip63, m_1512

Under the Patronage of Captain Blackadder, Member of the Legion of Rahl.

Thanks for clearing that up, wil report back once i've played it for awhile!

Quote Originally Posted by hozemaat View Post
    Thanks for clearing that up, wil report back once i've played it for awhile!
    If you are getting the choppy animations, I suggest trying the Vanilla Fire version of the mod.
    Founder of The Great War - A WWI Mod, Creator of Thorized - Napoleon: Total Combat

The Line of Thor

Quote Originally Posted by Thoragoros View Post
    You mean between the Two Rank Fire and the Vanilla Fire? One features the two rank fire change, in which two ranks of infantry fire rather than one. However, this can cause animation glitches for some people, and so I have included a version that features all of the changes listed except for the two rank fire feature.

I was going to, but it was as I feared. The AI tends to build 'swarms' of lighter ships if the build times are lessened.

HOWEVER, I believe I can find a way to 'tweak' the AI's build priorities and so once I can make these AI changes properly, I will lessen the ship building times.
    Oh okay.

Also, after the hassle of morale and the AI is out of the way, it might not be a bad idea to focus on the non-combat aspects that you can improve, like I said before things like money and prices, as well as taxes and diplomacy and the whole works.

Let me know.

Oh okay.

Also, after the hassle of morale and the AI is out of the way, it might not be a bad idea to focus on the non-combat aspects that you can improve, like I said before things like money and prices, as well as taxes and diplomacy and the whole works.

Let me know.
    Yes, I agree. But since people were experiencing difficulty with the battle changes I had made, I really needed to get those thinks ironed out first.

Campaign changes, such as the taxes, etc. are definitely next on the list.

The Line of Thor

Yes, I agree. But since people were experiencing difficulty with the battle changes I had made, I really needed to get those thinks ironed out first.

Campaign changes, such as the taxes, etc. are definitely next on the list.
    Good to know!

Yeah! No more stuttering! NOW we're talking!...with guns of course.

Hey I just thought I'd let you know. I would change the installation instructions because with the latest 2 rank fire version if you put the line you have in the installation and readme
    (mod "Mod_TotalCombat.pack"; there is no sound. If you change it to the exact name of the .pack you are using (in this case TotalCombatTwoRanksFire.pack) the sound works.

Hope this helps anyone that is having this issue.

gord96's Avatar Domesticus

good job Thoragoros! Stuttering seems to be fixed with the vanilla firing! My Austrian campaign is back up and running.

One problem is Austria can't recruit rockets in the vanilla version.

Thanks again.

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

If we play not in ultra but in normal unit size, will the game run more smoothly? Does this mod works with Fire-by-rank from Radius?
    Last edited by alhoon; March 08, 2010 at 11:27 PM.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Hey I just thought I'd let you know. I would change the installation instructions because with the latest 2 rank fire version if you put the line you have in the installation and readme
    (mod "Mod_TotalCombat.pack"; there is no sound. If you change it to the exact name of the .pack you are using (in this case TotalCombatTwoRanksFire.pack) the sound works.

Hope this helps anyone that is having this issue.

I forgot to update the readme! I guess this is what feedback is for, keep it coming guys.

I will quickly upload new files with the proper readmes!!

The Line of Thor

UPDATE!!

I have updated both files.

Changes -

- Complete and recent installation instructions in the readmes

- Files types changed from .patch packs to .movie packs, yes, it is weird sounding, but some of the changes were not taking effect as patch files.

The Line of Thor

Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    If we play not in ultra but in normal unit size, will the game run more smoothly? Does this mod works with Fire-by-rank from Radius?
    Yes, of course. Less units, more performance.

The Line of Thor

gord96's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: Napoleon: Total Combat, Thorized Version 2.0a

just a quick question. with the vanilla version the .pack file is named without the underscores ( _ ) between the words, but the script does have the underscores. does this matter?

thanks!

- Files types changed from .patch packs to .movie packs, yes, it is weird sounding, but some of the changes were not taking effect as patch files.
    So, the installation is the same? What didn't take effect? In a custom battle, it was as you told (except that it works with FBR mod)

EDIT: After I used the latest file, the Radius FBR mod stopped working.

Can we have one with FBR?
    Last edited by alhoon; March 09, 2010 at 12:43 AM.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.

Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    So, the installation is the same? What didn't take effect? In a custom battle, it was as you told (except that it works with FBR mod)

EDIT: After I used the latest file, the Radius FBR mod stopped working.

Can we have one with FBR?
    The reason that FBR was working with the patch files was because I edit the units abilities file to get rid of Fire and Advance. With the patch file the changes in my units abilities file don't take effect, and therefore the FBR mod takes its place.

FBR does not allow units to fire before being fully formed up, nor does it allow for the more historical two rank fire that I implement. So I am sorry to say that I will not be adding FBR.

The Line of Thor

Quote Originally Posted by gord96 View Post
    just a quick question. with the vanilla version the .pack file is named without the underscores ( _ ) between the words, but the script does have the underscores. does this matter?

thanks!
    I have uploaded a new Vanilla fire version with the correct script.

Conversion error. Sorry about that.

The Line of Thor

The reason that FBR was working with the patch files was because I edit the units abilities file to get rid of Fire and Advance. With the patch file the changes in my units abilities file don't take effect, and therefore the FBR mod takes its place.

FBR does not allow units to fire before being fully formed up, nor does it allow for the more historical two rank fire that I implement. So I am sorry to say that I will not be adding FBR.
    Your mod, your rules.

Another suggestion:
    Light infantry had 25% more range than line infantry and rifles had 50+% more range. Could you increase a bit more the range of the light infantry and the rifles? Just +10 and +20 isn't enough IMO. I would suggest since Line infantry has 110, to increase the line infantry range to 130 and the rifles to 150.

Strategy & gameplay question:

So, since the 3rd rank rarely fires, should we use thiner, 2 1/2 lines instead of 3 for more firepower? In vanila, I was using 1 1/2 lines.

Does the mod work with the mod cntw_Battle_AI_v1b.pack ?
    Last edited by alhoon; March 09, 2010 at 01:56 AM.

Quick question. When you say tier one foundry for howitzers and rockets do you mean the very first level 1 factory for artillery? I'm just wondering because I've upgraded the artillery building to level 3 and I still don't see any howitzers or rockets yet. I'm playing GB by the way.