Page 43 of 60 FirstFirst ... 18333435363738394041424344454647484950515253 ... LastLast

Thread: BETA V: NAPOLEON: TOTAL COMBAT v4.0 (with 20, 30 & 40 stack army support!) MASSIVE 250+ Units Update!

Radiso-FIN's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: BETA IV: NAPOLEON: TOTAL COMBAT v4.0 (with 20, 30 & 40 stack army support!) MAJOR UPDATE!

Well this mod looks interesting. I haven't played NTW for a long while and relatively small scale of the battles always annoyed me, considering that Napoleonic wars were the first wars to have armies including hundreds of thousands of men so this mod seems to be what I have been looking for.

Chevalier IX's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: BETA IV: NAPOLEON: TOTAL COMBAT v4.0 (with 20, 30 & 40 stack army support!) MAJOR UPDATE!

Excellent release as always.Oddly enough though I am having an issue where the textures are appearing oddly.In some instances there are missing pieces or translucent parts to the models,in others,such as the french,the soldier himself is invisible except for his gear.... is anyone else experiencing this???

Chevalier, I had a similar problem with NTW3, I think I was just pushing my graphics card too hard, have you go the battles on huge?

Hip, yet another fantastic piece of work! The large battles are magnificent!
    If you rep me, leave your name. I'll look more kindly on your future transgressions.

hip63's Avatar Give me some BASS!
    Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Chevalier IX View Post
    Excellent release as always.Oddly enough though I am having an issue where the textures are appearing oddly.In some instances there are missing pieces or translucent parts to the models,in others,such as the french,the soldier himself is invisible except for his gear.... is anyone else experiencing this???
    I made DoG and units sizes scalable because it may be too much for some systems to run gaint armies and giant unit sizes. You may want try with 30 stacks and use the reduced units sizes but don't worry, the battles will still feel (and still are) really big.

Also you could try lowering your display setting just slight amount or you could go into the control panel of your video card as see if there is any optimising you can do there.

However if you can tell me what units exactly you are seeing it on, I'll double check them.

hip63

does this mod offer any AI changes in battle or campaign? Also any realism changes? thanks

Patrician Artifex

you can read the download able user manual for more details but basically yes

hip63

airborne guy's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Chevalier IX View Post
    Turn you graphics down and see if that fixes it

Chevalier IX's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by airborne guy View Post
    Turn you graphics down and see if that fixes it
    It is certainly something that changed with this version here...as I was blazing through past editions of the mod with flawless battles of 18,000 men...it seems it only affects the french units the most(all of them) was there a new skinning or something that perhaps did not download correctly for me??perhaps a texture update??as I see the Russians are rendered just fine except for the beards on one or two cossacks in the unit...it is really odd....my GPU is a radeon 6970 2 gig that rips apart the specs for just about everything out there so I have ruled that out...I will try redownloading or something and see what occurs

After I saw the images for this mod I heard my computer cry.

I would like to know what kind of rig it takes to run this mod. My graphics card is a 260 GTX with 4gb ram and a AMD II Phenom 3.4 GHz. I'm upgrading the card this week, would a GTX 570 run that many units with high texture?

Biarchus

Hip, do we have to uninstall the NTC Music pac also along with the beta I or II before installing beta 4?

The Russian troops have missing faces and funny textures.... Any fix to this??

Patrician Artifex

I have a GTX 275 with an i7 processor and 6 gig memory (my machine is going on 3 years old)

@ztrain, no but when you unistall NTC, the music pack will automatically get uninstalled so you'll need to reinstall the music pack anyway.

I'll look into the graphic issues reported.

hip63
    Last edited by hip63; October 19, 2011 at 06:52 AM.

Patrician Artifex

I'm pleased to announce that The Impérial Eagle Mod will be coming to a future edition of NTC, eventually

hip63

Quote Originally Posted by hip63 View Post
    I'm pleased to announce that The Impérial Eagle Mod will be coming to a future edition of NTC, eventually

hip63
    so you 've choosen those units

Andre J. Jassoch's Avatar Decanus

Well these are very good news!Thank you hip63 and thanks Laigle too.I will wait till its done.I have played your mod it´s absolute perfect but with the imperial eagle it will be DIVINE!Thank you sir,very much.

gord96's Avatar Domesticus

impressive looking. i used to love this mod when it first came out way back in the day. may have to give it a try!

any tips on a good starting difficulty for my first campaign? M/M? M/H? H/H? I am a mediocre general at best

Aragorn1963's Avatar Biarchus

Hip, you are the BEST.

gord96's Avatar Domesticus

great mod! only problem seems to be I have the chocolate soldiers when playing as France! hehe. any ideas how to remedy this?! thanks

Patrician Artifex

I'm looking into the graphics issue, just will take some time

at work right now

hip63

Hey there Hip, fantastic mod you got here, I love the launcher! Just one question, how is the situation with rank firing right now? I see there's an option in the launcher to turn Fire by rank on, but what's the difference between FBR on and off (and also is it applied on all units or only specific ones?)? Will I be able to test the firing behavior in Custom Battles?