Page 41 of 60 FirstFirst ... 16313233343536373839404142434445464748495051 ... LastLast

Thread: BETA V: NAPOLEON: TOTAL COMBAT v4.0 (with 20, 30 & 40 stack army support!) MASSIVE 250+ Units Update!

Default Re: BETA II: NAPOLEON: TOTAL COMBAT v4.0 READY! (with 20, 30 & 40 stack army support!)

I just downloaded this. Damn, it looks good!

Default Re: BETA II: NAPOLEON: TOTAL COMBAT v4.0 READY! (with 20, 30 & 40 stack army support!)

But I have one question. My army won't let me go above 20 units. How do i get it bigger?

thank you.

Aragorn1963's Avatar Biarchus

This mod is great. Last night I've fought the Napoleonic battle of my life. My Prussians with 40 units against Napoleons army. What a battle. At first it seemed to turn in my favor, but I did attack too soon. Napoleon rallyed his units and launched a fierce counterattack against my now chaotic centre. The woods there didn't help to keep an overview of the fighting. Losses on both sides were dramatic. Deep in the night I stumbled to bed, exhausted but very happy.

Hip, can't you implement the 40 units stack in your Empires of Destiny mod too? Please.
    Last edited by Aragorn1963; October 09, 2011 at 12:29 AM.

hip63's Avatar Give me some BASS!
    Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by william1993 View Post
    But I have one question. My army won't let me go above 20 units. How do i get it bigger?
    Larger stack sizes are only available in the Death or Glory Campaigns.

Please read the NTC User Manual for more details.

Quote Originally Posted by Aragorn1963 View Post
    This mod is great. Last night I've fought the Napoleonic battle of my life. My Prussians with 40 units against Napoleons army. What a battle. At first it seemed to turn in my favor, but I did attack too soon. Napoleon rallyed his units and launched a fierce counterattack against my now chaotic centre. The woods there didn't help to keep an overview of the fighting. Losses on both sides were dramatic. Deep in the night I stumbled to bed, exhausted but very happy.

Hip, can't you implement the 40 units stack in your Empires of Destiny mod too? Please.
    Glad to hear! And on EOD, well as soon as Albtraum23 can figure out haw to make ETW unit cards smaller, I will!

hip63

Default Napoleon: Total Combat

I installed this yesterday. I have a problem, though. When I try to configure a death and glory campaign with 40 unit armies, it always goes through the campaign setup screen and says You have now configured your campaign, Game will now start, and it never does. I have to go start death and glory manually and then I do not see the configured save game anywhere. What do I do?

Aragorn1963's Avatar Biarchus

That would be great. It makes the game so much more fun. A whole landscape covered with units is my idea of heaven. Well, in a game then.

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by william1993 View Post
    I installed this yesterday. I have a problem, though. When I try to configure a death and glory campaign with 40 unit armies, it always goes through the campaign setup screen and says You have now configured your campaign, Game will now start, and it never does. I have to go start death and glory manually and then I do not see the configured save game anywhere. What do I do?
    I'm out of town of a business trip so I can't do a lot right now but it sounds like maybe the mod wasn't installed properly. Also make sure you have full permission to the NTW folder (see the tutorial on this in the first post). Basically to me, either something is not installed right or there is permission issue somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Aragorn1963 View Post
    That would be great. It makes the game so much more fun. A whole landscape covered with units is my idea of heaven. Well, in a game then.
    Glad you're enjoying the mod

hip63

hi!

I cant seem to get the larger unit sizes to work. its still 160 in line when using NTF with your mod. can you please shed some light on this issue?. i have it set to standard in the launcher so it should be above 300 in line inf then right?

airborne guy's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by sulan666 View Post
    hi!

I cant seem to get the larger unit sizes to work. its still 160 in line when using NTF with your mod. can you please shed some light on this issue?. i have it set to standard in the launcher so it should be above 300 in line inf then right?
    read the manual and it will say it only works for death or glory campaigns... not for NTF

Patrician Artifex

something is not installed right, larger armies are in all NTC campaigns (including NTF ones)

hip63

Quote Originally Posted by hip63 View Post
    something is not installed right, larger armies are in all NTC campaigns (including NTF ones)

hip63
    I dont think so hip. Its just the standard ones in NTF, bro

Patrician Artifex

Icon3 Re: BETA II: NAPOLEON: TOTAL COMBAT v4.0 READY! (with 20, 30 & 40 stack army support!)

well then you are doing it wrong

I just test it an is working for me

from the user manual:

REMEMBER: To start a NTC + NTF campaign, always start Napoleon:
    Total Combat FIRST and THEN Napoleon: Total Factions from the NTC
    Launcher!

This insures that all the compatibility files are loaded properly.

The NTC Launcher will automatically minimize when then NTF is started from the NTC
    Launcher and it will automatically restore itself when NTF is closed. Both NTC and NTF
    should remain running while getting a new NTC + NTF campaign started.

When you are finished, exit the NTF Launcher first, before returning to the NTC Launcher.

To continue a NTC + NTF Campaign later:
    Use the "Continue NTF Campaign" button to start without having to use the NTF Launcher. You
    only have to use the NTF Launcher to START a new NTF campaign but you only need the NTC
    Launcher running to continue the campaign later. This button will be active after you have started
    your first NTF campaign.

This is also to insure that all the compatibility files are loaded properly.

I tested this only like a 100 times before release

It does work IF you follow the proper procedure

If you are not following the proper procedure and start NTF first (or only NTF) then yeah, you're gonna have problems.

hip63

sorry but thats exactly what i´m doing. when i go in graphics options its reduced to small unit size. i´ve tried it without altering from small to ultra. then it says 0 units in costom battle and campaign.and i know i´m starting in the right order.

seems its the same when starting a regular NTC campaign too..i´ll test reinstall and see if it helps.

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by sulan666 View Post
    sorry but thats exactly what i´m doing. when i go in graphics options its reduced to small unit size. i´ve tried it without altering from small to ultra. then it says 0 units in costom battle and campaign.and i know i´m starting in the right order.
    If you change it in game it will overwrite the the changes by the launcher.

When launcher starts NTW, the NTC script file is called and it forces the settings in it to preferences.empire_script file to that point.

If you make any adjustments to the unit size in game after that point, then yes, it will break the settings applied by the launcher because the game engine will overwrite the changes in preferences.empire_script file.

The in game menu shows that small number because it trying to read the current value preferences.empire_script file but it only goes to a maximum value of "1" (which is the max setting in game).
    the launcher uses higher values (1.5 and 2.5), then you will see that happen because the game's option menu can't display those values properly. If you touch it, then yep, it ain't gonna work

In fact make all your in game changes (video, sound, game preference, whatever) before trying to playing the mods

Tha means start the vanilla game, make your setting changes, exit the game then start the mod, and proceed from there.

I'm about to leave on a 8 hour drive so good luck.

hip63
    Last edited by hip63; October 13, 2011 at 07:01 AM.

well even if i dont change anything i recruit line infantry of 0 men.....and in custom battle every unit has 0 men in them. allready reinstalled everything twice.

Patrician Artifex

Seriously I have to go but, in the NTC launcher, go to diags

click Reset Prefences, then click Reset User Script

Exit the NTC launcher, start NTW without NTC or NTF running. Go set all your in game prefrences to you liking

exit the game

start NTC, then start NTF from the NTC launcher, start the game from NTF, see what you've got then.

I won't be available for next 8 hours or so due to travel, so again good luck...

hip63

Huberto's Avatar Praepositus

1. OK Hip your post below fixed my graphics issue, but now I'm having a problem where I can't combine stacks to create armies of more than 20 -- instead I'm getting the NTW unit exchange UI when I try. And yes I am playing DOG with 40 unit armies and have the 40 unit UI.

3. OK I think I figured out my problem. If you've started a campaign previously, i.e. you have to delete it in order to start another one. I used the "single player" button to start my second campaign instead of the "continue campaign button." I believe that is why I couldn't have stacks greater than 20 units although everything else seemed OK.

4. Update: goodness, I've had some fantastic battles here. Also loving how I get the blockaded out of me playing as France.
    Last edited by Huberto; October 15, 2011 at 07:26 PM. Reason: update

How is it, I am being a good boy playing as Prussia. I go to war with everyon my allies say to. First Austria declares war then Russia. So its france, russia, austria against me. Really need to work on the allies sticking together and this would be an outstanding mod