Page 34 of 60 FirstFirst ... 924252627282930313233343536373839404142434459 ... LastLast

Thread: BETA V: NAPOLEON: TOTAL COMBAT v4.0 (with 20, 30 & 40 stack army support!) MASSIVE 250+ Units Update!

Default Re: Napoleon: Total Combat, Thorized Version 3.3 (Major Update 3B in the works. Better AI, New Units, and Major Rebalancing) PATCH NEWS - TEMPORARY FIX

for me you mod causes ctd since the last dlc.

Default Re: Napoleon: Total Combat, Thorized Version 3.3 (Major Update 3B in the works. Better AI, New Units, and Major Rebalancing) PATCH NEWS - TEMPORARY FIX

just curious if any1 has seen a post for the changes made in patch 3 projectile tables?

sorta helps the updating for all.

anyway good luck on the mod an updating Thoragoros, seems were all neighbors now heheeach dlc

changing the startpos can be a pain for some im sure.

i try a battle whit this (whitout the user user.script bacause the sound, i dont kown why) 5900 vs 5700, starts good but in the melee the game slows down a lot, the animations there are like square to square was wierd, i think its too much for my GT 240

Thoragoros's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Dogmeat View Post
    just curious if any1 has seen a post for the changes made in patch 3 projectile tables?

sorta helps the updating for all.

anyway good luck on the mod an updating Thoragoros, seems were all neighbors now heheeach dlc

changing the startpos can be a pain for some im sure.
    Yes, I'm currently working on bringing both Total Combat and The Great War up to terms with the latest dlc/patch thing from CA.

Considering that CA 'patched' quite a few of the major files for both mods, it is going to take a bit of 'doing' to get it done right.

Quote Originally Posted by panzerschreck View Post
    for me you mod causes ctd since the last dlc.
    The directions are at the top of the OP.

Please remove the patch2.pack AND the patch3.pack from the data folder. This is not perfect, I know, but until I get the update it is the only way to run the mod.
    Last edited by Thoragoros; May 06, 2010 at 09:51 AM.
    Founder of The Great War - A WWI Mod, Creator of Thorized - Napoleon: Total Combat

Where Gods Walk Among Men
    The Line of Thor
    Patron of: Bethencourt, Hip63, m_1512

Under the Patronage of Captain Blackadder, Member of the Legion of Rahl.

thnx for the reply thoragoros, patches sure are the headache maker for modders.

Projectiles only change i can see is for round shot arty effective range too low.

Units, land units, building units allowed and unit to unit abillities seem the same but have only the new dlc units stuck on the end.

Good luck on the integration,

it would be necessary that in the campagn, the determination of the generals of this period (in particular French, German and Austrian) to want to take again a conquered territory. At the French border, it was a true war of position, to have a hill or a small village. Sometimes a village took one day was took again the following day by the enemy.
    No respite for player when it is a strategic position
    Last edited by Louis XV; May 06, 2010 at 11:40 AM.
    " Le sang de nos ennemis est toujours le sang des hommes. La vraie gloire, c'est de l'épargner " - (Louis XV king of France 1710-1774 )

Quote Originally Posted by Louis XV View Post
    it would be necessary that in the campagn, the determination of the generals of this period (in particular French, German and Austrian) to want to take again a conquered territory. At the French border, it was a true war of position, to have a hill or a small village. Sometimes a village took one day was took again the following day by the enemy.
    No respite for player when it is a strategic position
    The CAI's values on recapturing territory has been increased dramatically from what it was, but then again I still cannot directly edit the AI, I can only try and 'weight' one side of the equation.

As for hills, etc.., the only 'position' the CAI values recapturing is the capitol of the province, so while I would like to place emphasis on villages or types of terrain, it simply isn't possible.
    Founder of The Great War - A WWI Mod, Creator of Thorized - Napoleon: Total Combat

The Line of Thor

oooh sorry i want to post in Great War topic !! ^^
    I have write at bad the place
    Last edited by Louis XV; May 06, 2010 at 11:44 AM.
    " Le sang de nos ennemis est toujours le sang des hommes. La vraie gloire, c'est de l'épargner " - (Louis XV king of France 1710-1774 )

First of all I would just like to say great mod as l just love the epic feel with the huge armies ect. I was wondering if you could help me as I am trying to run this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=348900 but for some reason it seem to be conflicting with yours, as I was reading the posts and someone is having the same problem as I. Could you take a look to see what my be the problem ??

Quote Originally Posted by Rogu3granny View Post
    First of all I would just like to say great mod as l just love the epic feel with the huge armies ect. I was wondering if you could help me as I am trying to run this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=348900 but for some reason it seem to be conflicting with yours, as I was reading the posts and someone is having the same problem as I. Could you take a look to see what my be the problem ??
    I will open it up and have a look to see if they are indeed compatible. As with some sound and FX mods, they often edit data.pack entries, rather than simply replacing the original fx, so this maybe the case here. With a large scale mod such as Total Combat, I utilize most if not all of the major data.pack files and so we probable conflict somewhere.

However, Brigadier's drum roll cadence mod works fine and is highly recommended, I also reccommend Radious's sfx mod, replaced the original battle ambiance with some excellent musketry and cannon sounds.

The Line of Thor

Thanks Thoragoros, as for the other mods you mention already installed and running my friend

I noticed that there is alot less smoke now on the battlefield. It doesnt linger like it did before. Is that a change from vanilla? I am using Radious Sound mod but I dont think that affects smoke. Thanks for the awesome work. Battles have a much more visceral feel

Quote Originally Posted by Chirurgeon View Post
    I noticed that there is alot less smoke now on the battlefield. It doesnt linger like it did before. Is that a change from vanilla? I am using Radious Sound mod but I dont think that affects smoke. Thanks for the awesome work. Battles have a much more visceral feel
    I have not touched smoke. However, I would suggest checking your particle effects in the Graphics settings as these can sometimes be changed following an update. Also, if all else fails and its really bothering you, try deleting your Scripts folder, the folder that contains the user.script file, and then playing the game, forcing the game to create a new preferences script.

The Line of Thor

Ah I got it figured out. Now there is tons of smoke. I couldnt find the Startpos file. Makes it really challenging when you are in the Egypt campaign and your starting troops are 160 size and you cant get them to 400 cause you can only recruit local infantry! I will keep looking for it

UPDATE

The startpos is missing from the current download. I will be uploading a fix for this shortly with the proper 'Stronger France' trait.

The Line of Thor

awesome will look for it tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by Chirurgeon View Post
    awesome will look for it tomorrow
    It will be up tonight

The Line of Thor

Quote Originally Posted by Thoragoros View Post
    It will be up tonight
    Well I just looked for it lol. Is it on the first page? I looked at the downloads at the bottom of your first post and did not see the startpos file. Again thanks for a great mod

Icon9 Re: Napoleon: Total Combat, Thorized Version 3.3 (Major Update 3B in the works. Better AI, New Units, and Major Rebalancing) PATCH NEWS - TEMPORARY FIX

Others may be happy and content. I am not. You have made 2 changes to your WWI mod since the latest CA update and zero here. I like your mod the best but waiting is getting boring and I want to play Napoleon, not WWI. So I am beginning to look elsewhere.

I still cannot find the Startpos file. The original page does not have a download for this.