Page 33 of 60 FirstFirst ... 823242526272829303132333435363738394041424358 ... LastLast

Thread: BETA V: NAPOLEON: TOTAL COMBAT v4.0 (with 20, 30 & 40 stack army support!) MASSIVE 250+ Units Update!

CamilleBonparte's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Napoleon: Total Combat, Thorized Version 3.3 (Major Update 3B in the works. Better AI, New Units, and Major Rebalancing)

Played a Prussian campaign on H/H with the new patch. The Rhine event where French gains a few more territories still isn't triggering, and France is still turtling. Other factions aren't doing anything minus Austria taking Bavaria and losing to rebellion and then just turtling themselves.
    "If History is deprived of the truth, we are left with nothing but an idle, unprofitable tale." - Polybius
    [/COLOR][/COLOR]

Thoragoros's Avatar Citizen

Default Re: Napoleon: Total Combat, Thorized Version 3.3 (Major Update 3B in the works. Better AI, New Units, and Major Rebalancing)

Quote Originally Posted by CamilleBonparte View Post
    Played a Prussian campaign on H/H with the new patch. The Rhine event where French gains a few more territories still isn't triggering, and France is still turtling. Other factions aren't doing anything minus Austria taking Bavaria and losing to rebellion and then just turtling themselves.
    To be perfectly honest, this sounds like a scripting error. Are you using any startpos mods? Or have you used an startpos mods in the past and 'not' gotten rid of the accompanying scripts?

If you look at what I have edited, I have not touched anything that would effect the 'Confederation of the Rhine' event, nor any other events for that matter.

Also, Total Combat CAI is 'more' aggressive, not less.
    Founder of The Great War - A WWI Mod, Creator of Thorized - Napoleon: Total Combat

Where Gods Walk Among Men
    The Line of Thor
    Patron of: Bethencourt, Hip63, m_1512

Under the Patronage of Captain Blackadder, Member of the Legion of Rahl.

Quote Originally Posted by CamilleBonparte View Post
    I am afraid this is a problem on your end, I am using my mod and just got the Confederation of the Rhine event,

Founder of The Great War - A WWI Mod, Creator of Thorized - Napoleon: Total Combat

The Line of Thor

CamilleBonparte's Avatar Senator

Oh good to know the problem's on my end, I'll just clear out my scripts and reapply the mod. Thanks.

Edit: All right I got it to trigger now. Though I had to use the startpos from v3.2 as you didn't include it in the 3.3 rar. I don't have time to play it right now though, I'll give some feedback tomorrow.
    Last edited by CamilleBonparte; April 15, 2010 at 01:21 AM.
    "If History is deprived of the truth, we are left with nothing but an idle, unprofitable tale." - Polybius
    [/COLOR][/COLOR]

Lil Jazzer's Avatar Civis

Im very sorry if this appears to be an idiotic question (although im a bit tired). But where do I download the actual mod!?
    "...the cannons thundered in accord to many a men crossing, flag in array, musket erect... the glory of war."

-A passage from a personal Ode

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Jazzer View Post
    Im very sorry if this appears to be an idiotic question (although im a bit tired). But where do I download the actual mod!?
    I the bottom left corner of the first post. under attachments.

Lil Jazzer's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by twp127 View Post
    I the bottom left corner of the first post. under attachments.
    Im sorry but there is nothing under attachments , could you possibly quote me the name of the file, rendering me able to download it?
    Thanks alot.
    "...the cannons thundered in accord to many a men crossing, flag in array, musket erect... the glory of war."

-A passage from a personal Ode

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Jazzer View Post
    Im sorry but there is nothing under attachments , could you possibly quote me the name of the file, rendering me able to download it?
    Thanks alot.
    Um, there are several different files at the bottom of my first post. It is on the first page, at the bottom of the first POST.

Look at my first post, it is right above my sig.

The Line of Thor

Battlerager's Avatar Civis

Not to be a goober - but the 3.3 update had the file named incorrectly when compared to the included script text file. Most people probably corrected it themselves - but just in case anyone encounters any errors, this might be your issue...check the file names first.

Great mod though, I keep bouncing between this, Toons and Jam's...so far yours is winning.

edit: anyone mind uploading the stronger France Startpos? It wasn't included in the most recent .rar upload.
    Last edited by Battlerager; April 17, 2010 at 01:21 AM.

Hey thoragoros, any word on when the 3b update will be out?
    Obviously your putting a lot of time into the great war mod(as you should, as that is a fantastic mod as well) but are you putting total combat on hold for the time being?
    if so, it'll be a shame, as this is my favorite mod, but i would completely understand

Quote Originally Posted by Bryanrows View Post
    Hey thoragoros, any word on when the 3b update will be out?
    Obviously your putting a lot of time into the great war mod(as you should, as that is a fantastic mod as well) but are you putting total combat on hold for the time being?
    if so, it'll be a shame, as this is my favorite mod, but i would completely understand
    No, Total Combat is most certainly not on hold. But my time is being eaten up pretty bad by real life, as I say, the bane of all modders. Once things calm down a little behind the screen, I'll get the 3B update out, along with the few bug fixes and 'balancing' issues I have planned.

But, as you said, The Great War is taking 'mod precedence.'

I will, however, continue to update Total Combat.

Also, 3B, when it comes out, will feature some minor BAI tweaks as well, which i hope will help the AI keep its units formation a tad better when on the defence.
    Last edited by Thoragoros; April 20, 2010 at 07:04 PM.

The Line of Thor

Ok, here they are:
    Latest versions of AUM by Swiss Halberdier, Scarlet Dawn and Bonus Austrian units by General Cornwallis. All mods are balanced and optimized to be used with Total Combat 3.3 . Place these pack files into your data folder and add these lines to the user.script file:
    mod *mod_name_here*.pack;
    Last edited by AirnetSnake; April 21, 2010 at 01:33 PM.

Oskar_GT's Avatar Civis
    Quetzaltenango city, Guatemala, Central America

Quote Originally Posted by AirnetSnake View Post
    Ok, here they are:
    Latest versions of AUM by Swiss Halberdier, Scarlet Dawn and Bonus Austrian units by General Cornwallis. All mods are balanced and optimized to be used with Total Combat 3.3 . Place the pack files into your data folder and add these lines to the user.script file:
    Hi guys, glad to see the update that i was waiting for, thank you. Just wonder if you could implement TC mod to be compatible for those of Bart07 and Georaider's aum based unit/new skins addons? hope you can, 'cos their cool units are under numbers by now when usin together whit your mod unit sizes.
    Last edited by Oskar_GT; April 21, 2010 at 01:26 PM.
    "If I advance, follow me. If I stop, urge me on. If I retreat, kill me."

Quote Originally Posted by Oskar_GT View Post
    Hi guys, glad to see the update that i was waiting for, thank you. Just wonder if you could implement TC mod to be compatible for those of Bart07 and Georaider's aum based unit/new skins addons? hope you can, 'cos their cool units are under numbers by now when usin together whit your mod unit sizes.
    To be honest, I haven't yet tried their mods, but I'll consider it.

The Line of Thor

Oskar_GT's Avatar Civis
    Quetzaltenango city, Guatemala, Central America

Quote Originally Posted by Thoragoros View Post
    To be honest, I haven't yet tried their mods, but I'll consider it.
    Hope you have the chance and the time to try them, Thanx in advace Thoragoros.
    "If I advance, follow me. If I stop, urge me on. If I retreat, kill me."

Szun's Avatar Miles

from readme:

mod "TotalCombatTwoRanksFireV3.pack";

4) To receive a 'Stronger France,' please copy startpos.esf into programfiles (x86)/steam/steamapps/common/napoleon total war/ data/campaigns/mp_eur_napoleon

!!!!!!!!!!!FIRST MAKE A BACKUP OF THE VANILLA startpos.esf!!!!!!!!
    where would i find that file? it wasnt int he mod download ^^

Is there a compatible version for the latest AUM release in the works at all, if not is there away to increase the unit sizes on the new units myself?

Quote Originally Posted by Szun View Post
    from readme:

where would i find that file? it wasnt int he mod download ^^
    The readme is outdated, in the last update I forget to change it.

Editing the user.script is no longer necessary.

The Line of Thor

TheBlobThing's Avatar Semisalis

Where is the startpos file?
    Disclaimer:
    The above are my current opinions and are liable to change according to mood, time of day, degree of sleep deprivation endured and/or level of inebriation.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlobThing View Post
    Where is the startpos file?
    It should be in with the main download. I will check and make sure the download is still together.

The Line of Thor