Page 32 of 60 FirstFirst ... 722232425262728293031323334353637383940414257 ... LastLast

Thread: BETA V: NAPOLEON: TOTAL COMBAT v4.0 (with 20, 30 & 40 stack army support!) MASSIVE 250+ Units Update!

Default Re: Napoleon: Total Combat, Thorized Version 3.2 (Major Update 3B in the works. Better AI, New Units, and Major Rebalancing)

Decimus Aquila
    It's the latest version of AUM compatible with TC posted by me last time. Shortly after AUM is updated i'll make a new version, but current is still the newest one.

Thoragoros
    Please add AUM_tc to first post if you don't mind

Default Re: Napoleon: Total Combat, Thorized Version 3.2 (Major Update 3B in the works. Better AI, New Units, and Major Rebalancing)

Thank you both AirnetSnake and Thoragoros for your quick replies . Great news that it is new. Great Mod Aum indeed.

2 Thoragoros, I gave up reading all 32 pages to look if any one have the problem I have at the moment, please bare with me if already written.
    When the campaign begins (British army), I get a unit of 400 men, After they have a battle in campaign vs eg France, they do not reinforce back to 400 men but 160 ?? why is that? I tried to change in graphics settings back to ultra, no show, restarted the campaign, same thing, changed the preference script to 2, it gave me men of 1000, so dropped it back to 1.) What must I do to get it fixed?
    Last edited by Decimus Aquila; April 09, 2010 at 02:08 PM.

Thoragoros,

Hhmm, I think I understand why, might be my bad. The start pose for Britain unit starts at 160. Making new armies begin at 400,300 and so on depending on units. This means I will only get these amounts of units of 300+ only when I recruit fresh from towns?

So in other words, I disband my 160 units that are start pos (since I lack mod skills ) and make new ones.

To add, after 5 turns at the start of the campaign, my army clashed with whom I believed to be Napoleon Bonaparte himself with his force, "wicked", My brothers, I ran away hehe, I ran AWAY (big time retreat) , the win ratio was in favour of Napoleon 80:20 and I believe we had same force... I gave the town back to him without even thinking twice. Dam him hehe.

Thoragoros's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Decimus Aquila View Post
    Thoragoros,

Hhmm, I think I understand why, might be my bad. The start pose for Britain unit starts at 160. Making new armies begin at 400,300 and so on depending on units. This means I will only get these amounts of units of 300+ only when I recruit fresh from towns?

So in other words, I disband my 160 units that are start pos (since I lack mod skills ) and make new ones.

To add, after 5 turns at the start of the campaign, my army clashed with whom I believed to be Napoleon Bonaparte himself with his force, "wicked", My brothers, I ran away hehe, I ran AWAY (big time retreat) , the win ratio was in favour of Napoleon 80:20 and I believe we had same force... I gave the town back to him without even thinking twice. Dam him hehe.
    Yes, it is odd, but that is basically the way it is, it is a vanilla startpos issue.

However, if you set the units to large so that your units are 300 instead of 400, the units will be correct from the start.

If you use 400 unit sizes, your start units will be vanilla size, while the units you build will be the correct size.

Given that you don't start with that many units anyway, it's really not a big deal.
    Last edited by Thoragoros; April 09, 2010 at 05:12 PM.
    Founder of The Great War - A WWI Mod, Creator of Thorized - Napoleon: Total Combat

Where Gods Walk Among Men
    The Line of Thor
    Patron of: Bethencourt, Hip63, m_1512

Under the Patronage of Captain Blackadder, Member of the Legion of Rahl.

jfpOne23's Avatar Libertus

At the start of a new campaign, I force myself to disband 1 or 2 Vanilla units EVERY TURN -- and replace them before I do any other purchases or upgrades. Also, you can disband an already depleted unit after a battle. Sure you will give up some experience in many cases, but swapping out the Vanilla units early takes the sting out of maint costs on 160 men with a 400 man price tag.

Then things are "cleaner", I'm not tempted to keep around a multi-chevron'd unit because I can't bear to part with them. In addition, if you are playing on N/N, it will stall you a bit in the game so it's not such a cake-walk.

Im starting to like having to start with little units. It helps keep me away from the really gamey early rushes that make the game too easy and boring.

Default Re: Napoleon: Total Combat, Thorized

Quote Originally Posted by La♔De♔Da♔Brigadier Graham View Post
    B.A.I Test Well I have to say I have just tried this mod and it is brilliant so far, I tested it using the unofficial B.A.I. test I devised whilst testing various incarnations of the Darth mod for The American Revolution Mod whilst the Modding collective was active for the Bad Empire B.A.I

Brigs quick BAI test....

All settings on ultra

Grassy flatland's map in custom battles

Use the units that the menu gives you, your faction and the Enemy

deploy artillery

Click start and let the enemy come to you and do the work! Dont touch anything unless you want to see how the marching lines react, then take out the enemy cavalry before they reach your lines! In this test today I didn't touch anything the results were inspiring, piccies to follow.....

To see how line infantry and light infantry react, you might take out any enemy cavalry with your artillery.(if they charge your flanks)

Let the Enemy lines march to yours.

do this firstly without any mods

Then try it with the mod and see the difference!

I tried only 1 custom battles! And the A.I was reacting marvelously, and almost won, the battle casualties were very similar!

British vs French Grassy Flatlands map in custom battles

As you can see, almost perfect formations! from line and light or skirmisher units!

Skirmishers performing flanking maneuvers

Skirmishers targeting my General! the bally nerve, the blighters!

They did Melee attack at the end, but that was because of depleted ammunition, I'm sure?

In conclusion

This was just a quick test and from it I have extrapolated:

Line Infantry behave in a cohesive fashion

Enemy skirmishers performed flanking maneuvers well

No evidence of the Melee bug problem unless you count almost at the end when ammunition was "depleted"? Or it may have been that my General was in the proximity?

One question, I notice the Enemy skirmishers vanished sometimes, did you give the the ability to hide in tall grass or something or is this an error? I personally would rather the ability was taken away, just my personal preference!

My apologizes this wasn't an "in depth report", I have been rather busy of late, but in any event well done sir, this kind of mod, likely seems to be the way forward!.+rep
    Chin Chin

Hi all,

Sorry to post this here, something caught my eye in this post and wanted to know where I can get this mod that changes the map icons like the one here and below?

Decimus: I'm not sure of the name of that mod for the mini-map, but it's in Toon's mod, and in the list you can find here:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=340125

Toon' mod is great, but doesn't have the large units or CAI that makes Thor's mod so good.

Thank you

So where's this highly anticipated 3.3 version of this mod?

UPDATE NEWS:

The Total Combat update will be out tomorrow,

In the meantime I have released another mod, The Great War, a WWI combat themed NTW.
    Founder of The Great War - A WWI Mod, Creator of Thorized - Napoleon: Total Combat

The Line of Thor

It all looks pretty promising but do you not think that the range for units with rifles is far too low? As far as I can tell they are 130 now, with light infantry at 125 and line at 110 this is stupid. If I'm remembering correctly the expected effective range of a rifle of the time was way over 200 yards but a good shot with a rifle could kill a man at 300 yards easily but with a musket you would be lucky at to hit them at 100 yards. please at least consider changing this in your next update seeing as it can take twice as long as a musket to reload it shouldn't be too overpowered, especially with your larger unit sizes.

Quote Originally Posted by Pierre Ducos View Post
    It all looks pretty promising but do you not think that the range for units with rifles is far too low? As far as I can tell they are 130 now, with light infantry at 125 and line at 110 this is stupid. If I'm remembering correctly the expected effective range of a rifle of the time was way over 200 yards but a good shot with a rifle could kill a man at 300 yards easily but with a musket you would be lucky at to hit them at 100 yards. please at least consider changing this in your next update seeing as it can take twice as long as a musket to reload it shouldn't be too overpowered, especially with your larger unit sizes.

First off, you are aware that 300 is nearly the range of some artillery pieces in this game, right?

Okay, beyond that, light infantry, in game, do not only have the advantage of longer range, but they have a firing arc of fully 360 degrees, meaning they do not need to turn to fire on an enemy unless told to do so. For instance 'telling them' to attack may cause them to change their facing, but they will firing on an advancing opponent no matter what direction he is coming from.

Now, increasing the range of these units beyond 130 causes severe problems with cavalry. Cavalry are meant to be able to run down light infantry, if cavalry are getting shot up more than 130 'yards' out, they probably won't make contact since each man in the unit will typically get to fire more than one shot on the charging cavalry if they start shooting at such an extreme range.

That would make light infantry nearly impervious to cavalry, and no one wants that.

The Line of Thor

Update 3.3 has been released, it is a prelude to 3B, which is going to be a major update.

3.3 features numerous bug fixes, and much enhanced CAI.

The Line of Thor

Congrats on the new release Thor.

Can a few of you Gents out there give me a quick list of the mod combo's you're using now (or will try) with Thor's mod? I want to get an idea of some good new combo's to try out (and that are confirmed working together). Thanks and Cheers!

Default Re: Napoleon: Total Combat, Thorized Version 3.3 (Major Update 3B in the works. Better AI, New Units, and Major Rebalancing)

In the 3.3 version the pack is named TotalCombatTwoRankFire33.pack, yet the user script is mod "TotalCombatTwoRanksFireV3.pack";
    Might want to change that.

Quote Originally Posted by jfpOne23 View Post
    Congrats on the new release Thor.

Can a few of you Gents out there give me a quick list of the mod combo's you're using now (or will try) with Thor's mod? I want to get an idea of some good new combo's to try out (and that are confirmed working together). Thanks and Cheers!
    Definitely add Shaprs Naval Mod to this one, as this Mod changes only Land Battles and CAI, it leaves out Naval stuff...and Sharp did a decent job with his update of the Naval mechanics.....

Also adding in the RealisticExplosions and a few Graphich, sound enhancing monds is a pleasent updated.

Will update my mod to the newest versions and give feedback...so far am very happy, have half of europe as my protectorates, and France is being bashed quite heavilly, although they took back Bretagne ( my bad, had them go to war with France and they went for Paris wasn't a good idea)....but my relief Army is on its way.

Love how the CAI is building up defending armies in cities, I mean the Spanish have an almost full stack of units in the Baelric Islands, Catalonia was nice and easy, but Pamplona is again defended by a full stack with 2x half stack next door for support..had to retreat to Catalonian demilitarized zone for replenishment + reinforcements are on their way from Provence, Austria and Prusia were getting quite the beating in Centra Europe, but they are being pushed back finally, have started my Grand Re-uniting of Italy Campaing, so far Torino and Venice are the first regions to fly under the Italian flag, Rome is next, Neaples is my ally (but may dump them for the sake of creating a full fledged Italian state).

Somehow Belgium has become one of my largest Protectorates in Europe (gave them around 4 regions...the are spreading from Brusells to Luzern (Switzerland) and just had them join my war against France for 20k...but the bastards are sitting at the borders with full stacks waiting for hell I don't know what, at least my Amsterdam Base of operations is safe behind heavilly defended Belgian lines and Hanover is covered by allies and protectorates from all sides.

My only concern is getting Denmark as one of my vicotory regions (they are good Trade partners and have rather large 3 full stacks near Copenhagen (will probably leave the for the last).

Can anything be done about the AI of Spain (they seem rather dull), once I sank their Spanish Armada (got the nice Santisima Trinidad -- sweet cannon platform, but rather snailish in moving), they don't pose any chalange or danger, I don't see them pushing into Europe, they don't blockade trading routes or traiding ports, they don't build any heavy navy nothing. Maybe give them major nations AI, or better yet, have all the nations have a major nations AI, rather then minor, could make for more active battles and choices for the CAI.

Regarding to BAI, it is quite good, had some pretty decent fights, a few times it even seemed I am doomed, but my British boyes kick quite the punch, but hands down, the Royal Navy is by far the best.

One thing I am missing most playing GB is that I have no Firing Cavalry, France has some and I think other nations too, but I have only melee cav, which is rather said, but then again, I use them mostly to pick of routing units, flanking and ambushing arty groups as the AI tends to leave them without any defense (I know that it is not very fair, but hey, you do mistakes, you get punished --> I lost arty, cav and even ships cause I did stupid mistakes, did not reload, thus I feel it is ok to use the AIs stupidity agains it )

All in all, good work, keep it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Thoragoros View Post
    Update 3.3 has been released

CamilleBonparte's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Napoleon: Total Combat, Thorized Version 3.3 (Major Update 3B in the works. Better AI, New Units, and Major Rebalancing)

Been using this mod to try to get some replay value out of NTW...

First off, I've seen Russia actually do something in my H-CAI UK campaign. They took down one of France's german allies(though the city did fall to rebellion and revert back, but now they aren't a French ally anymore!), and they also destroyed Switzlerland (France recaptured it, kept it French). On the other hand, the event in turn 2 or so where France automatically gains 2 or 3 provinces(including Bavaria) never occurred, so France is considerably weaker. There's a buffer between French lands and Austria, so there isn't any fighting going on between France and anyone else, which means no French expansion. I have been blockading all of France's ports and liberating their northern provinces, which seems to have made them put 3 or 4 stacks in the general area of Paris...not doing anything with them because their provinces are now protectorate countries not technically "At War" with them. Basically, France's extreme passivity and refusal to declare war on my protectorates is losing the war for them, and they simply aren't a threat to anyone. Meanwhile, Prussia keeps trying to eat up my protectorates. :sigh:

Just my observations. Gonna download the new update now, curious what the new CAI enhancements are?
    "If History is deprived of the truth, we are left with nothing but an idle, unprofitable tale." - Polybius
    [/COLOR][/COLOR]

Just wondering, doesn't the user script have to be mod "TotalCombatTwoRanksFireV33.pack"; instead of mod "TotalCombatTwoRanksFireV3.pack"; now?