Page 3 of 60 FirstFirst 123456789101112132853 ... LastLast

Thread: BETA V: NAPOLEON: TOTAL COMBAT v4.0 (with 20, 30 & 40 stack army support!) MASSIVE 250+ Units Update!

Thoragoros's Avatar Citizen

Default Re: Napoleon: Total Combat, Thorized

Quote Originally Posted by aus-rotten View Post
    as far as I've seen in battles with Jams mod, the units dont have to spread out into 2 ranks deep.
    they use the 2 ranks firing in nearly every units shape (sometimes parts of the 3 line firing, thats ie).

the big advantages:
    - its the most "realistic" firing
    - soldiers don´t have to wait till everybody is in position
    -muskatfire sounds very realistic, because soldiers firing a nearly simultanous first volley and rhen everybodz fires individuallly

maybe you can make one version with this kind of firing to give it a try. because all together, your changes sound very good!
    I have gotten in touch with JaM, and he very graciously told me how to make it so that only two ranks fire. I will look into putting this into my mod, since I too would prefer the more historic firing methods.

Quote Originally Posted by Emilio Aguinaldo View Post
    Can someone tell me how to decrease accuracy for line infantry by 60%? Muskets are firing like American Civil War rifles Oo
    I have not touched musket kills rates. Projectile kill rates are left at CA values. All I have done is increase range.

Quote Originally Posted by CescPistols View Post
    Is there a way to make the campaign start with your unit sizes?
    Cos atm its making the 160 men starting armies obsolete when factions start getting new units.

Brilliant mod though. +rep.
    Not that I am aware of, but to do so I would imagine would require editing the startpos, and I have only seldomly delved into the startpos, but that is something I do hope to correct in the future.
    Last edited by Thoragoros; March 06, 2010 at 09:17 AM.
    Founder of The Great War - A WWI Mod, Creator of Thorized - Napoleon: Total Combat

Where Gods Walk Among Men
    The Line of Thor
    Patron of: Bethencourt, Hip63, m_1512

Under the Patronage of Captain Blackadder, Member of the Legion of Rahl.

gord96's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by CescPistols View Post
    Is there a way to make the campaign start with your unit sizes?
    Cos atm its making the 160 men starting armies obsolete when factions start getting new units.

Brilliant mod though. +rep.
    your units dont start with the proper unit sizes? when I start a new campaign all the units sizes are the proper "large" sizes.

Quote Originally Posted by gord96 View Post
    your units dont start with the proper unit sizes? when I start a new campaign all the units sizes are the proper "large" sizes.
    It seems to be sporadic, but sometimes the 'initial' units in the campaign, the units that are there without you building them, are of vanilla size.
    Founder of The Great War - A WWI Mod, Creator of Thorized - Napoleon: Total Combat

The Line of Thor

Quote Originally Posted by Thoragoros View Post
    It seems to be sporadic, but sometimes the 'initial' units in the campaign, the units that are there without you building them, are of vanilla size.
    gotcha. i dont have that problem. i remember people saying the same thing with Empire when using Darthmod and it's large unit sizes. I could never figure out what they were talking about as I did not ever get the small starting units. Wierd.

Default Re: Napoleon: Total Combat, Thorized (UPDATE coming)

in regards to the campaign I think I am seeing the AI make some bigger stacks. Northern Italy is cranking out troops, something that didn't seem to happen before. Havent seen much fight from France since I took Bavaria but we will see what happens as the camapign goes on. Saxony has a stack and a half wandering around as well.

in regards to the campaign I think I am seeing the AI make some bigger stacks. Northern Italy is cranking out troops, something that didn't seem to happen before. Havent seen much fight from France since I took Bavaria but we will see what happens as the camapign goes on. Saxony has a stack and a half wandering around as well.
    More armies, bigger stacks...sounds like everythin is in working order.

Glad you like it!

What do you think about my including the two rank fire thing?

The Line of Thor

More armies, bigger stacks...sounds like everythin is in working order.

Glad you like it!

So is it still skirmish or instead do the do the 2 rank fire thing now?

thats a tough call. i really like the firing now. it's VERY intense. there is something about 300 muskets all firing at once that is terrifying!

Dont add firing drills. That'll simply up squares and formations seeing how large and slow units are.
    Supporter of Facial Hair for extra Manliness.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Os View Post
    Dont add firing drills. That'll simply up squares and formations seeing how large and slow units are.

joreto's Avatar Tiro

Actually the two rank fire thing isn't firing drill. And it is much more realistic than the mass fire...
    &

My first test was an ordinary battle on grassland. I choose France vs Britan on Expert.

My Battle order was 2x12pounder and 2x5pounder Howitzers, 5xLineinfantry, 4xSharpshooters, 2xOld Guard, 1xKurassiers, 1xLancers, and an Ordinary General.

The Brits had an default army.

The Battle begun with heavy artillery fire from me and some British Lines took heavy casualties from Howitzer fire, but didn´t break. Then the AI began their first charge with their Cav. right into my Sharpshooters wich had placed some stackes. The British Cav. didn´t even reached my line of sharpshooters, they where all blowen to hell by Artillery fire and sharpshooters and Lineinfantry fire.

I focused now my Artillery fire on the british Artillery but it didn´t take any effect. In the meantime the AI focused their fire on one of my 12pounders battery and it took effect because my man run away.

Then the AI began to march forward with flanking manouvers with sharpshooters and Militia in support. I choose to rush my Kurassiers and Lancers into his left flank. And ran into a Platoon of British Militia. The close combat seemed not to be good for me so i choose my General to boost up moral for my Cav.

I broke through the Milita line but behind that another regular Lineinfantry had took position. In the meantime the AI moved verry close to my defense line and some meele battles took place.

During this period i heard a lot of " Sir our man run away"...i couldn´t move my general to all problem positions of the Line so i choosed my OLD Guard to change the Battle curse. But they also ran into constantly Fire from several Britsh lines and where masacared as faster as i could watch it.

In the end my positon was hopeless and the AI had also started to incercle me. I was surounded be several Lines and took fire from all over the place and my troops started to get routed and flew from the Battlefield.

Glorious Defeat was the result.

My conclusion to the Mod after this short and quick Battle

But i would consider some points:

Units fire to fast, that looked like closely to Machinegun fire sometimes, so i would consider longer reload time.

The 12pounders didn´t do much damage to the Lineinfantry so i would consider they need to be as they are in the Darthmod.

Howitzers seemed to be verry strong and deadly, maybe to much devastating instead of the 12pounders and they should be.

But all in all the Mod is on the right way

Try to take everything as it is in DMUC and it will be perfect!!!

Keep up the good work

Hmm, tried this in a campaign as France, awesome with the unit sizes.

However, I'm unable to build howitzers from the start, how come?

May I make a suggestion? Perhaps different versions for different uit sizes. My computer cannot handle all the post processing effects firing off so many units at once, however can handle this at 250-300 men per regiment.

I only ask as your mod is the only one that I enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Os View Post
    May I make a suggestion? Perhaps different versions for different uit sizes. My computer cannot handle all the post processing effects firing off so many units at once, however can handle this at 250-300 men per regiment.

I only ask as your mod is the only one that I enjoy.
    if you put the units to large instead of ultra, the regiments go to about 300 men. its what i did on my work laptop and it runs much smoother!

if you put the units to large instead of ultra, the regiments go to about 300 men. its what i did on my work laptop and it runs much smoother!
    Blah I cant believe I for about that. Been editing unit sizes to0 much in the prefence file.

Battlerager's Avatar Civis

Mods works well, even on my Asus gaming laptop.

...only mod so far that can pull me from the Radious set...I may have to start combining them (like you mentioned).

Thumbs up!

Megas12345's Avatar Tiro

delete read above question answered lol

Quote Originally Posted by zorphon View Post
    So is it still skirmish or instead do the do the 2 rank fire thing now?
    No, the units will behave the same, but only two ranks will fire instead of the entire formation.

Quote Originally Posted by Cozur View Post
    Hmm, tried this in a campaign as France, awesome with the unit sizes.

However, I'm unable to build howitzers from the start, how come?
    I will take a look and make sure I didn't miss anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Feldmarschall Blücher View Post
    Units fire to fast, that looked like closely to Machinegun fire sometimes, so i would consider longer reload time.

The 12pounders didn´t do much damage to the Lineinfantry so i would consider they need to be as they are in the Darthmod.

Howitzers seemed to be verry strong and deadly, maybe to much devastating instead of the 12pounders and they should be.

But all in all the Mod is on the right way

Try to take everything as it is in DMUC and it will be perfect!!!

Keep up the good work
    I have not touched musket reload times, only musket ranges. The difference is that the entire formation is firing, meaning that there will always be a number of soldier firing inside the formation.
    Last edited by Thoragoros; March 06, 2010 at 09:42 PM.

The Line of Thor

I think the fire rate is fine, please do not lower them. Very good mod.