Page 29 of 60 FirstFirst ... 419202122232425262728293031323334353637383954 ... LastLast

Thread: BETA V: NAPOLEON: TOTAL COMBAT v4.0 (with 20, 30 & 40 stack army support!) MASSIVE 250+ Units Update!

Thoragoros's Avatar Citizen

Default Re: Napoleon: Total Combat, Thorized Version 3.2 Quick Fix Released

3.2 Released.

12lber cannons numbers fixed.

Rockets are now properly recruitable.

Grenades removed.
    Founder of The Great War - A WWI Mod, Creator of Thorized - Napoleon: Total Combat

Where Gods Walk Among Men
    The Line of Thor
    Patron of: Bethencourt, Hip63, m_1512

Under the Patronage of Captain Blackadder, Member of the Legion of Rahl.

gord96's Avatar Domesticus

awesome. thanks!

Default Re: Napoleon: Total Combat, Thorized Version 3.1 (Quick Fix Released, Unicorn Range fixed)

Quote Originally Posted by Thoragoros View Post
    Ah! Yes, of course.

Sure, I am going to be releasing a standalone version of the CAI, I'll do a version for the units too.

No problem, either tonight or tomorrow. It'll be up soon. Not a problem.

I am pleased, thank you for your work!
    And if it does please also 2 fire ranks
    ever say many thanks to you dear

I wait so long with the play dan ...

Ok seriously have you actually even played your own mod? I just had a battle with my friend, me as Hessen vs him as France. Overall his units were inferior to mine but he had 4 units of rocket artillery and proceeded to decimate my entire cavalry in minutes. Now you have got to do something about this rocket bulcrap. Why did you even think it was remotely a good idea to make it so availble to the AI? Whoever has rocket troop wins the battles, its as simple as that. Either nerf it or get rid of it entirely. I can't imagine you would care but until you do something about this OP rocket I'm switching to Choki's unit size mod.

Default Re: Napoleon: Total Combat, Thorized Version 3.2 (Stand Alone AI and Units Released)

UPDATE

I have now released a stand alone version of the CAI and of the Units.
    Last edited by Thoragoros; March 30, 2010 at 11:10 AM.
    Founder of The Great War - A WWI Mod, Creator of Thorized - Napoleon: Total Combat

The Line of Thor

Quote Originally Posted by apecallum View Post
    Ok seriously have you actually even played your own mod? I just had a battle with my friend, me as Hessen vs him as France. Overall his units were inferior to mine but he had 4 units of rocket artillery and proceeded to decimate my entire cavalry in minutes. Now you have got to do something about this rocket bulcrap. Why did you even think it was remotely a good idea to make it so availble to the AI? Whoever has rocket troop wins the battles, its as simple as that. Either nerf it or get rid of it entirely. I can't imagine you would care but until you do something about this OP rocket I'm switching to Choki's unit size mod.
    I am sorry, but your cirtiscm of rockets is -- to use your own language -- 'bullcrap.' Rockets have been limited to 6 per faction, meaning those 4 units of rockets accounted for pretty much his entire arsenal of rockets.

Any close range volley of artillery will inflcit serious losses. Rockets are no exception. Rockets at long range, as CA intended, are very weak due to massive inaccuracy. At medium to close range, yes, rockets are deadly because their accuracy is greater, but that applies to any artillery unit.

However, as someone else had said, even a well-placed unit of standard cannon artillery will inflict heavy losses because this is the way CA modeled their artillery. Now consider that a well placed unit of standard cannons with the Barrage Ability will inflcit grievous losses, and your criticism of rockets becomes even less valid. You seem, therefore, to be critisizing the mere fact that rockets exist.

So applying your 'logic,' wouldn't standard cannons be considered overpowered?

The fact is, you are accustomed to not having to worry about enemy artillery simply because the AI does not have the capacity to properly use standard cannons due to cannons' 'sensitivity' to terrain changes, something the AI cannot register.

When cannons were all the AI had access to for half the game, the threat of enemy artillery was minimal because the AI couldn't properly use it. Now, the AI has access to artillery it actually knows how to use, and suddenly you actually have to take enemy artillery into consideration.

I am sorry, but you're criticism is not only toned poorly, but it is poor in and of itself.

I'm switching to Choki's unit size mod
    Choki is a good guy and friend. So why would I care? Just hope you are more civil with him than you have been with me in each of your posts.
    Last edited by Thoragoros; March 30, 2010 at 11:44 AM.

The Line of Thor

gord96's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by apecallum View Post
    come on man. no need to be rude. Thor doesnt get any money to make this mod. He just does it cause he like it and likes to share his vision with others.
    Last edited by gord96; March 30, 2010 at 11:58 AM.

Default Re: Napoleon: Total Combat, Thorized Version 3.2 (Stand Alone AI and Units Released)

thanks for standalone CAi mod

Quote Originally Posted by Derack View Post
    thanks for standalone CAi mod
    No problem.

The Line of Thor

You mentioned new units, what are they.
    Supporter of Facial Hair for extra Manliness.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Os View Post
    You mentioned new units, what are they.
    I do not believe I mentioned new units.

I think you are referring to AUM-Total Combat, a compatibility mod made by Airnet Snake which combines Total Combat changes with the new units of AUM.

The Line of Thor

MAJOR UPDATE coming soon.

Total War Version 3B

- Experience bonus balancing to be more dynamic results.

- Further CAI enhancments. AI to be more aggressive, Allies to be 'tighter.'

- Balancing of Grenadiers.

-Further artillery 'tweaks' for balancing purposes.

The Line of Thor

Default Re: Napoleon: Total Combat, Thorized Version 3.2 (Major Update 3B in the works. AI, New Units, and Major Rebalancing)

im excited to try out that new update once its out :-)

Default Re: Napoleon: Total Combat, Thorized Version 3.2 (Major Update 3B in the works. AI, New Units, and Major Rebalancing)

is the mod Multiplayer playable if all players have it ?

is this standalone CAİ mod working with saved games or we need to open new game?

Quote Originally Posted by Derack View Post
    is this standalone CAİ mod working with saved games or we need to open new game?
    It will work with savegames, but the difference will be slightly less noticeable since some of the game will have been played with the old AI.

The Line of Thor

i get the changes in costum battles but not in campaign, any one knows what it can be,

also the mod wich makes AUM and Total Combat appears as a video wich i cant view so it wont work
    Last edited by Thyrion007; March 31, 2010 at 11:04 AM.

@Thoragoros

would have great please you.
    Can you make a mod where all fractions the moral 15 (full)?

I play kampain with Poland and wanted to ask is there a mod where I can build all units?
    So, for example Britain, France, Russian Federation, Sweden can build a lot more different units and Poland only 4 infantry and cavalry 2?
    And the other infantry 12 or more ....

And you can make a mod or is there a shooting where 2 ranks but kneel down with? You heard as si in Empire - Total War there was always the first ree knelt down when they shot.

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Thyrion007 View Post
    i get the changes in costum battles but not in campaign, any one knows what it can be,

also the mod wich makes AUM and Total Combat appears as a video wich i cant view so it wont work
    As with any mod that ups unit sizes passed a certain point, the initial unit sizes in the campaign will remain vanilla.

The units you build will have the right sizes, but not the initial units. So, for instance, if you set the unit sizes to large, the initial units in the campaign will be at 300, as will the units you build.

On ultra, the unit sizes of the initial units in the campaign will not correct themselves, and only the units you and AI build will have the correct sizes.

Give that no one starts with that many units anyway, it really isn't much of a problem.

The Line of Thor

ok moral and ammo, I changed it myself :-)
    I just need a mod where I can build all the units in fraction poland
    all infentry and kavelery.