Page 2 of 60 FirstFirst 1234567891011122752 ... LastLast

Thread: BETA V: NAPOLEON: TOTAL COMBAT v4.0 (with 20, 30 & 40 stack army support!) MASSIVE 250+ Units Update!

Radious's Avatar I came, I saw, I modded

Default Re: Napoleon: Total Combat, Thorized

Nice mod Sir, thanks for credit even if i think it wasnt necessary, FAA needed to be gone

Thoragoros's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Shabby_Ronin View Post
    Ok thanks buddy, gonna give this a go tonight...will this work with the ultimate sound mod? I know there is not MM yet, so I don't remember all the pack files stuff and what works with what.
    Yes, I do not touch the sfx files. Any sound mod will work provided it does not touch the files I touched.
    Founder of The Great War - A WWI Mod, Creator of Thorized - Napoleon: Total Combat

Where Gods Walk Among Men
    The Line of Thor
    Patron of: Bethencourt, Hip63, m_1512

Under the Patronage of Captain Blackadder, Member of the Legion of Rahl.

ok so i reverified my steam files and reinstalled the mod and now i have sound again, you might want to add a little blurb about if you have no sound after install, reverify and try installing again. btw its a cool mod i played a quick custom battle with default units for ottomans and i noticed that their skirmisher type units runs away very quickly they didnt even suffer 1/4 casualties might want to check in on morale for their units.

gord96's Avatar Domesticus

wow. i mean WOW! just started a campaign with Austria to test this out and the first battle was insane. it was a small engagement, 5 units each but wow what a sight. 20 cannons on each side blasting holes in everything. huge swarms of cavalry. very good work. and it didnt run to bad, even on my work laptop.

+rep for you good sir!

Quote Originally Posted by gord96 View Post
    wow. i mean WOW! just started a campaign with Austria to test this out and the first battle was insane. it was a small engagement, 5 units each but wow what a sight. 20 cannons on each side blasting holes in everything. huge swarms of cavalry. very good work. and it didnt run to bad, even on my work laptop.

+rep for you good sir!
    Thanks! Glad you like it.

Quote Originally Posted by freelancerX View Post
    ok so i reverified my steam files and reinstalled the mod and now i have sound again, you might want to add a little blurb about if you have no sound after install, reverify and try installing again. btw its a cool mod i played a quick custom battle with default units for ottomans and i noticed that their skirmisher type units runs away very quickly they didnt even suffer 1/4 casualties might want to check in on morale for their units.
    I have not yet touched morale, but yes, I will be working on morale and other various 'minor' changes in coming releases.
    Founder of The Great War - A WWI Mod, Creator of Thorized - Napoleon: Total Combat

The Line of Thor

♔GrinningManiac♔'s Avatar Centenarius

I'm guessing I'm gonna have to start a new campaign for this?

Quote Originally Posted by ♔GrinningManiac♔ View Post
    I'm guessing I'm gonna have to start a new campaign for this?
    No you will not. The changes I made are not campaign sensitive. However, the new unit sizes will only effect newly created units, not units you already had. Building bonuses, unit sizes, etc. are not campaign sensitive.

As a matter of fact, I made most of these changes while playing my Prussia campaign and only after I was ready to release was it that restarted a Russian campaign for testing purposes.

So no, you do not need to start a new campaign.

The Line of Thor

i noticed you recommend N/H or H/H to play this. I usually play on H/N. Is there any changes you made for the battles that would make Normal battles any easier, or is it just because you prefer Hard Battles? thanks again!

Shiloh's Avatar Senator

Nice job Thoragoros! I just had an epic battle with close to 9,000 troops and it felt simply grand. You made the units just the right size and the BAI kept their lines for the most part in exchanging fire and the rate of fire seemed perfect. The artillery sizes really made a difference and their destructive force when concentrated in the right areas was fantastic.

I mostly play battles as opposed to campaign so this was really important to help me get a feeling of scale that I wasn't getting with the 1,500 or so troops to a side. I usually play on high graphic settings and at times ultra if there isn't a lot of cavalry in the battle, so medium was my setting with your mod. I'd rather sacrifice a little graphic quality for the extra 6,000 troops on the battlefield.

I will be posting some battles on my site and if you are cool with it, will supply a link to your mod. Thanks again and +rep.

Last edited by Shiloh; March 05, 2010 at 03:10 PM.
    www.totalgettysburg.com
    Take an in-depth look at the Battle of Gettysburg in the American Civil War. This site is dedicated to education and the conservation of Civil War battlefields.

www.youtube.com/twbattles
    View Total War battle commentary videos on an epic scale.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezekielen View Post
    Nice job Thoragoros! I just had an epic battle with close to 9,000 troops and it felt simply grand. You made the units just the right size and the BAI kept their lines for the most part in exchanging fire and the rate of fire seemed perfect. The artillery sizes really made a difference and their destructive force when concentrated in the right areas was fantastic.

I mostly play battles as opposed to campaign so this was really important to help me get a feeling of scale that I wasn't getting with the 1,500 or so troops to a side. I usually play on high graphic settings and at times ultra if there isn't a lot of cavalry in the battle, so medium was my setting with your mod. I'd rather sacrifice a little graphic quality for the extra 6,000 troops on the battlefield.

I will be posting some battles on my site and if you are cool with it, will supply a link to your mod. Thanks again and +rep.

i agree fully. even the few small skirmishes I have been having at the start of my new Austrian campaign have been very "grand" indeed. And yeah, totally worth a little graphics hit for such fun battles!

aus-rotten's Avatar Semisalis

doyou have massfire or the the very good double rank fire from Jams Napoleon Realism Mod (which is the nest solution for all the firing drills in my eyes...)

NO GODS -NO MASTERS
    just free minds

my brown power ass in your white power face.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezekielen View Post

Go right ahead with link, that what the mods here are for, right? I am glad you enjoyed it.

Quote Originally Posted by gord96 View Post
    i noticed you recommend N/H or H/H to play this. I usually play on H/N. Is there any changes you made for the battles that would make Normal battles any easier, or is it just because you prefer Hard Battles? thanks again!
    I have not yet made any changes to the AI bonuses, though I plan to if I can find the right 'balance.' I recommend Hard for the campaign just to give the AI an extra 'boost' because I feel it helps with the overall aim of the mod.

Of course playing with whatever settings you prefer has no bearing at all on how the mod works. So of course use whatever settings you prefer.

Quote Originally Posted by aus-rotten View Post
    doyou have massfire or the the very good double rank fire from Jams Napoleon Realism Mod (which is the nest solution for all the firing drills in my eyes...)
    I will not speak for JaM's excellent work. However, so far as I can tell, JaM achieves his Double Rank Fire by enabling Skirmish Behavior and then setting the units to be two ranks deep. But since I more than double the unit sizes, Skirmish Behavior translates to multiple ranks firing in my mod.

Were I to set unit formations to stretch the Line Infantry units to only 2 ranks deep in my mod, the units, due their increased size, would not be able to fit inside of 'deployment zone' at the beginning of each battle, so I leave units at four ranks deep.
    Last edited by Thoragoros; March 05, 2010 at 03:46 PM.

The Line of Thor

Quote Originally Posted by Thoragoros View Post
    Go right ahead with link, that what the mods here are for, right? I am glad you enjoyed it.

I have not yet made any changes to the AI bonuses, though I plan to if I can find the right 'balance.' I recommend Hard for the campaign just to give the AI an extra 'boost' because I feel it helps with the overall aim of the mod.

Of course playing with whatever settings you prefer has no bearing at all on how the mod works. So of course use whatever settings you prefer.

I will not speak for JaM's excellent work. However, so far as I can tell, JaM achieves his Double Rank Fire by enabling Skirmish Behavior and then setting the units to be two ranks deep. But since I more than double the unit sizes, Skirmish Behavior translates to multiple ranks firing in my mod.

Were I to set unit formations to stretch the Line Infantry units to only 2 ranks deep in my mod, the units, due their increased size, would not be able to fit inside of 'deployment zone' at the beginning of each battle, so I leave units at four ranks deep.
    Good work...Just an FYI, Jam's mod does not make formations 2 ranks deep.

I am a bit confused on the whole firing drill thing. So say I have a unit of line inf., what will they default to (in ranks) and how many ranks fire? I never fully understood the whole 'skirmish' behavior. I know I sound like a noob, and that is because I am. I think you're mod is terrific though!

Quote Originally Posted by zorphon View Post
    I am a bit confused on the whole firing drill thing. So say I have a unit of line inf., what will they default to (in ranks) and how many ranks fire? I never fully understood the whole 'skirmish' behavior. I know I sound like a noob, and that is because I am. I think you're mod is terrific though!
    'Skirmisher Behavior' is the ability that you can toggle in units like Jagers to make them retreat whenever an enemy gets close. For whatever reason, if a unit has this ability, whether or not they are using it, it allows all of the soldiers in the unit to fire at once.

Therefore, giving it to units like line infantry allow them to all fire at once, even though they can't actually 'use' the Skimirisher ability since it's tab is covered by the 'Square Formation.'

The Line of Thor

hehe played quite a bit of my Austrian campaign. Battles are great. Only issues are in a battle where there is a town. Confuses the AI to no end with the big units trying to form formations around the buildings. Love the way the units fire. Very intense musketry. Please don't change that. If you wanted "to make battles more of a spectacle, and a bit more ‘visceral." then you have figured it out!

aus-rotten's Avatar Semisalis

as far as I've seen in battles with Jams mod, the units dont have to spread out into 2 ranks deep.
    they use the 2 ranks firing in nearly every units shape (sometimes parts of the 3 line firing, thats ie).

the big advantages:
    - its the most "realistic" firing
    - soldiers donīt have to wait till everybody is in position
    -muskatfire sounds very realistic, because soldiers firing a nearly simultanous first volley and rhen everybodz fires individuallly

maybe you can make one version with this kind of firing to give it a try. because all together, your changes sound very good!

NO GODS -NO MASTERS
    just free minds

my brown power ass in your white power face.

joreto's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by aus-rotten View Post
    as far as I've seen in battles with Jams mod, the units dont have to spread out into 2 ranks deep.
    they use the 2 ranks firing in nearly every units shape (sometimes parts of the 3 line firing, thats ie).

the big advantages:
    - its the most "realistic" firing
    - soldiers donīt have to wait till everybody is in position
    -muskatfire sounds very realistic, because soldiers firing a nearly simultanous first volley and rhen everybodz fires individuallly

maybe you can make one version with this kind of firing to give it a try. because all together, your changes sound very good!
    This sounds like an interesting proposal and I will be glad to see what will come out of it too.
    &

Can someone tell me how to decrease accuracy for line infantry by 60%? Muskets are firing like American Civil War rifles Oo

Is there a way to make the campaign start with your unit sizes?
    Cos atm its making the 160 men starting armies obsolete when factions start getting new units.

Brilliant mod though. +rep.