Page 11 of 60 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast

Thread: BETA V: NAPOLEON: TOTAL COMBAT v4.0 (with 20, 30 & 40 stack army support!) MASSIVE 250+ Units Update!

Default Re: Napoleon: Total Combat, Thorized Version 2.0a

Quote Originally Posted by Thoragoros View Post
    Shabby, with Unit Scale on large the unit sizes are the same as DarthMod ETW. I doubt anyone would call DarthMod ETW 'unplayable.'

And the battles maps here are actually slightly larger than ETW.

*EDIT* How far is the morale stuff, do we have a aprox. date when that update will be out?
    Last edited by zorphon; March 10, 2010 at 02:46 PM.

gord96's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by zorphon View Post
    So are you saying France will be added to the Coalition Campaign?
    he means France will be a stronger enemy in the Coalition campaign. France already has its own European campaign.

Thoragoros's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by gord96 View Post
    he means France will be a stronger enemy in the Coalition campaign. France already has its own European campaign.
    Yes, Gord is right.

The update will be uploaded in a couple of hours. I just need to get to my home PC and the update will be 'live.' Thank you all for your patience, and sorry again the update wasn't here last night as promised, just real life can be...odd at times as I'm sure you all know.
    Founder of The Great War - A WWI Mod, Creator of Thorized - Napoleon: Total Combat

Where Gods Walk Among Men
    The Line of Thor
    Patron of: Bethencourt, Hip63, m_1512

Under the Patronage of Captain Blackadder, Member of the Legion of Rahl.

I am fully aware of the fact France has it own European campaign, but it is different than the coalition campaign and I just misread his post.

Anyways, glad to hear France will actually be a major threat.

I am starting to think though that the kill rates are a little excessive in this mod. I don't know if it is just me but they drop fast! This isn't necessarily a problem or a negative more so than an observation.

I hope you can figure out some of this stuff soon and start adding more features to this mod. I love JaM's work as well but the mod is a little too 'authentic' for my taste, and as I love historically accurate and realistic mods, it just ruins some of the fun for me.

I hope to hear from you soon and see when the next version comes out.

I just can't decide which mod to use for long-term because there are just so many and most of them do similar things. Since I am somewhat of a noob to all of this most of the change-logs seems alien to me and I just don't know which one to use to maximize MY enjoyment... Oh well.

Default Re: Napoleon: Total Combat, Thorized Version 2.1

Version 2.1 is now available.
    Founder of The Great War - A WWI Mod, Creator of Thorized - Napoleon: Total Combat

The Line of Thor

Quote Originally Posted by Thoragoros View Post
    Version 2.1 is now available.
    You're the man

*edit*

I like the changes you made.. Just looking forward to more features being implemented. I like the ways you aided France, very clever. Trying it out now.
    Last edited by zorphon; March 10, 2010 at 07:51 PM.

i gotta say i think you should remove the 2 rank firing for grenadiers especially since you gave them a little boost for your elites only 2 rank fire mod. i would be nice if only real ELITES had 2 rank fire as a unit with 2 rank fire just slaughters, and aside from that it would mean that grenadiers would be used more as a melee force like intended.

Quote Originally Posted by freelancerX View Post
    i gotta say i think you should remove the 2 rank firing for grenadiers especially since you gave them a little boost for your elites only 2 rank fire mod. i would be nice if only real ELITES had 2 rank fire as a unit with 2 rank fire just slaughters, and aside from that it would mean that grenadiers would be used more as a melee force like intended.
    The Elites Only two rank fire is meant for 'ALL' elites, Grenadiers are a semi-elite force. Remember, for those who don't have 'Elites Units' versions of the game, there aren't that many 'elite' units except Guard type units, and making a seperate version for just Guards would be kind of silly.

Also, remember, there are three versions of this mod. So if you don't like elites only two rank fire just download the version you would prefer.

If you want all units two rank, download that.

If you want vanilla fire, download that.

The Line of Thor

More lowered upkeep? Oh man, the maps gonna be crawling with frenchies and austries.

Megasalexandros's Avatar Campidoctor

A question , this two rank fire mod is it available for empire total war too?
    Cause i knew that this style of firing was requested for empire but it didnt existed does anyone knows?
    And another question when you say two ranks fire you mean that the first rank kneels?
    Last edited by Megasalexandros; March 11, 2010 at 12:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tenjouten View Post
    More lowered upkeep? Oh man, the maps gonna be crawling with frenchies and austries.
    Actually, no.

Just very slightly lowered upkeep for French Fusiliers and National Guard. A stronger France has been requested, and the only way to do this until we have access to the AI files without hexediting is to give the AI 'crutches.' As it stands, France needs more soldiers to be more competitive since their AI can't be touched.

Also, it is kind of the purpose of the mod to have much larger, more numerous battles.
    Last edited by Thoragoros; March 11, 2010 at 12:11 AM.

The Line of Thor

joreto's Avatar Tiro

It's great the new version is already out! Downloading now
    One question - do you think to make your mod compatible with AUM mod ? It would be great to see more unit variety in your mod.
    &

Ive tried getting this od to work with Lutniks AI mod. Somehow I cannot.
    Supporter of Facial Hair for extra Manliness.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Os View Post
    Ive tried getting this od to work with Lutniks AI mod. Somehow I cannot.
    I will look into it after I get permission from Lutnik to use his AI in Total Combat.

Quote Originally Posted by joreto View Post
    It's great the new version is already out! Downloading now
    One question - do you think to make your mod compatible with AUM mod ? It would be great to see more unit variety in your mod.
    AUM adds new units into the game. In order for the two mods to be compatible, I would need to edit their new units to match/scale with the unit stat changes in Total Combat. So no, the two mods are not compatible.

The Line of Thor

First off, may I just say that this mod is incredible! However, I do find artillery to be a bit overpowered. Even using some the game-start 4 gun batteries, they still have nearly the highest kills... This is especially true for those who's main weakness was their lack of accuracy (rockets...). I understand it's more true to life, but having half a cavalry unit killed by two volleys of rockets is a bit much... While it does make the battle more epic, maybe 8 guns per unit would be a better balance...

On the subject of epicness, have you considered including a smoke mod or a blood mod? Having 400 infanty is great, but I miss the clouds of smoke the Empire smoke mod gave me...

Also, could you release a version of this as a mod file, so we can give Luntik's mod higher priority?

Quote Originally Posted by whynaut View Post
    First off, may I just say that this mod is incredible! However, I do find artillery to be a bit overpowered. Even using some the game-start 4 gun batteries, they still have nearly the highest kills... This is especially true for those who's main weakness was their lack of accuracy (rockets...). I understand it's more true to life, but having half a cavalry unit killed by two volleys of rockets is a bit much... While it does make the battle more epic, maybe 8 guns per unit would be a better balance...
    Hmm...I will have to start looking into this. Some love the larger artillery units, some don't.

I will have to find a way to 'compromise' the artillery for future releases.

Feedback logged and appreciated.

On the subject of epicness, have you considered including a smoke mod or a blood mod? Having 400 infanty is great, but I miss the clouds of smoke the Empire smoke mod gave me...
    Smoke is the same as vanilla NTW, I have not touched it. The smoke in NTW seemed to be much better than ETW, but I guess its a matter of taste.

However, I really don't think I will be including a smoke mod since some have already reported FPS/choppiness issues, and so further increasing the demand on graphics I really don't think would be a very good idea.

Also, could you release a version of this as a mod file, so we can give Luntik's mod higher prioriy?
    I have tried this. Some of the files in the current PFM, according to Erasmus, do not 'take' unless in the form of a movie pack. Changes to the units_stats_land and other files do take in patch or mod file types, but not others.

So keep all of my changes working, I must save the mod as a movie file.

As to Lutnik's mod, I am considering it, but again, I would of course first have to receive permission, which I haven't even asked for yet as I am not sure. I would have to test his mod out first and see if I like it for Total Combat.

The Line of Thor

joreto's Avatar Tiro

Just tested the new version and it is great One significant difference I noticed ( I am playing on VH/VH ) that now it is much easier to earn money in the campaign which have its pros and cons. Also have you touch the units formation, because I think its tighter now, which I have to say may decrease the fps at some systems ( I don't have problems with that but usualy the tighter formation is causing a fps drop) .
    &

Quote Originally Posted by joreto View Post
    Just tested the new version and it is great One significant difference I noticed ( I am playing on VH/VH ) that now it is much easier to earn money in the campaign which have its pros and cons. Also have you touch the units formation, because I think its tighter now, which I have to say may decrease the fps at some systems ( I don't have problems with that but usualy the tighter formation is causing a fps drop) .
    Glad you like it!

Yes, the player and the AI are intended to have more money at their disposal, which is necessary for larger, more numerous armies.

The tighter formations is a necessity for the Two Rank Fire. It is also helps to give the player more room during the deployment phase of the battle.

The Line of Thor

gord96's Avatar Domesticus

curious to know if anyone has gotten into the late game with this mod. even in vanilla once you get near 1810 some nations will have 10-15 full stacks. i can only imagine with this mod it could be even more. in my Austrian game France already has 4-5 stacks in 1806. Be interesting to see.

Nice work on the update!

curious to know if anyone has gotten into the late game with this mod. even in vanilla once you get near 1810 some nations will have 10-15 full stacks. i can only imagine with this mod it could be even more. in my Austrian game France already has 4-5 stacks in 1806. Be interesting to see.

Nice work on the update!
    Look like everything is in working order there Gord!

The Line of Thor