Thread: Custom naval (ship's crew) units

Default Custom naval (ship's crew) units

Hi all,

I'm trying to make custom ship's crews in NTW. Have some xp in ETW, though Napoleon is a bit more complex when it comes to models and skins.

Nevertheless, I was wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction with 2 things:

1. Where in the packed tables (or elsewhere) do I have to tell the game which unit models should be used in which ship/faction?
    2. Where are the generic crew models located? Is it possible to place land units aboard ships at all?*

This is sort of a follow-up to Sir Digby Chicken Caesar's beautiful Royal Navy crew mod:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...Naval-Crew-Mod

I'd like to extend something like this for the other "active" naval powers of the time, namely the French, Spanish, possibly Dutch.

*It seems Sir Digby Chicken Caesar managed to insert the land unit British Marines on the ship. Does anyone know how?

Any help appreciated, cheers,
    Black Serpent

Default Re: Custom naval (ship's crew) units

For example, I've made a historically accurate French captain (Capitain de vaisseau, grand tenue):

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CdV_final.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	223.1 KB 
ID:	342862

This is based on a land unit, and I'd like to know, if it's possible, how to tell the game to use this model as the ship's captain, for the French faction. Has anyone managed to do this before? My suspicion is that NTW might actually only use ETW-type models on ships...