Page 37 of 60 FirstFirst ... 12272829303132333435363738394041424344454647 ... LastLast

Thread: BETA V: NAPOLEON: TOTAL COMBAT v4.0 (with 20, 30 & 40 stack army support!) MASSIVE 250+ Units Update!

hip63's Avatar Give me some BASS!
    Patrician Artifex

Default Re: Napoleon: Total Combat, Thorized Version 4.0 - The Groovy Galaxy Edition

It's getting oh so close now!

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

NAPOLEON: TOTAL COMBAT: DEATH OR GLORY CAMPAIGNS!

Field armies with up to 40 units!

Death or Glory is a special mode of play that will be included in the upcoming NTC v4.0 Demo 1. This mode of game play allows for army stacks larger than the usual twenty units. You'll be able to command armies of up to 40 units instead! However due to hard-coded elements in the game, this mode of play can not be started like a normal campaign, instead it must loaded from a modified game save which will be provided for by the launcher system. All the theatres and major factions are supported!

NAPOLEON: TOTAL COMBAT will also feature compatiblity mode for NAPOLEON: TOTAL FACTIONS

http://www.moddb.com/mods/napoleon-total-combat

hip63
    Last edited by hip63; October 30, 2011 at 09:32 AM.

mennelik's Avatar Civis

Default Re: Napoleon: Total Combat, Thorized Version 2.1 (2.1B RELEASED)

hi i downloaded the aum file for your mod there where to files that i had to place but i wonder do i have to place other files to my ntw files because aum consists out of more than 2 files if i'm correct
    some cavalry stays on ultra seize at 60 also infantry stays at 160 is this normal
    greetz

Patrician Artifex

Default Re: Napoleon: Total Combat, Thorized Version 2.1 (2.1B RELEASED)

Quote Originally Posted by mennelik View Post
    hi i downloaded the aum file for your mod there where to files that i had to place but i wonder do i have to place other files to my ntw files because aum consists out of more than 2 files if i'm correct
    some cavalry stays on ultra seize at 60 also infantry stays at 160 is this normal
    greetz
    The version posted at the beginning of this thread is VERY out of date and doesn't work with the latest patches.

We are working on a VASTLY IMPROVED version which should be released in the coming days.

STAY TUNED!

hip63

Patrician Artifex

Icon10 Re: Napoleon: Total Combat, Thorized Version 4.0 - The Groovy Galaxy Edition

Last edited by hip63; October 08, 2011 at 12:00 AM.

Patrician Artifex

Default Re: Napoleon: Total Combat, Thorized Version 4.0 - The Groovy Galaxy Edition

The countdown to NTC v4.0 BETA I has begun!

hip63

Default Re: NAPOLEON: TOTAL COMBAT v4.0

It's released guys, please check the updated OP to download the latest version available!
    Thanks Hip.

Andre J. Jassoch's Avatar Decanus

HI ALL.

I have installed your fantastic looking mod started the game but as i have begun the death and glory 40 units campaign europe i get a crash everytime i try to load the save and also by starting a coalition campaign.I have deleted all the mods that i have but still the same.Any ideas please?

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Andre J. Jassoch View Post
    HI ALL.

I have installed your fantastic looking mod started the game but as i have begun the death and glory 40 units campaign europe i get a crash everytime i try to load the save and also by starting a coalition campaign.I have deleted all the mods that i have but still the same.Any ideas please?
    Which faction? What launcher options were changed?

Also make double sure any other mods are removed, especially extra units as there are none currently compatible with NTC.

And I'd have steam verify your NTW files too. It is unfortunate but I have seen some mods that overwrite vanllia files. (NTC does not)

hip63
    Last edited by hip63; July 02, 2012 at 08:23 PM.

Thanks for this quick answer.
    I have started for France but any other faction is crashing too.Reinstalling the game to be 100% sure.
    Hell,this must work!!!

Patrician Artifex

This morning I picked one at random, Europe, Prussia, 40 stacks and it worked fine at default launcher settings, you can try that as test.

I've got to get ready for work now so Ill be in and out for the next 10 hours or so...

hip63

w.wallace61's Avatar Civis

40 stacks What da hell That was my dream all the time when started playing TW series.. Buying a NTW now...Congrrats on the mod MAte

And now to Waaaarrrr

Huberto's Avatar Praepositus

This looks great! Going to download and give it a whirl this weekend.

GeneralL's Avatar Ducenarius

are there any mods compatible with this ?
    Invictus I Victoria

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralL View Post
    are there any mods compatible with this ?
    Probably, but there are some that are definitely not.

NTC will not work with other MAJOR mods like EIC, NTW3, ect...

Any extra units made by others are not currently compatible with NTC. Any extra units out there will have to be adapted to NTC standards before they can be used. And I certainly hope somebody out there will being willing to adapt them.

Just to let all know, some vanilla units have been unlocked for other factions so there is some cross pollination going on.

Most graphic only mods will probably work.

Many game tweaking mods may have issues as they may have db tables that conflict NTC.

But please make sure you have a working install of NTC BEFORE adding anything else to make troubleshooting easier.

And I just add this to the fist post:

Tips for a smoother NTC experience:

Before installing NTC, make sure you have removed any other mods. This especially important for added units. Right now, no user made units are compatible with NTC. NTC has it own tables for units so any added units will have to be adapted to NTC standards. Also there many other mods that could interfer with NTC. So make sure you have NTC full working without other mods before attempting to add anything else.

You should also have STEAM verfiy the NTW files to make sure any previously installed mods have not overwritten an vanilla files.

NTC -MUST- be installed with administrative rights (i.e. - run as administrator)

The NTC Launcher -MUST- also be run with administrative rights as well to insure smooth operation.

Make sure Steam is already running before starting NTC.

Lastly, NTC will NOT work well with 'illict' (i.e. - pirated) copies of the game. Don't tell me it's a "boxed copy". All legal copies of NTW come with steam, period. No exceptions! The retail discs sold in stores come with steam too. So again, don't tell me that you have a "boxed" copy that came without steam, that's utter BS!

hip63
    Last edited by hip63; September 29, 2011 at 09:21 AM.

Patrician Artifex

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

hip63

ToonTotalWar's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

Looking good hip!!! hopefully will get to play in the next millenium!!!! am so darn busy!

Leoben's Avatar Decanus

Some questions:

- WHich BAI and CAI do you use? There's a new and recent UAI, do you use it.
    - Do you plan to use L'aigle skins for France in later releases? Those are probably the best skins for the French army and he also did some for the british I think.
    - Can the spies assassinate generals? It was pretty unrealistic in vanilla how every general was getting killed by spies.
    - Have you removed the (s)pikes, the one used by light infantry? They're not too realistic either.

Anyway, this mod looks interesting as it allow customisation (for instance I can turn off the grenades for grenadiers which weren't used at the time), I will test it asap. Thanks for all your efforts.

Patrician Artifex

1. - Thoragoros' AI is at work here but it does use the latest formations by THK (a selectable option in the launcher)
    2. - I dunno, maybe, got a link?
    3. - no changes there yet, but maybe
    4. - no, not a this time

hip63
    Last edited by hip63; September 29, 2011 at 12:42 PM.

Leoben's Avatar Decanus

Agree.Laigles skins are the absolute TOP.Would be fine if he agree with this.