Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nividia Drivers...

Default Nividia Drivers...

Has anyone tested the New Nvidia Drivers...

We all had to roll em back for ETW... (lost cities and missing items) but I have yet to see if anyone has tired it out nor have heard A SCRAP OF aknowledgement from CA about the issue. With BC2 and other new games coming out, I'd like to update...

Default Re: Nividia Drivers...

Nvidia 8800 with latest drivers and no unique bug so far, only trouble Ive had is the no faction colour bug...

Shoot coward! You are only going to kill a man!

"faction color bug", was is that?

Uhm its not really faction colour, but all the uniforms just go white, not the faces and hats and such but evryones uniform, even stuff with geen uniforms go white, its bearable on a snow map as you can just pretend they put on winter camo, but in summer it looks quite bad...

Shoot coward! You are only going to kill a man!

Shabby_Ronin's Avatar Primicerius

I'm using the newest ones, they seem the same or slightly better than the last version. No bugs that I've seen.

I was having problems yesterday, but i don't know if it had anything to do with the drivers, I ended up having to flash my motherboard with the newest bios because of system freezes. I don't know if it was the card or my core voltages were the cause, but after a flash everything was fine and I was able to lower my voltages.

Everything is fine now, I just wanted to qualify that because I don't want you yelling at me if you get them and end up on the floor for 3 hours fixing your computer
    Last edited by Shabby_Ronin; March 04, 2010 at 03:39 PM.
    "...I'll look for something else. We're surrounded by water. Why are we eating knob?"

Crazy_Ivan88's Avatar Laetus

I had the same issue with ETW, and can confirm that NTW runs fine on the latest Nvidia drivers, at least for me. I've had the issue with the white uniforms once, but it dissapeared when I restarted the game.

I don't think the white uniform thing is really an issue with the drivers, because I had it with earlier ones as well and got the white uniforms. It's not really a big deal and only happens seldom anyway...

Hardrada992's Avatar Decanus

I am using the latest drivers and am getting bland textures. I posted a picture in the bug thread. The graphics look this way on both ultra and high, and in fact actually look a little better on high I think. I use a GTX 260.

Quote Originally Posted by DoomBunny666 View Post
    Nvidia 8800 with latest drivers and no unique bug so far, only trouble Ive had is the no faction colour bug...
    Nvidia 8800 GT here also, Windows 7. Only glitches I've got so far are blue screens, but only when I have everything set to Ultra.

JayMac's Avatar Civis

How do I tell what my driver is?

Quote Originally Posted by JayMac View Post
    How do I tell what my driver is?
    Right click desktop - NVIDIA Control Panel - Help - System Information. Look at the details box.

JayMac's Avatar Civis

Thank you, +Rep, I have a 8500, how do I uprgade? is that something I download?

There was a thread on the official tech support forum that basically said to get the latest drivers. I had a couple problems before I updated and now I haven't had any.
    And if you are looking to upgrade your drivers just go to Nvidia's web site and click Download drivers. Pretty easy from there.

Well I had problems like lags with the precedent Driver , now I installed this last one , I dont Have any lags but it crashed in the first battle , hope it will not happen again ....
    Last edited by Lord Willy; March 05, 2010 at 05:37 AM.

Leoben's Avatar Decanus

From Nvidia official forums, seems like the latest drivers have a bug where the speed of the fans does not change when the graphic card is working intensively, leading to crashes and even to some users saying that their GC is dead. I raised the speed of my fans with RivaTuner, hope it'll prevent such a thing. Nvidia already said that a quickfix will be available soon.

They're talking about it here: http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?s...=161391&st=100

Edit: it seems that the safe solution is to go back to the 196.21 drivers.
    Last edited by Leoben; March 05, 2010 at 05:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Leoben View Post
    From Nvidia official forums, seems like the latest drivers have a bug where the speed of the fans does not change when the graphic card is working intensively, leading to crashes and even to some users saying that their GC is dead. I raised the speed of my fans with RivaTuner, hope it'll prevent such a thing. Nvidia already said that a quickfix will be available soon.

They're talking about it here: http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?s...=161391&st=100

Edit: it seems that the safe solution is to go back to the 196.21 drivers.
    yeah , I have A friend , that his GC with the new drier is dead ...

Yes, definitely be careful with those new drivers until they get a fix out for it. There have been many posts on tech forums from people saying that their GC's have been bricked due to overheating from using the new drivers.
    ...and leave your dog outside, Heaven goes by favor.
    If it went by merit, you would stay out, and the dog would go in.

--Mark Twain

yikes... thanks for the imput!

Turbo's Avatar Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by Ragga View Post
    Has anyone tested the New Nvidia Drivers...

We all had to roll em back for ETW... (lost cities and missing items) but I have yet to see if anyone has tired it out nor have heard A SCRAP OF aknowledgement from CA about the issue. With BC2 and other new games coming out, I'd like to update...
    There are a lot of reports of graphical issues and CTD's with the GTX cards. NTW does not seem to have thoses issues which makes me think that it was CA's poor coding with Empire that caused this mess.
    Work of God

karamazovmm's Avatar スマトラ警備隊

turbo nvidia are giving us the same headaches, and new ones, both companies develop bad drivers, but the ''competition'' is worse

The very ugly forgive, but beauty is essential - Vinicius de Moraes

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast