Thread: Question about the effects of stats

Stinkfloyd's Avatar Tiro

Default Question about the effects of stats

I've been trying to balance the unit stats so that not so many people die and the units are more likely to rout earlier. This is the way it was in real life and I want to simulate that.

I want to know how much changes in morale affect the time it takes to rout. It seems to me that any morale above about 3 and the unit sticks around forever.

Are the effects of morale absolute or relative. I mean if a unit with 10 morale attacks the same type unit with 3 morale does the 3 morale unit rout quicker than if it was attacked by a 5 morale unit?

I know it has more to do with how many soldiers the individual units loose and that is a function of each units attack and defense stats. In essence what type of effect and how much of an effect does the morale stat have.

How much do changes in attack and defense stats affect death ratio? All other variables being equal if I change a melee attack stat from a 4 to a 6 how much different in terms of death count is that than going from a 4 to a 16? Does a 4 attack kill twice as many soldiers as a 2 attack and so on?

Thanks for any help.

Default Re: Question about the effects of stats

Good project.

This has always been a pet peeve of mine as well.

If you do not care to do all that work yourself, you can check out the NTW iteration of Imperial Splendour when we release, which will have many such changes.

OR you can look into the _kv_morale table, which is where you will find most of your answers.
    Every day takes figuring out all over again how to live.

Stinkfloyd's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: Question about the effects of stats

Thank you very much for your help. I will run a few tests and seek the answers I need in that file.

*Just checked out the kv_morale file and it answers a lot. It also opens up more questions.
    Last edited by Stinkfloyd; March 04, 2010 at 05:25 PM.