Thread: "Failed to Join the Selected Game"

Indefinitely Banned

Default "Failed to Join the Selected Game"

So, having finally received a retail copy so that I could review the multiplayer aspect, I find myself unable to join any campaign games? I simply get a "Failed to join selected game" error. Sometimes a "Game Full" is attatched to the end... I did manage to get in one, but then was dropped almost immediatly.

I HAVE managed to play some simple skirmishes against people, as well as a drop-in - seems its only the campaigns I'm having issues with.

Any know what might be causing it? I tried hosting a couple once, but no one joined...

Default Re: "Failed to Join the Selected Game"

Hello Ibram, are you running the latest STEAM UI Beta? If so, you'll have to opt-out in order to join MP campaign games.

Indefinitely Banned

Nope, not running the Beta. I gathered that was connected to the issue somehow, but from what I've read it shouldn't apply to me?

Past few minutes I've also been getting "No response from host" whenver I try to join a game as well.

you ought to get used to those messages friend, or look at changing out hardware...
    He who travels in search of knowledge, walks in the path of god. -Muhammad

Indefinitely Banned

I have pretty good hardware though. I built this rig myself and used just off top of the range stuff... maybe it's my router? But then I can play other games online fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Ibram View Post
    I have pretty good hardware though. I built this rig myself and used just off top of the range stuff... maybe it's my router? But then I can play other games online fine.
    in ETW not having the right router or modem would cause this yes, even though there was nothing wrong with the hardware and as you said people could do everything else without issue.

apparently this time this may be alleviated by switching your user interface. that sounds preferable to buying new hardware anyway.
    He who travels in search of knowledge, walks in the path of god. -Muhammad

A new router....
    Maybe I buy a new/better one.

Bobby the Huntsman's Avatar Civis

Hamachi, google it.

i have the same poroblem and i can't do anything cand someone give and advice?

Often it's a problem with the server itself. Sometimes games that are no longer hosted for some reason stay on the game list so you get wierd anomolies such as two or three games listed with the same host. Only one of them is live. I've had this myself - having failed to host a 3v3 i tried looking for other games only to see my own game still listed. If this happens at quite times when there are few games open you may find it looks like none of the games are free.

Civis

You have to have certain routers. Which pisses me off.