Thread: MPC game "full" when it's not full

Primicerius

Default MPC game "full" when it's not full

Several times, when I host a password protected MPC game, my friends cannot join. They say, they get message "game full". At the same time, I can join if THEY host a game. For a moment, I thought there was a problem with my install. However, a day later I hosted another game and a DIFFERENT friend could join. Just for the heck of it I hosted another game and asked one of the friends from the first evening to join. They could not. "Game full" message popped up again for them. I reverted back to the friend who could join. He still could.

Weird. Anybody else seen this? Any solution to this problem?

p.s. If anybody asks: I run a non-modified version of NTW.

Default Re: MPC game "full" when it's not full

Hello, the issue is caused by the latest STEAM UI Beta; players who are currently using it will be unable to join an MPC Game (thanks for the clarification, Slaists). The only solution so far is to opt out of the beta.
    Last edited by Antissa; March 04, 2010 at 09:09 AM.

Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Prisca View Post
    Hello, the issue is caused by the latest STEAM UI Beta, players who are currently using it will be unable to join/host an MPC Game.
    I suspected this. Actually, I am not running the beta user interface. The players who could not join were running it. However, when they hosted the game I could join them. So, it seems, the ones who have the beta cannot join, but can host.

Thanks for the reply.

Libertus

I had this problem too. I think the thread should be stickied.