Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Improved War mod.New version after patch.8.1 Today 17 july.

pajomife's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: Improved War mod.(Fire by rank in campaing,long ranges,longer battles,no kill fest)

Quote Originally Posted by Leatherneck918 View Post
    Did you try a new game or started a save, do to it might not be save friendly... Just asking..
    When you use a mod you should start a new game,I just start a new Egyptian campaign,and besides the blood and the longer range,things that I could confirm in the first campaign battle,the Fire by rank is enable,I t play a battle after finish the fire and advance drill research in a university and I get the fire by rank one.(note the FBR replace thefire and advance.

Default Re: Improved War mod.(Blood,Fire by rank in campaing,long ranges,longer battles,no kill fest)

hey man thanks if it fixed it havent tryed but how do u delete if u dont want it no more?

Default Re: Improved War mod.(Blood,Fire by rank in campaing,long ranges,longer battles,no kill fest)

still didnt work how u change ac i would 2 change it a bit

Battlerager's Avatar Civis

Default Re: Improved Gameplay mod.

Quote Originally Posted by Higgings View Post
    A queik one.
    Now you have made the battles last longer, have you then given the infantry more ammo ?
    I like the idear of your mod, so might give it try
    I think this got scanned over...

...longer battles will require increased ammunition for the troops. Otherwise they be throwing rocks!

Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Rothgar View Post
    How do I know if three ranks fire is working? I don't see it happening in custom battles.
    You cant see it, look closly. First line shoot,then crouch, second line stand up,shoot then crouch, third line stand up, shoot and then again crouch, then first line again. Btw battles don't last long, because anyway enemy uses fire and advance, they don't use very long Rank fire.

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceHamster View Post
    I think this got scanned over...

...longer battles will require increased ammunition for the troops. Otherwise they be throwing rocks!
    Not so long,just about more 20-30%. They have a good amount of munitions ,only the horse shooters finish their munitions before the end. And you have bayonets. But it never happens to me until now.

OK, sound great, I just was a bit worried, as in vanila I have run dry now and then, so thourgt it would be all the time in this mod, had it not been change to
    Dl as we speak.
    Higgings.

Used it in a save game....and as far as I can see everything works just fine......

Fire by rank, longer reach for units, slower movement (not sure, but probably).....althoguh I am not sure if fire by rank will make it even easier to crush AI now???????

No.In the coligation campaign AI will have that drill to, in the Italian one ,as you cant get the drill you dont have any advantage,but in the middle east you have,...but...as I note when fight against a english landing force,scripted for sure,you will get out of ammo first.Its a handicap. I, with more forces, have a Pyrric victory.

Parabéns meu,tá um espetáculo. In english, I love it ,all the things I like you have it in your mod, the blood and the range. I use the big units to, and as you said the battles are bigger and takes much more time,but for those people who use 400 soldiers as I do,we have to set 60 minutes or no limit. And add more bullets. Congratulations , very good mod. E vivó Glorioso. Força.

Quote Originally Posted by metenojo View Post
    Parabéns meu,tá um espetáculo. In english, I love it ,all the things I like you have it in your mod, the blood and the range. I use the big units to, and as you said the battles are bigger and takes much more time,but for those people who use 400 soldiers as I do,we have to set 60 minutes or no limit. And add more bullets. Congratulations , very good mod. E vivó Glorioso. Força.
    Brigado. I'm happy you like,about the ammo,I will tell how,its easy.

Quote Originally Posted by pajomife@iol.pt View Post
    Brigado. I'm happy you like,about the ammo,I will tell how,its easy.
    Im waiting:
    Edited:Sorry I don't see the PM,but I dont like mess with files.

Im in the country right now ,but I will add more stuff, and, at least you, tell me about any issue or about any thing that should be changed or added.

Do I still need to download the blood mod and Tyrant Combat & Gameplay Overhaul and then install this one? Or do I just dowload and install this one mod?

Sorry cos I'm a newbie!

No you dont ,my mod have those mods stuff ,you just put my file ,unrar first , in Napoleon Data. Im just giving the credits for use their work. I hope you enjoy , and give some feedback , even negative, if you dont like.

Piros's Avatar Libertus

hi, thanks the mod but some changes but some change you they would be OK

-The precicion of the line infantry is the same that that of the chausser. The chausser would have to have more but less than the voltieurs.

-The ammunition is scanty on having increased the units to 400, with a few unloads you remain without ammunition. And it is not roya, the battles lasted hours and enclosedly days. Certain that were remaining without ammunition some units but to 10 unloads

Pope Gregorius I's Avatar Ducenarius

thing is though, in the Italian campaign there are no schools, so in that one you are stuck...i mean with FBR....not sure if light infantry firing by rank is necessarily appropriate...but whatever...
    Last edited by Pope Gregorius I; March 06, 2010 at 06:20 PM.
    "Have mercy on me, O God, according to Thy great compassion. Your delight is not in horses, nor Your pleasure in warriors strength..."

Is it possible to have only a mod for 3 ranks fire?

Yes, you have various mods only for fire drills.

Alkarin's Avatar Praepositus

does this mod work with units like the Moscow musketeers? so if i get a mod that adds them to campaign they wont be ridiculously over powered?

Quote Originally Posted by Piros View Post
    hi, thanks the mod but some changes but some change you they would be OK

-The precicion of the line infantry is the same that that of the chausser. The chausser would have to have more but less than the voltieurs.

-The ammunition is scanty on having increased the units to 400, with a few unloads you remain without ammunition. And it is not roya, the battles lasted hours and enclosedly days. Certain that were remaining without ammunition some units but to 10 unloads
    the common infantryman of the time period had 60 rounds each, so i agree
    Last edited by Alkarin; March 08, 2010 at 07:57 PM.
    You look great today.