Page 3 of 175 FirstFirst 123456789101112132853103 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback & Discussion] Napoleon Empire Realism

Default Re: Napoleon Empire Realism Mod

All the mod in "pack" file seem running no needing the script in user.script file

yes, because they are movies type. I will do some testing to find out how we could use normal mod type instead together with user.script. I know it adds one additional step for users, but its more safer way especially if CA release some patches or so...

Hmm, from what ive seen in some battles the units behind that also fire now seem to be killing the people in front of them, ill have another few battles to see if this the case, not entirely sure yet.

if it is true,then i couldn't be more happy... because it is absolutely realistic...It was one for the reason why British preferred double line over three ranks - it was extremely hard in the heat of battle control the third rank troops to not fire at enemy. practically 1/4 of all casualties taken during the firefight were friendly fire casualties done by soldiers behind who shoot their colleagues in first rank.

So if I have a unit 4 ranks deep...will only the first 2 ranks fire in your mod? Will they fire sporadically like vanilla or robotically like in ETW?
    In God we trust...everyone else gets searched.

Thank you JaM!
    I love you!

mikeCK: all four ranks will try to fire, first two will fire reliably, third and fourth only seldomly if they have LOS.. they will fire at will, soldeirs will not wait for others if they have reloaded or not... Imagine sporadical fire coming from entire unit... it looks quite good in NTW...

I'm testing hard the mod and I can state the work you did about adjusting firing drill and balancing muskets lethality according to range is really, really good. Compliments!

it wasnt that hard.. we had similar setup for ETW Empire Realism mod... we spend quite a lot of time polishing those settings... DaVinci could tell...

Quote Originally Posted by JaM View Post
    yep, 50% accuracy range was decreased from 70 (in vanilla) to 40 in NER. Also all units got less accuracy,but more ammo. Also dispersion was increased from vanilla 1 to NER 5.

(this is actually based on real data - during a tests of 18-19 century muskets, standard muskets that were used during Napoleonic wars had dispersion 4-5m from center at 100m. when aimed at target with size of standing soldier, they were able to achieve 50% hits at 40-50m distance. (again, with fixed musket, not fired by somebody..)
    Tanks for the answer jaM. This mod makes Napoleon a whole new game. Perfect I also hate those stakes the BAi units just plant them anywhere.

excellent, excellent work man.

This is what I've been waiting for since I had my first battle (last Thursday, how impatient we all are lol), look forward to more updates!
    "There was a time when I searched for steel, when steel meant more to me then gold or jewels"
    -Thulsa Doom

if it is true,then i couldn't be more happy... because it is absolutely realistic...It was one for the reason why British preferred double line over three ranks - it was extremely hard in the heat of battle control the third rank troops to not fire at enemy. practically 1/4 of all casualties taken during the firefight were friendly fire casualties done by soldiers behind who shoot their colleagues in first rank.
    No i think you misunderstood me, in double lines sometimes even the 2nd line will kill men in the first line, this seems to be a bit unrealistic, how do you shoot someone right in front of you by accident?
    As i said before though, im not completely sure if this is happening often or i might have mistaken it for something else so ill play more battles and see.

JaM:Just tried. Generally speaking, perfect! Nearly my ideal fire drill for napoleonic era (Would be better if it is mass fire instead of volley fire)
    A little problem: When using this MOD my game was not running as smoothly as before. Has anyone else encountered this?

not sure, i didn't had issues so far, but it might be caused by more flashes from muskets as now almost every soldeir actually fire,not just stands there... try decreasing particle details or you can use different campaign unit multiplier value. with 1.5 instead of 2 Line Infantry unit will have 240 men which is still enough

not sure, i didn't had issues so far, but it might be caused by more flashes from muskets as now almost every soldeir actually fire,not just stands there... try decreasing particle details or you can use different campaign unit multiplier value. with 1.5 instead of 2 Line Infantry unit will have 240 men which is still enough
    Decreasing particle details, how? I didn't see that in the game graphic options. This is mostly likely the reason, though.
    I prefer large scale batttes. My original multiplier value was 2.5. That's 400 men

Have any of you guys who have increased your unit numbers x2 notice that the AI has difficulty moving around? I use 1.2 which raises infantry from 160 to 192. I have not noticed a difference but there was an issue when Darth first did it and units approached the 300 size.
    In God we trust...everyone else gets searched.

hmm, then thats why i only use multiplier 2,but it depends on graphic card how much men you can have... anyway, that multiplier is an elegant way how to adjust troops number to your computer, plus it wont affect anything - for example in ETW if you multiplied Troops number, then you got too many men in arty battery and they refused to move with arty, so they just stood in original position until you unlimbered. then they run across the battlefield to new position, but ofcourse, arty didnt fire until they joined... very anoying bug... i'm quite happy it is not present in NTW...

mikeCK: looks like CA fixed that in NTW... i didnt witnessed it, and i have 320men per unit.. (multiplier x2)

Quote Originally Posted by mikeCK View Post
    Have any of you guys who have increased your unit numbers x2 notice that the AI has difficulty moving around? I use 1.2 which raises infantry from 160 to 192. I have not noticed a difference but there was an issue when Darth first did it and units approached the 300 size.
    I use 1.25 that gives 200 line infantry and ive had no problems. There’s a lot of gunfire with this mod and therefore more smoke but it all looks fantastic and much better than vanilla

Just being playing amazing battles with this mod & multiplier x2 armies.Gigging like a little girl throughout.Awesome!
    Really feels much more Napoleonic.Thanks again