Thread: Question about religion "nonconformist"

Default Question about religion "nonconformist"

Hey!

So I was edditing the startpos for my submod and it just hitt me, the religion(or shuld i say no religion) "nonconformis" is a religion I have never actualy seen on the map and as no faction have that as state religion it cant exist, right me if im wrong? Pretty mutch the same goes for Buddhism altho they are existent from the start of the game.

As far as I know religion can only be spread with preasts(might be wrong on this one?) and as a faction can only spread 1 religion(state religion).

And a third question, do anybody know if there is any preasts for Buddhism and Nonconformist? Or mabe CA left them out as no faction actualy have that as state religion?

(not a question about the mod I know but still, just whanted to ask the best modders out there )

MatrixStorm's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Question about religion "nonconformist"

You can only spread your religion by sending priests/imams to other cities.
    These priest will convert the population by preaching the word of their believe.
    However, this goes very slowly (around 1.5% per turn for a good priest/imam) and priest can die.
    You can also build churches or musks.
    These convert the population in that region bu 0.2-0.5% (?) each turn, but buildings can't die and give a happiness bonus to the polulation of that believe.

For as far as I know, nonconformists are protestants, so are counted in that religion.
    And There were proballly as good as no Buddhists in that time (in Europe and America at least).
    They are probally counted as Animists due to their believe in spirits or shintos in Japanese.
    So if you see some Animists in an Indian village, it are Buddhists.

Quote Originally Posted by MatrixStorm View Post
    You can only spread your religion by sending priests/imams to other cities.
    These priest will convert the population by preaching the word of their believe.
    However, this goes very slowly (around 1.5% per turn for a good priest/imam) and priest can die.
    You can also build churches or musks.
    These convert the population in that region bu 0.2-0.5% (?) each turn, but buildings can't die and give a happiness bonus to the polulation of that believe.
    Ah cool thanks, already knew this(or atleast thaught I knew). But thanks for confirming!

Quote Originally Posted by MatrixStorm View Post
    For as far as I know, nonconformists are protestants, so are counted in that religion.
    And There were proballly as good as no Buddhists in that time (in Europe and America at least).
    They are probally counted as Animists due to their believe in spirits or shintos in Japanese.
    So if you see some Animists in an Indian village, it are Buddhists.
    No, there are buddhists at start in the Indian theater som in these regions= Goa, Kashmir and the Shik region. Might have missed one.
    I did some experimenting, Changed the religions of region "sweden" made all(9) religions pressens in the region And Nonconformist shows as there own religion as I sett the region to be 10% Nonconformist and 20% Protestant (the rest got 10% eatch) Symbol for Nonconformist is 2 hands that looks like they are praying.

Any one know if there is a unit(priest/Imam) for Bhuddism and Nonconformist tho? Mabe laying around in some gamefile? Im not realy shor how to change a whole factions state religion so Il try to see if I can change (random factions religion into Nonconformist and Bhuddism to se if they have there own missionaries=priest/imams).

///3inar
    Last edited by Erik3E; March 03, 2010 at 09:09 PM.

MatrixStorm's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Erik3E View Post
    Ah cool thanks, already knew this(or atleast thaught I knew). But thanks for confirming!

No, there are buddhists at start in the Indian theater som in these regions= Goa, Kashmir and the Shik region. Might have missed one.
    I did some experimenting, Changed the religions of region "sweden" made all(9) religions pressens in the region And Nonconformist shows as there own religion as I sett the region to be 10% Nonconformist and 20% Protestant (the rest got 10% eatch) Symbol for Nonconformist is 2 hands that looks like they are praying.

Any one know if there is a unit(priest/Imam) for Bhuddism and Nonconformist tho? Mabe laying around in some gamefile? Im not realy shor how to change a whole factions state religion so Il try to see if I can change (random factions religion into Nonconformist and Bhuddism to se if they have there own missionaries=priest/imams).

///3inar
    Yep, I sure missed those!

it is humor, it was intended to great britain in some campaign due to their reputation

Quote Originally Posted by A321A321 View Post
    it is humor, it was intended to great britain in some campaign due to their reputation
    How do you know?

ah we will never know for sure, maybe just an easter egg