Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help required with Isengard.

+Mr.Crow+'s Avatar VIVERE MILITARE EST

Default Help required with Isengard.

can anyone say my a usefull strategies to win battle agains rhoan using isengard?...i suffer too much the isengard cavalery inferiority......the new IA is much stronger than it had be in the past...

PS:i talk about a militay strategies...not economical and not about campain menagement...
    Last edited by +Mr.Crow+; March 03, 2010 at 02:03 PM.
    BELLUM CRUCIS 7.0 Co-Director
    PERSONAL PROJECTS: CSUR || WARWAGON

Quote Originally Posted by Cyprian2 View Post
    As far as I'm concerned, you've done something that CA should have thought of a long time ago. You should be on their pay-roll!

Orson's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: help reqiret whit isengard

You may need to re-word what you just said, unless you have trouble with english. I don't mean to be rude i just cant understand a thing
    After Monday an Tuesday, Even the calendar was like WTF

Raiven's Avatar Ducenarius

Default Re: help reqiret whit isengard

Wait for army upgrades, heavy pikes are very effective when mixed with crosbows and uruk-hai infantry

Default Re: Help required with Isengard.

Well, in early and even midgame your best (especially anti-cavalry) unit is Dunlendings, so you must recruit all of them. And when ever it's possible. Dunlendings should form backbone of your army. The 2nd most important unit is Snagas. They are cheap, fast to produce and show good performance in battle if massed. Combined with Dunlendings and led by skilled general they will not break even if outnumbered. The Uruks, on other hand, are good-looking but usless (as every good-looking thing) compared to Dunlendings or Snagas. Exceptions are only Uruk pikes and Uruk archers. Your best of the best ar Orthanc guards - but be cereful - they are expensive.

PS Don't ever try to battle cavalry with wargs - you will definetely loose. Wargs are only good for killing the routing enemy.

"If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear." George Orwell

like stated befor definately use dunlendings...very good against calvary and than use snagas....they are very good as fodder for calvary charges...plus they can loose a volley of spears so therefor they weaken calvary...take the hit of the charge....weaken calvary before they rout..(they will rout) than bring in your dunlendings to either flank the calvary or support the snagas..

meanwhile your archer snagas or whatever you have are focused on shooting the general...eventually the general will fall or loose enough of his troops so when they join the fight they are easily felled.

this is a really good way to start off your campain. snagas are really good at swarming the units..they play there part while your better troops wait and let the snagas tire and thin the enemy. like previously stated...snagas are cheap and really easy to recruit.

also use reavers when you get them available...just DONT LET THEM TAKE THE BULK OF A CHARGE. otherwise they SLAUGHTER calvary...

hope this helps.

Just tell us what units you can recruit, so we can adapt our advice on them. Early units need much more defensive tactics than late units. But in general, in open battle form a Π with a strong, long front line and two units on the sides, with missile infnatry behind the first line and then a unit behind the archers to counter cavalry manoeuvres. You can't do more than stay in a place and fight, since their superior mobility won't allow you many more options.
    Commander, the time has come.

Execute Order 66.

+Mr.Crow+'s Avatar VIVERE MILITARE EST

thx a lot to all...i will try to do what you have suggested to me...
    BELLUM CRUCIS 7.0 Co-Director
    PERSONAL PROJECTS: CSUR || WARWAGON

Quote Originally Posted by Cyprian2 View Post
    As far as I'm concerned, you've done something that CA should have thought of a long time ago. You should be on their pay-roll!

If I had to suggest just one thing, bridges/rivers. Even snagas will jack up a bunch of horses bottlenecked crossing a river or a bridge. Plus cavalry never runs across it seems, they always walk. Thin them out, then the charge either never happens or its not as bad when it does.

Quote Originally Posted by tallstark View Post
    If I had to suggest just one thing, bridges/rivers. Even snagas will jack up a bunch of horses bottlenecked crossing a river or a bridge. Plus cavalry never runs across it seems, they always walk. Thin them out, then the charge either never happens or its not as bad when it does.

That's right. Use the bridges of the river Isen to do this, mainly the bridge between Foldburg and Gineard.

Execute Order 66.

Use Snagas to weaken them. Turn of the skirmish and let Rohan charge into the snagas- Then, when the cavalry is pinned down, you send in your AP or Pike units. Victory!

Playing with Isengard VH. Can someone help me again Eriador and Hight elfs? I cant win against endless masses of hobbit archer and elfs archers. My only cav unit is the warg (and i dont get enougt of them from Isengard), my archers are crap, and my infantry, well, is just infantry...

Beregond's Avatar TWC boomer

What about a city fight strategy for Isengard?
    I have never played Isengard but given they have good infantry it seems like a good idea

Baron Samedi's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Beregond View Post
    I have never played Isengard but given they have good infantry it seems like a good idea
    Good idea indeed; send some pikemen in front of the gate and witness the massacre.
    Under the patronage of MasterBigAb

let me tell you something:

why would you want to pit Warg Riders vs Rohan?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean=A=Luc View Post
    What the hell is wrong with you people?

Quote Originally Posted by eugenioso View Post
    let me tell you something:

why would you want to pit Warg Riders vs Rohan?
    To pin down and kill archers; To flank infantry and to frighten and flank cavalry once they are stuck in some of your infantry units.

Quote Originally Posted by Beregond View Post

If I understand correctly what you're saying, city fight strategy is risky with Isengard. Capturing and holding a city in Rohan is difficult, because:
    -Rohan has more armies and larger numbers.
    -Cities have one wall, and your casualties are higher
    -you can't recruit or retrain for a critical number of terms due to culture.

So it's better to go straight for Helm's Deep where you'll have much smaller casualties and will be able to hold until the settlement has enough FoM culture percentage. In the same time, dispatching raiding parties via Fangorn and Gineard to ruin peripheral Rohan settlements is a key strategy to victory against Rohan. Unfortunately, the financial situation will not leave the player to recruit Isengard's best units until much later. Some times a short peace with Rohan helps to upgrade your buildings and your army and win afterwards.

Execute Order 66.

No, he meant that since Rohan uses mostly cavalry, which is quite useless in city battles, and isengard has some good infantry units, someone should try not to fight any battles in the open but mostly sieges.

Quote Originally Posted by Lordinquisitor View Post
    No, he meant that since Rohan uses mostly cavalry, which is quite useless in city battles, and isengard has some good infantry units, someone should try not to fight any battles in the open but mostly sieges.

Ahhhh, with that I perfectly agree! However, choose Fortress sieges

Execute Order 66.

I had serious troubles with Isengard against the High Elves and their archer spam. Chasing down light elven archers with Uruk Hai is not fun

That said once they catch them its a slaughter.

Have to say that HE have no weaknesses though. Their cavalry is great, especially bodyguards who almost never die, archers are obviously phenomenal, and even their light infantry can give you problems.

Oh their weakness is quite serious: Their numbers and their costs and the lack of Armour Piercing units. While the a.i will get free units and money you`ll still outnumber them often.

There`s a really simple way to kill them: Charge their archers with wargs, pin down their cavalry with cheap troops and finish them with pikes or cleavers. And don`t forget that elves trust more on their "defence skill" than on their armour- So javelins or arrows are also very effective against them. It`s quite easy to win heroic victories against the elves.

You also should remember that archers always only attack the first unit that comes into their range.. So you should send your snagas forward- They cost almost nothing and can soak up those arrows.
    Last edited by Lordinquisitor; March 08, 2010 at 10:58 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast