Thread: Anyone ever been to the Reichstag in Berlin?

The Dude's Avatar Praeses
    I hate it when forums display your location. Now I have to be original.

Default Anyone ever been to the Reichstag in Berlin?

As opposed to the one in Novosibirsk 8D

No, but seriously. I'm going to Berlin next week with college and me and a pal are supposed to plan tuesday's activitities at the Reichstag. As it turns out, the building's dome, which I would say is it's main attraction, is closed from 8 to 12 march. Awesome, because that's precisely the time we're staying there.

So, what can we do? We've figured out that we can do a guided tour of the building but quite frankly I feel that's a cheap fix. Has anyone ever been there and if so, is there anything you could recommend for us to do -without- having to rely on tourguides and and other guided/planned stuff? Obviously the Dome being closed is a major disappointment but hopefully there's some way to work around that.

Cheers.
    I have approximate answers and possible beliefs, and different degrees of certainty about different things, but I’m not absolutely sure of anything, and many things I don’t know anything about. But I don’t have to know an answer. I don’t feel frightened by not knowing.
    - Richard Feynman's words. My atheism.

Default Re: Anyone ever been to the Reichstag in Berlin?

I've been to Berlin last summer and have seen the Reichstag, but I didn't go inside. The lines waiting were a bit too big. That said, if you really want to go I'd recommend going to the tourist office in the central railway station, people there were very helpful with info for places like the Reichstag.
    Every time you :wub:, god kills another kitten.
    If you're gonna hire Machete to kill the bad guy, you better make damn sure the bad guy isn't YOU!

'I understand, and I take the light into my soul. I will become the spear of Khaine. Lightning flashes, blood falls, death pierces the darkness.' , Dhrykna.

Comes Limitis

Reichstag is boring anyway.

Try reading this website. It has most events and parties listed day by day with addresses and phone-numbers and is continually updated. This is the online-version of a yellowpages style event/party magazine you can find in any decent bar as well btw. Just ask the bar-tender for Tip.

It helped me allot when not having a clue what to do on the weekends or any day of the week. Its a really vibrant city but you need to know where and when the goes down, otherwise the sheer size and the decentralized character of the city can drag you along all night without getting what your looking for.

Veel plezier gozert.
    Last edited by Thorn777; March 04, 2010 at 11:32 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by snuggans View Post
    we can safely say that a % of those 130 were Houthi/Iranian militants that needed to be stopped unfortunately

Treize's Avatar Dux Limitis

Been there, done that.
    It isn't very worthwhile and the security is rediculous.
    Miss me yet?

If you hadn't planned it already, I'd heartily recommend you plan a day to the Museumsinsel. Berlin is a pretty nice city so I have no doubt that you'll have a good time.
    Every time you :wub:, god kills another kitten.
    If you're gonna hire Machete to kill the bad guy, you better make damn sure the bad guy isn't YOU!

'I understand, and I take the light into my soul. I will become the spear of Khaine. Lightning flashes, blood falls, death pierces the darkness.' , Dhrykna.

Comes Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by Selifator View Post
    If you hadn't planned it already, I'd heartily recommend you plan a day to the Museumsinsel. Berlin is a pretty nice city so I have no doubt that you'll have a good time.
    Oh yeah a definite must for any TWC history buff. One of the most prestigious historic museums world wide.
    Quote Originally Posted by snuggans View Post
    we can safely say that a % of those 130 were Houthi/Iranian militants that needed to be stopped unfortunately

Treize's Avatar Dux Limitis

Pergamon museum?
    Miss me yet?