Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Napoleon PFM Released

Default Re: Napoleon PFM Released

Quote Originally Posted by Lamentor446 View Post
    ok sorry im new to this. do i get both those thing and should i get the exe or msi?
    I'm not sure what the link was that Erasmus sent you to (I see it was a Microsoft site, however), so I don't know about that aspect of it.

However, yes, the file is a compressed file in Rar format. So you will need a program that is capable of opening that.

Myself, I use Win-Rar. But I believe a number of them (the compressions programs) are capable of opening it, as Erasmus pointed out by sending you to 7-Zip.

I hope this helps a little bit.
    Every day takes figuring out all over again how to live.

It gives me some comfort in knowing that the Napoleon PFM is a team effort as there is always one of you on hand to address community needs in a timely manner.

Well done gents. A blunderbuss blast of rep to all three of you: erasmus777, The Vicar, and husserlTW.
    brandybarrel's BattleAxe and Unit Guide Links:

Quote Originally Posted by Lamentor446 View Post
    ok sorry im new to this. do i get both those thing and should i get the exe or msi?
    No problem, we all start somewhere

You absolutely must have .NET 2.0 or better to run PFM. I linked you to 3.5, which should have all your bases covered.

Like The Vicar said, you just need something to open the .rar file. Both Winrar and 7zip will do that for you. For 7zip, you'll want the .exe or the .msi. If you're not sure what all the "32-Bit, x64, yada yada" numbers mean, get the 32-Bit.

Let us know if you need more help.
    Last edited by erasmus777; March 08, 2010 at 09:22 AM.

Civis

Could you please process the table "uniform_to_faction_colours" ?

Thanks

Civis

Quote Originally Posted by izanagi11 View Post
    Hi there, I found for the uniform db file for the 4 strings Name are

Uniform IDref - can be any name
    Country - For which country the uniform is designated for
    variant of uniform from variantmodels.pack - which variant file to use for the uniform (headpiece and different addon meshes to use)
    Unit ID from either unit_stats_land(Unit IDref) or units (Unit ID) - which unit you wish use this Uniform entry

I use this file to fix all the placeholder junk.

Cheers!
    Is the first column (Uniform IDref) use as a foreign key (referenced) in any other table? or is the uniform id just a unique identifier (in which case the uniform would be assigned to a unit using the Country/Unit ID combinaison ?

Quote Originally Posted by Marechal_Davout View Post
    Could you please process the table "uniform_to_faction_colours" ?

Thanks
    Open your NTW PFM folder and use notepad to open DBFileTypes_0.txt. Copy and paste the following in alphabetical order and place a TAB where indicated:

Code:
    uniform_to_faction_colours[TAB]Unit ID,String;
    Faction ID,String;
    R1,UInt32;G1,UInt32;B1,UInt32;
    R2,UInt32;G2,UInt32;B2,UInt32;
    R3,UInt32;G3,UInt32;B3,UInt32

Civis

Quote Originally Posted by erasmus777 View Post
    Open your NTW PFM folder and use notepad to open DBFileTypes_0.txt. Copy and paste the following in alphabetical order and place a TAB where indicated:

Code:
    uniform_to_faction_colours[TAB]Unit ID,String;
    Faction ID,String;
    R1,UInt32;G1,UInt32;B1,UInt32;
    R2,UInt32;G2,UInt32;B2,UInt32;
    R3,UInt32;G3,UInt32;B3,UInt32
    It works - thank you

izanagi11's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Marechal_Davout View Post
    Is the first column (Uniform IDref) use as a foreign key (referenced) in any other table? or is the uniform id just a unique identifier (in which case the uniform would be assigned to a unit using the Country/Unit ID combinaison ?
    Thus far, from I can tell it is just an unique identifier. Maybe it uses this with the voice issue, "Republic Guard!!!!!"
    "The shape of you, the shape of me, the shape of everything I see.."

Hey all, i open the packfilemanager and get a blank page i click on new file and extract to napoleon total war but nothing happens , any ideas on how i can get this working??????

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by flexter View Post
    Hey all, i open the packfilemanager and get a blank page i click on new file and extract to napoleon total war but nothing happens , any ideas on how i can get this working??????

thanks
    How to make a mod:

1. Create a new folder called "My Mod Folder"
    2. Open PFM and click File>Open
    3. Navigate to C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\[napoleon total war?--guessing cuz I don't own the game]\data
    4. Find the .pack that contains the tables you want to edit and open it.
    5. Right-click on the tables you want and select "Extract..." or press Contrl-X. Extract the table to the folder you created in Step 1.
    6. Repeat #5 as many times as you need.
    7. To create your new mod .pack, click File>New
    8. When it asks you what folder you want things to be relative to, select the folder you created in Step 1.
    9. Press the "Insert" key or right-click in the left window to add the desired tables to your new .pack.
    10. Save.
    11. Click "Options" above the right window and uncheck "Use first column as row header".
    12. Shift-click the empty cells in the first column to select the blocks of rows that you don't want to edit and press "Delete". If you're not sure, you can do this step later.
    13. Go through and rename all your tables by right-clicking and selecting "Rename". It doesn't matter what you name them, just rename them.
    14. Edit your tables.
    15. Save often

Thank you!! uv made my day, do u know how i can turn off the tracer rounds when muskets fire??

Thank you!! uv made my day, do u know how i can turn off the tracer rounds when muskets fire??
    I don't know, but they did if for ETW, iirc. You might search the ETW modding fora.

Thanks again Erasmus , how can i make sure the mod is loaded when i start napoleon? Also do i need to do anything with the scripts?

aghh suddenly im getting "choose the program u want to open this file" whenever i try to go to a table
    Last edited by flexter; March 08, 2010 at 08:32 PM.

Hi there, I found for the uniform db file for the 4 strings Name are
    Uniform IDref - can be any name
    Country - For which country the uniform is designated for
    variant of uniform from variantmodels.pack - which variant file to use for the uniform (headpiece and different addon meshes to use)
    Unit ID from either unit_stats_land(Unit IDref) or units (Unit ID) - which unit you wish use this Uniform entry
    I use this file to fix all the placeholder junk.
    Cheers!
    Thanks for this useful info! +rep

Try the workaround from ETW. Open the "projectiles" table and go to the column "Shrapnel Type". Then scroll to the "musket*" entries and change "alpha_bullet" to "none".

Thanks again Erasmus , how can i make sure the mod is loaded when i start napoleon? Also do i need to do anything with the scripts?

aghh suddenly im getting "choose the program u want to open this file" whenever i try to go to a table
    Unfortunately, there's no way to tell if your mod is working until you get into the game. You do need to activate your mod in the user.script.txt: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=339828

For your other problem:

1. Write down the file path to PFM for NTW.
    2. Press "Start>Accessories>Command Prompt". If you have Vista or 7, right-click on the Command Prompt shortcut and "Run as Administrator".
    3. Type:
      Code:
      assoc .pack=packfile
    4. Press enter, then type:
      Code:
      ftype packfile="[C:\path you wrote down in Step 1]" "%1"
    5. Press enter and you should be golden.

Civis

Thus far, from I can tell it is just an unique identifier. Maybe it uses this with the voice issue, "Republic Guard!!!!!"
    Thanks for this great find +rep

I am trying to add Wurttemberg infantry to the french roster as a test...

Nice release guys!

Roderna's Avatar Libertus

Good news~~~
    projectiles_explosions solved~~~
    All goes in DBFileTypes_1.txt~~
    Code:
    projectiles_explosions Projectile Explosion,String;
    Trigger Type,String;
    Explosion Type,String;
    Effect Radius,Single;
    unknown,Single;
    unknown,Single;
    Frag Damage,Single;
    ?,Boolean,1;Frag Launch Type,String;
    Number of Frag,UInt32;
    ?,Boolean,1;Explosion Anim,String;
    unknown,Single;
    unknown,Single;
    ?,Boolean,1;
    unknown,String

When i try to rename the tables the number tables do not show up , which ones to i edit? im editing the main ones on the left hand side of the screen. I can rename them if i copy the whole data/db file but i select rename and dont get the choice to name it myself when i select the individual tables. Ive tried this but it takes no effect ingame.

When i try to rename the tables the number tables do not show up , which ones to i edit? im editing the main ones on the left hand side of the screen. I can rename them if i copy the whole data/db file but i select rename and dont get the choice to name it myself when i select the individual tables. Ive tried this but it takes no effect ingame.
    I've clicked on the units table and selected rename. Do you see something like this?
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: