Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Napoleon PFM Released

maxsim666's Avatar Miles

Default Re: Napoleon PFM Released

Quote Originally Posted by JaM View Post
    my guess is that your mod is ignored, because game doesnt read script file. Try making your pack a movie type, then it will be loaded regardless of script file...
    I JaM
    I did so but game result was CTD

Quote Originally Posted by JaM View Post
    i had sme problems with my mod. i did some changes to units and ships and then my mod caused CTD everytime. so i started from scratch, DL latest version of editor (4.march version) and created everything again. And this time everything worked fine... so my suggestion is to create a lot of backups, adding changes in small steps so if you do something wrong you can go back to latest working version... saves a lots of headaches...
    JaM thanks for your hint it is same tactic I used in ETW modding but now I changed very little only artillery size.

Quote Originally Posted by erasmus777 View Post
    Did you save your script file as Unicode and name it "user.script.txt" ?

Edit: However, if you're getting a CTD, then something isn't edited correctly.
    Hi Erasmus, actually I did not save it as UNICODE I corrected it and result is the same as I saved mod as movie pack, CTD
    I also thought it was about number of gunners, I put it from 24 to 48 but game still gives CTDs
    I suppose there is something more then units_stats_land table to edit to change unit size.
    Did anyone try changing infantry or cavalry size without using campain multiplier trick?
    Last edited by maxsim666; March 05, 2010 at 01:39 AM.
    "In hostem celerrime volant"

- Voloire -

Mooncabbage's Avatar Ducenarius

I am having trouble getting my test mod to work in game, I'm trying to edit the projectiles table to reduce range and velocity, but my changes don't show up in game, even with the mod switch script file properly configured. Is projectiles_tables still missing some definitions?

EDIT: Setting it to movie worked, maybe I just got the filename wrong.

EDIT EDIT: Nope, didn't get it wrong... what's going on here?
    Last edited by Mooncabbage; March 05, 2010 at 02:45 AM.
    Not actually on the moon.

Empire: Tactical Warfare Mod v1.0

@MoonCabbage - Make sure your user.script.txt file is set to unicode format.

Quote Originally Posted by maxsim666 View Post
    I also thought it was about number of gunners, I put it from 24 to 48 but game still gives CTDs
    I suppose there is something more then units_stats_land table to edit to change unit size.
    Did anyone try changing infantry or cavalry size without using campain multiplier trick?
    Yes, actually, I have. It works fine. There's something else wrong with your mod.
    Last edited by The Vicar; March 05, 2010 at 02:10 AM.
    Every day takes figuring out all over again how to live.

maxsim666's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by The Vicar View Post
    @MoonCabbage - Make sure your user.script.txt file is set to unicode format.

Yes, actually, I have. It works fine. There's something else wrong with your mod.
    Hi Vicar, you mean works for infantry and cavalry or also for artillery, if yes also for artillery please could you upload your mod?
    That's what I did:
    1) I opened data pack in PFM;
    2) I extracted unit_stats_land table;
    3) I created in PFM a new file from file menu;
    4) I imported unit_stats_land file;
    5) I deleted rows for all infantry and cavalry units;
    6) I increased all artillery from 4 to 8 and Grand Battery of the Convention to 16;
    7) I put gunners from 24 to 48 and for Grand Battery of the Convention also I doubled gunners' size;
    8) I saved my new mod as mod type and named it MOD_Artillery_8_gun.pack;
    9) in windows7 appropriate folder I edit user.script.txt adding entry mod "MOD_Artillery_8_gun.pack";
    10) I saved script file as unicode txt file;
    result: CTD
    Is there anything wrong
    Also as movie pack it gives CTD

- Voloire -

You have not renamed the unit_stas_table (at least you don't mentione it above)!!!

EDIT: Load your pack here.

maxsim666's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by husserlTW View Post
    You have not renamed the unit_stas_table (at least you don't mentione it above)!!!

EDIT: Load your pack here.
    Thanks husserlTW, I supposed I was a little dull

+rep to you

eerie and funny is that in ETW modding I always changed name to tables accordling to my mod name, now in NTW, because of new difficulties and obstacles and in the hurry to get through them I did the mistake

- Voloire -

Don't worry it took me 3 CTD to realize that I've done the same mistake in my first Napoleon mod.pack. It's modding.... heat!

Good catch, Husserl.

Shoot coward! You are only going to kill a man!

Default GRRRRR! Cant use PFM...

My PC wont let me choose the new NTW PFM to open pack files, I cant tell it that thats the program it should use...

Default Re: GRRRRR! Cant use PFM...

Just copy the content of NAP_PFM to your previous PFM folder overwriting the files. If you have associated pack files to open with PFM and you place the NAP_PFM in a new location, you will be able to establish association for NAP_PFM, because registry will always point the old path of PFM. Either you'll do what I've proposed in first place or you have to change the path in registry entry.

I know what to do, I clcik to open with PFM and it doesnt seem to recognize that thats what Ive said...

Quote Originally Posted by DoomBunny666 View Post
    I know what to do, I clcik to open with PFM and it doesnt seem to recognize that thats what Ive said...
    I'm assuming you have Vista or 7.

Try going to Control Panel\Programs\Default Programs\Set Associations (or click "Start" and type "set associations" in the text box at the bottom, and select "Change the file type associated...") then associate .pack with the new PFM.

There are a billion other ways to do this, too. If that doesn't work, next step is regedit...
    Last edited by erasmus777; March 05, 2010 at 01:48 PM.

Potato Fritz's Avatar Libertus

thanks lads.

I get an error saying DB header type unknown when trying to look at the unit_stats_land table.

Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by bodkin View Post
    I get an error saying DB header type unknown when trying to look at the unit_stats_land table.

Any ideas?
    Sounds like you haven't downloaded the latest release from the OP. DL again and see if it works, as I just did so and had no problems.

Heartbraker's Avatar Libertus

I have found out what two of the unknown columns are in the units_stats_land table. As you can see in the screenshots that I have included the columns control the rank and file spacing of dismounted dragoons and unlimbered artillery.

PFM screenshot
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Dragoon rank and file spacing before and after screenshots
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I Hope this information is helpful and that I am not telling you things that you already know.

It may have been known by somebody, somewhere.

But it wasn't labeled in the PFM, was it?

I'll update the definitions file now. Look for it in the next release.

Good job, btw.

I have run into an issue old boys! Whenever I select a table the Pack FIle Manager crashes! Any reasons why?

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Mr.♔L.E.E.♔ View Post
    I have run into an issue old boys! Whenever I select a table the Pack FIle Manager crashes! Any reasons why?
    Are you getting any error messages?

Also, are you sure you've downloaded the most current version of PFM from the OP?