Thread: Flickering Shadows

Default Flickering Shadows

Annoying. A minor nuisance really, but takes away from the immersion. Anyone else experiencing this?
    "ETW 1.0 syndrome. Units clashing and then..... nothing .... hands up, swords n lances up... total freeze... they were lika small blind cangaroos in mother's sack - just rubbing each other"

-Niesmiertelnik

karamazovmm's Avatar スマトラ警備隊

Default Re: Flickering Shadows

you're seeking bug thread

The very ugly forgive, but beauty is essential - Vinicius de Moraes

irishron's Avatar Cura Palatii

Turn off the aa. If you have Nvidia card, try the 196.75 drivers released today.

Got a 5770 and used to have a 8800GT. Happened on both cards. It also happens whether or not AA is on. It was the same on ETW as well.
    "ETW 1.0 syndrome. Units clashing and then..... nothing .... hands up, swords n lances up... total freeze... they were lika small blind cangaroos in mother's sack - just rubbing each other"

-Niesmiertelnik

Am I seriously the only person experiencing this?

-Niesmiertelnik

you not alone. i think every ATI user have this and maybe nvidia too. i had a 8800 gtx before my 4890 and the flickering blocky shadows where there on both cards. this have been a problem since first day of ETW... the fact that they havent fixed this in NTW says pretty much about CA...adding graphical enhancements to NTW without fixing this bug is just freaking hilarious. its such a distraction and imersion problem that i have to disable shadows alltogether. and then the game looks like crap anyways so where pretty much screwed.....i dont think ca will ever fix this.

Also have this, posted it here : http://shoguntotalwar.yuku.com/topic/68870

irishron's Avatar Cura Palatii

Quote Originally Posted by DarK_RTW View Post
    Also have this, posted it here : http://shoguntotalwar.yuku.com/topic/68870
    You're the man. Thanks.

Awesome. Seems to me it isnt anything to do with my rig.

-Niesmiertelnik