Thread: Unit!!??

Default Unit!!??

I am new here. May anyone tell me "now I am playing england but there are no Longbowmen at all so will you explain or tell me where to find all the lists unit that can recruit at certain city".

Default Re: Unit!!??

Um...well, RR changes the recruitment system by making certain units available after a particular period of time. Longbowmen are available after the heavy mail event in 1200 and are phased out (except in England) later on by yeoman then retinue longbowmen.

You can check yourself via the export_descr_building by looking up the unit then checking the paramters.

eg. recruit_pool "Longbowmen" 1 0.67 4 0 requires factions { england, } and hidden_resource england and event_counter HEAVY_MAIL_ARMOR 1 and not event_counter new_era_begins 1

This means you start with 1 in the pool and can get a maximum of 4 at any time (discounting disbanding). Each turn you get 0.67 units (ie. none, but in the secnod turn you'll have one visible in the pool). It requires you to be england and requires the hidden resource england, which basically means the particular castle is located in england, not france etc. It also tells you the heavy mail event is required but this recruitment pool is discontinued after the new era begins event. Another line will probably tell you what happens after the new era begins event.

Navajo Joe's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

RR/RC actually delays the availability of unit to the historical time they became available, so if you are playing early era, they will arrive later.
    If you installed BGR3 from 6.1 patch, you need to go to BGR3 in sub mod thread and install Data Zip at bottom of first post.

'Proud to be patronised by cedric37(My Father and My Guardian)

So confuse thing :p

Caesar Clivus's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

Leonidas can I suggest that you read up on the features of a submod before installing it. Because the restriction of unit recruitment is kinda the whole point of RR/RC. If you know what you're installing beforehand, then you wont get confused when things in the game are changed.

BftB2 UPDATED 22nd DECEMBER. Member of the Complete Byzantine Unit Roster team

anyways thx alot for respond

is there a way to change when the unit comes?

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Napolean Bonaparte IX View Post
    is there a way to change when the unit comes?
    Have you seen 'Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure?' Well, do what they did, take the longbow back or whatever and introduce it earlier, then I promise you all the dates in the game will change automatically.

okay well i meant in the game

I did too, 'I promise you all the dates in the game will change automatically', see?

so is there a way i can change that in the game and not in the real world?

Yes. Have the necessary event for the unit fire earlier (longbow, gunpowder, whatever). Try searching the forum on how to change the events - if nothing comes up I suggest searching for a tutorial in the Mod Workshop.
    If someone finds a way for the real world, please notify me immediatly.

Well not really, not without risking a CA-created spacetime discontinuity paradox and imploding the universe

But if you are willing to risk that, then bane_tw's advice is good.
    Last edited by Point Blank; March 06, 2010 at 09:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Point Blank View Post
    Well not really, not without risking a CA-created spacetime discontinuity paradox and imploding the universe
    Yes, be careful as almost always this effect reaches out into our spacetime continuum creating the common and dreaded CTDs on startup.

You seem to be putting yourself up for a lot of work Bonaparte IX - if you're not experienced with modding best limit yourself to one change at a time and always make backups. The CA universe can be quite touchy even if its just a space character to much.

is there a way to shorten the turns they take along time ?

is there a way to shorten the turns they take along time?
    There are quite a few topics on this already out there. The short answer is no, not without removing content. For minor tips and more info in general on this please do a search.