Thread: Gamespot's Review

Pro-opera Jungian's Avatar Tiro

Default Gamespot's Review

Here's the review from Gamespot

The link-http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/napoleontotalwar/review.html

Their score was a 8.5.

The summary:

The Good
    Detailed, action-packed battles The death of a general will affect you personally Three multiplayer campaigns Captures Napoleon and his era.
    The Bad
    The AI must have flunked out of the military academy You can win some battles by exploiting the timer.
    Last edited by Pro-opera Jungian; March 02, 2010 at 11:34 AM.

Default Re: Gamespot's Review

I lost ALL faith in Gamespot, and IGN for that matter, when they all rolled-over foaming-at-the-mouth-with-glee over Empire Total War. I sometimes think the review sites don't bother PLAYING the game, but just fawn over the back of the box.

Arbitrary Crusader's Avatar Praefectus

They gave the same score for empire.

♪ Now it's over, I'm dead and I haven't done anything that I want, or I'm still alive and there's nothing I want to do

Quote Originally Posted by Pro-opera Jungian View Post
    The Bad
    The AI must have flunked out of the military academy You can win some battles by exploiting the timer.
    This applies to RTW and M2TW (not sure about STW and MTW, that was so long time ago , or ETW, never played it)

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

Three multiplayer campaigns?
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

I guess this lower score was to make up for the high score they gave Empire?

Coder on Dark Ages: Roman Revival, the alternate history mod for BI.

Under the Patronage of Augustus Lucifer, member of the House of Ward.

Arbitrary Crusader's Avatar Praefectus

Quote Originally Posted by Mythic_Commodore View Post
    I guess this lower score was to make up for the high score they gave Empire?
    But,the score from gamespot is the same.

♪ Now it's over, I'm dead and I haven't done anything that I want, or I'm still alive and there's nothing I want to do

Did gamespot change their review score? I could swear they gave ETW a higher score than 8.5 when it first came out. I remember being thoroughly p!ssed off about the high score they gave it when I found it unplayable.

Pugman, it was IGN that gave ETW such a high score. Gamespot's review came a bit later and they gave it an 8.5, same as Napoleon. I remember their review being one of the first of the major reviewers to actually criticize the AI and numerous bugs, and for that I gave them props (when I normally don't care for Gamespot reviews).