Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Radious Fire By Rank mod (12.4.2010 - Updated with Radious_FBR_All)

Default Re: Radious Fire By Rank mod (Updated with Elite version V2)

Just wondering. I put the Radius_FBR.pack thingy in the programfiles/steam/steamapps/common/napoleontotalwar/data folder but when I open the game and try to play with line infantry or elite infantry, it doesn't display a button or anything for the FBR. How does this mod work? I opened a saved campaign where it already has fire and advance tech learned and try to test it out but I can't seem to do the FBR for line or for elite infantry.
    Last edited by tenjouten; March 05, 2010 at 06:27 PM.

His mod doesn't use a button to enable/disable Fire By Rank... not sure if in the campaign you have to reasearch anything thing to get it though...

but i know in custom battles it has worked fine for me.

mmmm, that explains it so they do it automatically. Lol, and here I was frantically looking for a button to enable/disable it for an hour or so. Thanks Enso and love the mod Radious.

RADIUS, I have this problem. Every time I put your mod into data folder, I have CTD.
    I try start a new CMP but after several turns, happen the same.....

The CTD occurs after I press the end turn button and sometimes pass some AI faction first.....

Can you give me a thought what may be the problem?

tnks....

PS. I use the FBR version, not the elite.
    Last edited by Naitesrules; March 06, 2010 at 12:35 AM.

Radious's Avatar I came, I saw, I modded

Quote Originally Posted by Hazbones View Post
    Any comment on the other suggestions?
    I think i already saw here on forum mod where 2 lines fire at same time. It would not be nice to person who created that mod to do it again and call it my work. And on other side i have now 3 seperate mods in preparations which takes most of my modding skills and time.

Quote Originally Posted by tenjouten View Post
    Just wondering. I put the Radius_FBR.pack thingy in the programfiles/steam/steamapps/common/napoleontotalwar/data folder but when I open the game and try to play with line infantry or elite infantry, it doesn't display a button or anything for the FBR. How does this mod work? I opened a saved campaign where it already has fire and advance tech learned and try to test it out but I can't seem to do the FBR for line or for elite infantry.
    If you using the classic FBR version, placed in Data folder then it should work fine in custom battles and campaign. Campaign needs research of FAA and make sure you have in Data folder only one FBR mod. Another problem can be that you using other mods from other people which can cause conflicts. In Battles there is no button to activate FBR, its always on for soldiers you choosed in different versions. It would be much better to just choose if you want it or not like FFA had, but this is impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by Naitesrules View Post
    RADIUS, I have this problem. Every time I put your mod into data folder, I have CTD.
    I try start a new CMP but after several turns, happen the same.....

The CTD occurs after I press the end turn button and sometimes pass some AI faction first.....

Can you give me a thought what may be the problem?

tnks....

PS. I use the FBR version, not the elite.
    Hello Sir, did you follow all instructions? Only 1 my FBR mod in Data folder, checked if you not using other mods which may cause conflicts. I never had ctd sofar not even once and if you follow all instructions it should work for everyone.

Hello Sir, did you follow all instructions? Only 1 my FBR mod in Data folder, checked if you not using other mods which may cause conflicts. I never had ctd sofar not even once and if you follow all instructions it should work for everyone.[/QUOTE]

Yes. Plus I installed the SoundFX mod and the Buildings mod.....(compatible I suppose).

Everything else is Vanilla…

Hello Sir, did you follow all instructions? Only 1 my FBR mod in Data folder, checked if you not using other mods which may cause conflicts. I never had ctd sofar not even once and if you follow all instructions it should work for everyone.
    Yes. Plus I installed the SoundFX mod and the Buildings mod.....(compatible I suppose).

Everything else is Vanilla…[/QUOTE]

Yes i have all my 5 mods in and all works great. So my mods are compatible for sure, not sure what can cause your ctd. If yo uremove FBR then game runs ok?

Quote Originally Posted by Radious View Post

Everything else is Vanilla…
    Yes i have all my 5 mods in and all works great. So my mods are compatible for sure, not sure what can cause your ctd. If yo uremove FBR then game runs ok?[/QUOTE]

Oh! Yes ...I tried this: I removed only the first table of your mod and put the modification on the patch.pack (a copy of course). I think only one entry is the difference....
    But then the FBR didn't work!

Baleur's Avatar Biarchus

Can i combine the normal version with elite v2? I want FBR for Line infantry, Elite infantry, Grenadiers, Light infantry and Skirmishers. :/

+rep thx heaps

Thank you so much Radious!! I find that the infantry which have FBR are fast to get no ammo.Can you increase a bit more ammo for each infantry??

Removal of Fire and Advance only

what does that mean exactly, and it has functional wavelets

Quote Originally Posted by M@GIC View Post
    Removal of Fire and Advance only

what does that mean exactly, and it has functional wavelets
    This is simplest version, no FBR and no FAA.

sorry but what does FBR and FAA

has and you might know how to adjust the one infinite Monition?

Baleur's Avatar Biarchus

FBR = Fire By Rank (when one line of men fires after the other, instead of just the first line)
    FAA = Fire And Advance, when they fire, then move fowards, messes with AI =P

I agree with the "more ammo" request

Everything is great but the units run out of ammo really quick

Quote Originally Posted by StenKilla View Post
    Everything is great but the units run out of ammo really quick
    Agreed.

halfway through a battle majority of my line if were already out of ammo...

Quote Originally Posted by zorphon View Post
    Agreed.

halfway through a battle majority of my line if were already out of ammo...

There is an option on the prefes.scirpt, for unlimited ammo but I don't know if it works.....
    It is easy to change the units_stats_land entries and add ammo. Vanilla is 10, so 100+ will make it almost unlimited...
    Last edited by Naitesrules; March 06, 2010 at 03:05 PM.

There is an option on the prefes.scirpt, for unlimited ammo but I don't know if it works.....
    It is easy to change the units_stats_land entries and add ammo. Vanilla is 10, so 100+ will make it almost unlimited...
    Creating another mod with more ammo is possible, but i would have to rework my mods - Upkeep + Limit removal, since they changing same things. That would be too much editing, for which i dont have now much time.

Updated first post with easier tracking all my mods released until today. Hope this helps with orientation.