Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Radious Fire By Rank mod (12.4.2010 - Updated with Radious_FBR_All)

Shabby_Ronin's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: Radious Fire By Rank mod (Updated with Elite version and standalone FAA removal)

Any results from people?
    "...I'll look for something else. We're surrounded by water. Why are we eating knob?"

Default Re: Radious Fire By Rank mod (Updated with Elite version and standalone FAA removal)

I reccomend just using the FAA removal because the Fire By Rank made my batles alot faster (Which is bad in my opinion)

yeh its carnage with FBR lol

Quote Originally Posted by Shabby_Ronin View Post
    Any results from people?
    Yeah, battles are ridiculously lethal now.

In a good way.

I highly recommend using the unit scale tweak in the preferences script.

I actually dislike FBR something fierce now, when I expected the opposite...

The thing is, if you cancel the firing drill at ANY time, everyone needs to reload before it can begin again. If you are on the move, this makes you a sitting duck, ready for the plucking. Naturally, if you sitting still and defending in a long line, it's more lethal. At least if the enemy has the good sense to die plenty before routing and another enemy coming into view, which might meant several seconds lost with no fire coming from your guys.

If and when it can tweaked so that FBR units will fire when they are stationary, no matter if Joe in the back right corner line needs to reload or not, it'll be nifty.

Radious's Avatar I came, I saw, I modded

Yes FBR is more deadly in NTW because of higher accuracy and faster reload of all units. Mainly if you using just Elite version, then those units are really Elite, since their reload speed is super fast and with FBR they shooting deadly wawes of bullets verry fast. FAA is removed in all versions, it simply doesnt work good and AI cant use it at all.

SO you have 3 versions to choose:

1. Classic - All Line and Elite troops using FBR (i checked if i missed some units, didnt found any), Grenadiers, Skirmishers and Light infantry stays as in vanilla

2. Elite - Only Elite units using FBR (one more thing here, most of the Bonus units from Imperial edition are Line infantry and not Elite infantry - so they have no FBR in this version)

3. FFA removal - simply just no Fire and Advance and no FBR.

Beggar's Avatar Decanus

Great mod indeed! Many thanks.

BrodY's Avatar Semisalis

I've never had any problems with F&A, and frankly I think it rules especially while flanking. However I agree with the Fire by Rank issue... being forced to line your infantry soooo long is just stupid. Cheers!

GODzilla's Avatar Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by Radious View Post
    Yes FBR is more deadly in NTW because of higher accuracy and faster reload of all units. Mainly if you using just Elite version, then those units are really Elite, since their reload speed is super fast and with FBR they shooting deadly wawes of bullets verry fast. FAA is removed in all versions, it simply doesnt work good and AI cant use it at all.

SO you have 3 versions to choose:

1. Classic - All Line and Elite troops using FBR (i checked if i missed some units, didnt found any), Grenadiers, Skirmishers and Light infantry stays as in vanilla

2. Elite - Only Elite units using FBR (one more thing here, most of the Bonus units from Imperial edition are Line infantry and not Elite infantry - so they have no FBR in this version)

3. FFA removal - simply just no Fire and Advance and no FBR.
    By the way: Could you add Grenadiers to the list of the elite units? I think they're elite, too, so they should also be capable of FBR. Maybe you could add it as 4th version.
    GODzilla(TM)
    son of the family of Wilpuri under the patronage of makanyane

Quote Originally Posted by GODzilla View Post
    By the way: Could you add Grenadiers to the list of the elite units? I think they're elite, too, so they should also be capable of FBR. Maybe you could add it as 4th version.
    You mean Grenadiers and Elite? or Grenadiers and Line? Or just Grenadiers?

Manny ways i see so choose one please Sir and i will look into it.

Quote Originally Posted by BrodY View Post
    I've never had any problems with F&A, and frankly I think it rules especially while flanking. However I agree with the Fire by Rank issue... being forced to line your infantry soooo long is just stupid. Cheers!

There is no problem with FBR, it works great as it did in ETW. I didnt saw not even once that i had to wait looong time before my squad started to shoot. Actually i noticed few times that squads started to shoot even without all men 100% ready. (maybe some tweak from NTW, dont know).

FAA is problematic, and when i say problematic i dont mean in players hands but in Ai hands. Before AI manage to start shooting and using it, its in most of the times dead already, it just takes them long time, but with volley or FBR they dont have such a problems, so it makes battles much better.

joreto's Avatar Tiro

There is no problem with FBR, it works great as it did in ETW. I didnt saw not even once that i had to wait looong time before my squad started to shoot. Actually i noticed few times that squads started to shoot even without all men 100% ready. (maybe some tweak from NTW, dont know).

FAA is problematic, and when i say problematic i dont mean in players hands but in Ai hands. Before AI manage to start shooting and using it, its in most of the times dead already, it just takes them long time, but with volley or FBR they dont have such a problems, so it makes battles much better.
    Thank you for the mod ; ) It's really great. But is it possible to include the grenadiers to the elite units so that they could use FBR too ? Because the austrians don't have any elite infantry and if I use the elite pack they won't use FBR.
    &

Quote Originally Posted by joreto View Post
    Thank you for the mod ; ) It's really great. But is it possible to include the grenadiers to the elite units so that they could use FBR too ? Because the austrians don't have any elite infantry and if I use the elite pack they won't use FBR.

Will look into it Sir, expect soon new version.

Baleur's Avatar Biarchus

I LOVE YOU

Default Re: Radious Fire By Rank mod (Updated with Elite version V2)

New version tested, works great, download links added.

Enjoy.

Baleur's Avatar Biarchus

The only prob i had was that i could not use the advance-retreat buttons in the middle of the ui, i use them quite often, but having fire by rank far outweighs that annoyance

Any chance for (another lol) version where ALL units use FBR? Line, elite, grenadiers, skirmishers, light infantry/snipers? Excluding those that already use fancy stuff like squad fire, if any. I'm a noob i dunno
    Last edited by Baleur; March 03, 2010 at 07:42 AM.

GODzilla's Avatar Civitate

You mean Grenadiers and Elite? or Grenadiers and Line? Or just Grenadiers?

Manny ways i see so choose one please Sir and i will look into it.
    Nevermind...I come to believe that grenadiers should stay the way they are, or get the platoon fire.

If they're like in ETW then they're great in close combat. Adding FBR would make them kinda sluggish when you want to shoot a salve and then attack right afterwards. But when the first row is kneeing they will most likely not respond imediately. Which is bad, especially considering their smaller unit number. Ever ysecond counts...

Platoon fire would be the ideal solution. They keep standing and still this drill is VERY effective. I loved it in ETW. So maybe it's worth just adding that skill to them...permanently, not as researchable tech.
    Last edited by GODzilla; March 03, 2010 at 11:55 AM.
    GODzilla(TM)
    son of the family of Wilpuri under the patronage of makanyane

Quote Originally Posted by GODzilla View Post
    Nevermind...I come to believe that grenadiers should stay the way they are, or get the platoon fire.

If they're like in ETW then they're great in close combat. Adding FBR would make them kinda sluggish when you want to shoot a salve and then attack right afterwards. But when the first row is kneeing they will most likely not respond imediately. Which is bad, especially considering their smaller unit number. Ever ysecond counts...

Platoon fire would be the ideal solution. They keep standing and still this drill is VERY effective. I loved it in ETW. So maybe it's worth just adding that skill to them...permanently, not as researchable tech.
    I really dont understand why CA removed all fire drills. I looked into that platoon fire, but its seems bit more complicated, because it didnt worked as i thought it will be. Another problem is with campaign, make platoon fire permanently could be solution, but it didnt showed in campaign at all, as technology it should work, but i can replace only one (FAA), maybe replacing others techs would be possible, but thats not the best solution and create new tech is i guess impossible or harder then my modding skills are.

Sofar i created another version, where grenadiers using FBR too, so if anyone like it, can use it.

-Joker-'s Avatar Semisalis

Not all units use fire by rank

Quote Originally Posted by -Joker- View Post
    Not all units use fire by rank
    All units were never meant to use FBR, there are 3 diff versions so people can choose which they like most with FBR.

1. Elite + Line
    2. Elite + Gren
    3. Elite only