Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Radious Fire By Rank mod (12.4.2010 - Updated with Radious_FBR_All)

GODzilla's Avatar Civitate

Default Re: Radious Fire By Rank mod

Quote Originally Posted by Radious View Post
    Request done for you Sir. Check download links again, version with Elite units was added.
    Hell, I was expecting maybe something tomorrow, or in a few days. The friend of mine who made the request says: "Thank you very much, sir!"

In campaign it should be there in technology tree too, The icon shows Fire in advance, but when you research it, you should have FBR. Maybe later with better tools it will be possible to change it completely.
    That's actually cool I think. So you have to research this tech, the elite units wont do FBR automatically? Yes I think that's much cooler than just to have FBR all the time automatically with the elite units.

Well...that said...it get's harder and harder to resist byuing this game. Gnaaahhh!
    Last edited by GODzilla; March 02, 2010 at 02:58 PM.
    GODzilla(TM)
    son of the family of Wilpuri under the patronage of makanyane

Radious's Avatar I came, I saw, I modded

Default Re: Radious Fire By Rank mod

Quote Originally Posted by GODzilla View Post
    Hell, I was expecting maybe something tomorrow, or in a few days. The friend of mine who made the request says: "Thank you very much, sir!"

That's actually cool I think. So you have to research this tech, the elite units wont do FBR automatically? Yes I think that's much cooler than just to have FBR all the time automatically with the elite units.

Well...that said...it get's harder and harder to resist byuing this game. Gnaaahhh!
    Yes you should have it after research of that technology, but since its one of the first 3 military techs, you will have it much much sooner then first Elite unit (if you dont decide to ignore that tech ofcourse)

liamr's Avatar Laetus

Default Re: Radious Fire By Rank mod (Updated with Elite version)

Hey thank you once again, can i just ask you a couple of quick questions?

1. is it only the first few lines that can fire? for example if i had a block of 6 ranks can only 3 of them fire

2. could you tell us what mods you have planned next, really enjoying your work, i downloaded the sound and this mod (and may be getting the building one)?

Yes you should have it after research of that technology, but since its one of the first 3 military techs, you will have it much much sooner then first Elite unit (if you dont decide to ignore that tech ofcourse)
    Well I guess that's okay. From what I've seen of the egypt campaign at my friends PC tells me that you get elite units quite fast. I think he could already train grenadiers after just a couple of rounds. And to start researching he had to capture a major city first. So I think it plays out quite good, at least concerning the egypt campaign.

And for everything else I say it's only logical to assume that by the time NTW plays these battle technique should be very well known and thus easily researchable anyway. Yeah I know...gameplay balance.

Quote Originally Posted by liamr View Post
    1. is it only the first few lines that can fire? for example if i had a block of 6 ranks can only 3 of them fire
    If I had to bet...I'd bet that it works just like in ETW, because it IS just like in ETW. They probably left the whole code in the game, just disabling it for the units.
    Last edited by GODzilla; March 02, 2010 at 03:08 PM.
    GODzilla(TM)

liamr's Avatar Laetus

kk thanks, now just need to wonder what is next XD

Well i have manny plans with units editing, some campaign mods like more units per factions, disable limit for Elite units, remove region restrictions for certain units, reducing upkeep prices etc etc. But most of this i cant do yet, files are coded and without updated tools i can just talk about it like i am doing now

I added another version, which removed just Fire and Advance - for people who dislike from some reasons FBR and getting angry when see AI how is trying to use FaA and suck in it tottaly and getting easy killed by your troops.
    Last edited by Radious; March 02, 2010 at 03:24 PM.

liamr's Avatar Laetus

Ok thanks for the info, i especially look forward to seeing those elite units limits disabled (seeing as i have a lot of them as i have imperial edition) and reducing upkeep, i would love to see new units as well. thanks for your work so far, i think i have it all now i downloaded the building mod (which by the way is good) or if they allow you to do it later: fix the melee animations

Cheers for posting a stand alone Rank fire replacement mod Radious, save me making a modular version from my own mod since axing FAA there is a winner too. More time to tinker on other things now.

Glad to see that common sense prevails and FAA is going the way of the dodo in mods already.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogmeat View Post
    Cheers for posting a stand alone Rank fire replacement mod Radious, save me making a modular version from my own mod since axing FAA there is a winner too. More time to tinker on other things now.

Glad to see that common sense prevails and FAA is going the way of the dodo in mods already.
    Saw your mod Sir, nice work. Yes FAA is pain in the ass, mainly in AI hands.

Oh...I just remebered that ETW actually featured two fire drills. So is the platoon-fire in the NTW-code, as well? For small units like grenadiers it was always a very good fire drill, because it's the only drill where the soldiers contantly fire, without pause.

While small in numbers grenadiers could contantly demoralize an enemy unit with no time for the to recoup from their losses.

I really liked it in ETW. Any chance we could see in in NTW, too? The only problem is that currently there's only one researchable fire drill from what I've seen. But then again I only saw the egypt campaign. Maybe there's more in the later campaigns...

Or maybe it's good enough to add it as permanent fire drill to the grenadiers. ²

So many ³
    GODzilla(TM)

Quote Originally Posted by GODzilla View Post
    Oh...I just remebered that ETW actually featured two fire drills. So is the platoon-fire in the NTW-code, as well? For small units like grenadiers it was always a very good fire drill, because it's the only drill where the soldiers contantly fire, without pause.

While small in numbers grenadiers could contantly demoralize an enemy unit with no time for the to recoup from their losses.

I really liked it in ETW. Any chance we could see in in NTW, too? The only problem is that currently there's only one researchable fire drill from what I've seen. But then again I only saw the egypt campaign. Maybe there's more in the later campaigns...

Or maybe it's good enough to add it as permanent fire drill to the grenadiers. ²

So many ³
    I will look into it, but i think i heard somewhere that massive fire is more coded, so not sure if it will be possible. Then in campaign as you said there is only one drill to research (stupid FAA) and nothing else.

Sol Invictus's Avatar Domesticus

I just knew the modders would jump in and make the game better. Thanks for your efforts.

Many thanks!The AI just can't handle FAA very well

pajomife's Avatar Protector Domesticus

This is the some FBR that we have in Empire? The 3 lines firing?

Quote Originally Posted by pajomife@iol.pt View Post
    This is the some FBR that we have in Empire? The 3 lines firing?
    Yes, i guess CA didnt created new FBR and then didnt activate it in the game. But the "old" one works perfect in NTW too. Elite units with this can really decimate enemy forces. AI handles FBR much better then FAA too, which is positive and another reason to get rid off FAA.

Default Re: Radious Fire By Rank mod (Updated with Elite version and standalone FAA removal)

Have been playing with the Prussians using this mod. The rank fire does not seem to work for them in campaign mode. It does work fine for them in quick battles. Can anyone else confirm this?

Maybe it has soemthing to do with the fact that they start the campaign with FAA already enabled on their tech tree.

Tired of TWC Arrogance

Default Re: Radious Fire By Rank mod (Updated with Elite version and standalone FAA removal)

Thanks for this mod - I tried this out (the non-elite only one)... but noticed it does not work the same for all units - for example, Old Guard and Highlanders remain unchanged. Have all units been treated the same way?

I tried it with everything (FAA removal and FBR added) but didn't enjoy it because I felt the armies were depleted faster, then came back on here and noticed the FAA removal only and I thank you. +REP

thank you! you rule!

Nanny de Bodemloze's Avatar Treason is just dates
    Artifex

just...awesome...