Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Radious Fire By Rank mod (12.4.2010 - Updated with Radious_FBR_All)

Default Re: Radious Fire By Rank mod (12.4.2010 - Updated with Radious_FBR_All)

It doesnt work on campaign for me, and im getting mixed responses. do you have to learn ranked fire in campaign or should it already be there?

Any idea?

Dracula's Avatar Praefectus

Quote Originally Posted by Wizbomb View Post
    It doesnt work on campaign for me, and im getting mixed responses. do you have to learn ranked fire in campaign or should it already be there?
    For god's sake, read the previous 2 posts at least before posting ! It replaces a technology, platoon firing as far as I remeber, so you get it in campaign after you research it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracula View Post
    For god's sake, read the previous 2 posts at least before posting ! It replaces a technology, platoon firing as far as I remeber, so you get it in campaign after you research it.
    Omg sorry, i just had a blonde moment, anyways thanks for the response! im new to Napoleon so i got to look up how to research stuff

LARNY's Avatar Foederatus

Hi, how to make it working for special units (from mods like foreign legions), some of them have fire and advance abillity but are not doing FBR when normal infantry does.

excuse me an answer....it's possible to give the orders (load-aim-fire) by the officer like on empire??

It isnt working for me, is it cause im using Scarlet Dawn British units mod?

Very sad to see ALL links are dead.

Well the mod works in custom. In campaign I think you have to research it, but playing as the french I went to fight the austrian army near Venice on the first turn to test it out, and my units don't fire by rank. The austrian units seem to be fine though but I really doubt they have fire and advance already researched.

This mod makes for some fantastic line on line battle, but when there's flanking and maneuvers involved, fire by rank rather...sucks. What I mean is if one guy fires from the first row but the unit gets outflanked and has to turn, the whole regiment has to wait for that one guy to reload and then restart from the front. Oh well game mechanics.

On a side note, this mod is compatible with additional unit mod, total flags mod, band mod, but NOT the defense mod.

A new mini mod for Radious Fans!
    Mod name: Fire by Rank Foreign Legion Mod
    Platform: NTW
    Mod Creator: Ordoprinceps

Mod description: 14 line regiments from Emperor Batman 999’s very fine Foreign Legion mod (French) did not have the ability to fire by rank. In addition five of the line regiments from the excellent aum_nap_additional units mod 2.2 now have the ability to fire by rank. I used a mod made by Radious called the FBR elite V 2 as the foundation for making this change. This is a minor change that has added major enjoyment for me and I hope some others on this site may enjoy it as well. The units included are named below.
    Inf_Line_Swiss_Foot
    Inf_Line_French_Westfalian_Line
    Inf_Line_French_Hannoverian_Line
    Inf_Gren_French_Hannoverian_Grenadiers
    Inf_Line_French_Irish_Fusilliers
    Inf_Elite_French_Dalmatian_Carabiniers
    Inf_Line_Bavarian_Line
    Inf_Line_Wurtemberger_Fusilliers
    Inf_Line_French_Portuguese_Infantry
    Inf_Line_Legion_Midi
    Inf_Line_Lithuanian_Fusilliers
    Inf_Line_Saxon_Fusilliers
    Inf_Gren_Neufchatel_Swiss_Grenadiers
    Inf_Line_Neufchatel_Swiss_Fusilliers
    aum_Inf_Elite_French_Marines
    aum_Inf_Elite_French_Middle_Guard
    aum_Inf_Gren_Swiss_Grenadiers
    aum_Inf_Line_French_Irish_Legion
    aum_Inf_Line_Swiss_Line_Infantry

Please give credit to Radious, Emperor Batman 999 and Swiss Halberdier , but I wouldn’t mind a little Rep either.

Enjoy!

[FONT=Times New Roman][B]Just unzip to your NTW data file
    http://www.mediafire.com/?81eq4mlzb5t14wd
    Last edited by ordoprinceps; January 20, 2013 at 05:06 PM. Reason: update and change link
    Ordoprinceps
    Semper Ferox

Mod name: Fire by Rank Foreign Legion Mod
    Platform: NTW
    Mod Creator: Ordoprinceps

Mod description: 14 line regiments from Emperor Batman 999’s very fine Foreign Legion mod (French) did not have the ability to fire by rank. In addition five of the line regiments from the excellent aum_nap_additional units mod 2.2 now have the ability to fire by rank. I used mod made by Radious called the FBR elite V 2 as the foundation for making this change. This is a minor change that has added major enjoyment for me and I hope some others on this site may enjoy it as well. The units included are named below.
    Inf_Line_Swiss_Foot
    Inf_Line_French_Westfalian_Line
    Inf_Line_French_Hannoverian_Line
    Inf_Gren_French_Hannoverian_Grenadiers
    Inf_Line_French_Irish_Fusilliers
    Inf_Elite_French_Dalmatian_Carabiniers
    Inf_Line_Bavarian_Line
    Inf_Line_Wurtemberger_Fusilliers
    Inf_Line_French_Portuguese_Infantry
    Inf_Line_Legion_Midi
    Inf_Line_Lithuanian_Fusilliers
    Inf_Line_Saxon_Fusilliers
    Inf_Gren_Neufchatel_Swiss_Grenadiers
    Inf_Line_Neufchatel_Swiss_Fusilliers
    aum_Inf_Elite_French_Marines
    aum_Inf_Elite_French_Middle_Guard
    aum_Inf_Gren_Swiss_Grenadiers
    aum_Inf_Line_French_Irish_Legion
    aum_Inf_Line_Swiss_Line_Infantry

Please give credit to Radious, Emperor Batman 999 and Swiss Halberdier , but I wouldn’t mind a little Rep either.
    Enjoy!

Just unzip to your NTW data file
    [COLOR=red][FONT=Times New Roman]Link to zip file
    http://www.mediafire.com/?81eq4mlzb5t14wd
    Last edited by ordoprinceps; January 20, 2013 at 05:07 PM. Reason: change the link
    Ordoprinceps
    Semper Ferox

Thanks for sharing

[QUOTE=Radious;6874692]Hello everyone, i just finished working on my old mod from ETW, where i managed to change fire drills as i liked for Line and Elite infantry. Now it should be fully compatible with NTW. Since NTW didnt had from basic FBR (no idea why, because it works perfect here) i edited it so most infantry can now use this drill.

Changes:

1. All Elite and Line infantry should now use Fire by Rank
    2. Fire in Advance was removed - useless as it always was in ETW
    3. Grenadiers, Light Infantry and Skirmishers stays as they are in vanilla.
    4. For request i made another version where only Elite units using FBR, Line infantry is now vanilla
    5. Added another version which just removes Fire and Advance (no FBR, its made for people who do not like from some reason FBR but think that FaA is stupid mainly in AI hands which hardly can form line properly for it before it gets killed)
    6. Another version added, EliteV2 - FBR for Elite units and Grenadiers
    7. Another version added FBR_ALL - Elite, Line and Grenadiers using FBR

you are AWSOME

Thanks for this Mod. I am not so technical. Can you advice where to copy the file. I use Win8 and play using Steam.

Thanks.
    Chatrapati Shivaji Maharaj founder of the Maratha empire.

Can anyone confirm if the opponent AI uses FBR correctly, and that the AI isn't messed up as a result?

I can't get Line Infantry to fire by rank. It only works for Elite units, even using All.

Can anyone please make a version where only line infantry uses the FBR?

hello guys!
    one question!? in which folder to install the file

Dracula's Avatar Praefectus

Perhaps a fix to slow down firing as not to be robotic and actually use the FBR ?! Because this installed over vanilla ... the second line fires in miliseconds after the first line kneels, and the third line ... through the second one, before even they have kneeled.

No Downloads Working?