Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Improved Volley fire-----Ztime Mod

Default Improved Volley fire-----Ztime Mod

New update is coming!I have repack the MOD.

for now,
    1, the volley fire with personnal morale modification is in the file (zstime_with_morale.pack )
    2, the new gunpower modifier is in the file(zctime.pack)
    3, removed tracer,from notracer_Mod. (patch_notracers.pack)

if you want any of them, just take it!

1,I have succesfully modifiered the killing rate, thx for you all!!!!!!!
    Now the killing rate is base on "Discovery", from 100m a volley fire has the killing rate as 6.55%
    and in close distance(50m),the killing rate increases to 31.27%!According to this mod, you can easily get the number that how many people will die in one shot!(just to know how many they fired.)
    I didnt test the effect in danger close below 30m(for me is too risky:-P)

2, let the light infantries fire freely, so they can have different use on the battlefield, compare with skirmishers.

normally the light infantries can be used to the first contact, and skirmishers are used to backstab enemy and sniping the general. their strike will be fast and critical, after that they can easily retreat from battle.

Get tired about the strange and unreasonable volley fire in NTW?

Have a try on my small Tweak.

There are 3 things in my Mod, they are seperate, you can choose what you actually want.

1, removed tracer,from notracer_Mod. (patch_notracers.pack)
    2, changed the fire mode in all the types infantries(line, light, elite), by giving them new type of firing, light infantries and skirmishers fire together.(zstime.pack)
    3, slightly reduce the killing rate of gunfire(because the soldiers get killed too fast in the mass fire.(z_patch_zctime.pack)

installation:

unpack the rar file and release the follow 3 packs in your date folder.

remaining issues:
    1, However, not all the infantries can have mass fire. as I have found, in the edge of range, only the first line can fire, and only in danger close, all the 3 lines will fire, I think it may be the velocity problem(or range), for I cannot edit projectile yet. And I promise in 90 pecentage of the time, the orginally fire rate is two ranks.
    2, I wish to know more about how to make gunfire more powerful in close distance, and how to make it less efficent in far distance.

hope you have a nice gameplay! I will appreciate any help for the issues.
    Last edited by flagcarrier; March 04, 2010 at 11:13 AM.

Default Re: Improved Volley fire-----Ztime Mod

Hello
    If you want get to know a lot of things of napoleonic warfare I recommend you a great side : http://napoleonistyka.atspace.com , espesially this issue http://napoleonistyka.atspace.com/in..._tactics_2.htm about musketry
    cheers

maxsim666's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by flagcarrier View Post
    Get tired about the strange and unreasonable volley fire in NTW?

Have a try on my small Tweak.

There are 3 things in my Mod, they are seperate, you can choose what you actually want.

1, removed tracer,from notracer_Mod. (patch_notracers.pack)
    2, changed the fire mode in all the types infantries(line, light, elite), by giving them new type of firing, light infantries and skirmishers fire together.
    3, slightly reduce the killing rate of gunfire(because the soldiers get killed too fast in the mass fire.)

installation:

unpack the rar file and release the follow 3 packs in your date folder.

remaining issues:
    1, However, not all the infantries can have mass fire. as I have found, in the edge of range, only the first line can fire, and only in danger close, all the 3 lines will fire, I think it may be the velocity problem(or range), for I cannot edit projectile yet. And I promise in 90 pecentage of the time, the orginally fire rate is two ranks.
    2, I wish to know more about how to make gunfire more powerful in close distance, and how to make it less efficent in far distance.

hope you have a nice gameplay! I will appreciate any help for the issues.
    Great NTW units behaviour looked too simple, I lack old good regimental volleys of ETW, I did you managed it? +rep
    "In hostem celerrime volant"

- Voloire -

What did you do to "reduce the killing rate of gunfire"? Did you reduce accuracy, fire rate, amount of hits to kill, spread of fire .....?
    In God we trust...everyone else gets searched.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeCK View Post
    What did you do to "reduce the killing rate of gunfire"? Did you reduce accuracy, fire rate, amount of hits to kill, spread of fire .....?
    I slightly increased the broadside-fire factor, and reduce the half-hit-range. As qco in version did.

However, gunfires are not critical enough in close distance, SO it is a remaining issue. And I think that darthmod in ETW did a goodjob in this realm.

If anyone can help me with this, I will be appreciate.

And thx for more feedback.

Erunion Telcontar's Avatar Senator

I'm not sure if you can do this in Napoleon, but this is what we did in Imperial Splendour of ETW, we edited the projectiles so that they were deadly, but had a higher spread. This meant that when they hit, they killed, but the further out the enemy was the less likely you were to hit.

Best of luck modding,
    ET

+Rep for anyone who can translate! (The above)
    Auta i lóme! Aurë entuluva!

how exactly did you managed to edit DB files?

With the db and pack file editor tools I am sure...which are missing for NTW...not sure why they haven't been modified to work with ntw yet but they will eventually
    In God we trust...everyone else gets searched.

yeah, but aparently he managed somehow to alter those NTW files... so i'm curious how.. i tried using ETW DB editor but it doesnt work...

Use the pfm(Packfilesmanager) , however some files cannot be modifiered yet in NTW, include units.

i tried it with 1.12, but i'm not able to edit any of your packs, how did you manage to edit them?

aus-rotten's Avatar Semisalis

Hi flag,
    I like your solution with the 2ranks firing
    Just 3 questions:
    - which of your 3 files is for the lethality of musketfire?
    - is it possible to get 2 ranks firing without this wider spreading of the units?
    - could you made version without fire and advance?

thank you!
    Last edited by aus-rotten; March 03, 2010 at 09:06 AM.

NO GODS -NO MASTERS
    just free minds

my brown power ass in your white power face.

Tired of TWC Arrogance

The tracer one is clear from the name but can't work out the other two (i.e. is "zstime.pack" option 2 or 3?). Thanks for these mods, either way!

Could you be more specific about points 2 and 3? I don't want to put in a mod that reduces the kill-rate of infantry, only to have the enemy AI just charge at me head-first every damn time and make every battle a melee battle. And sometimes, cavalry charges along the front of my infantry, causing them to take fewer casualties. If the kill-rate were reduced enough, I could easily see them getting -no- casualties at all... running along 6 feet in front of my infantry.

And what do you mean by specific types of fire for the different infantry? Are you referring to firing speed, reloading speed, range, accuracy, all of them, none of them?

i say u should leave the kill rate makes game more real but the rank is good

I am so sorry that I forgot to specific 2 and 3. Now is clear.

to JaM:
    have a try on pfm1.13 or pfm 1.11b.

to aus-rotten:
    I think spreading problem is Hardcore. At least i cant edit it at present.
    What the problem on fire-and-advance? I never use it and I doubt if AI will.

For the killing-rate, however I didnt change a lot, but i will keep working on it.

If you could get the line infantry to stop spreading out this would be good. I don't get why they do it, light infantry can shoot almost 3 ranks deep when in a tight formation.

New update is coming!
    1,I have succesfully modifiered the killing rate, thx for you all!!!!!!!
    Now the killing rate is base on "Discovery", from 100m a volley fire has the killing rate as 6.55%
    and in close distance(50m),the killing rate increases to 31.27%!According to this mod, you can easily get the number that how many people will die in one shot!(just to know how many they fired.)
    I didnt test the effect in danger close below 30m(for me is too risky:-P)

2, let the light infantries fire freely, so they can have different use on the battlefield, compare with skirmishers.

normally the light infantries can be used to the first contact, and skirmishers are used to backstab enemy and sniping the general. their strike will be fast and critical, after that they can easily retreat from battle.

Pope Gregorius I's Avatar Ducenarius

@Flag: you could solve the 1st rank firing and only in close danger the other ranks firing problem by implementing FBR in place of FaA(which doesnt work very well, and the AI cant use it.)

question about that though, do you have all units firing like light infantry? just constant and at will? or is it concentrated volleys?

perhaps i download and find out...haha

good stuff though, ive been trying to find a mod that cuts the killing power down while still giving you the most possible troops firing at once.
    Last edited by Pope Gregorius I; March 04, 2010 at 08:59 PM.
    "Have mercy on me, O God, according to Thy great compassion. Your delight is not in horses, nor Your pleasure in warriors strength..."

l33tl4m3r's Avatar A Frakkin' Toaster

Moved to Gameplay Tweaks.

PM me with any questions.
    [House of Caesars|Under the Patronage of Carl von Döbeln]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast