Thread: Player Lobby

Default Player Lobby

I`d like to know if there is a global chatlobby in NTW and how is it (not) working?

Thx in advance for your efforts.

Default Re: Player Lobby

There is a functionality to create chatrooms; there is no default one so people initially thought it was broken.
    It appears that the chatrooms are not really global since I've heard from people that they can't see certain rooms.
    I guess this is because of the download region logic used for games filtering; taken further though because you can't see rooms created by friends (as you know, you can see games they host).

I must say this is a bit hearsay because I've not myself encountered a room I couldn't see;
    we stumbled upon this when trying to organize a Drop-in Gentlemens' meeting and Ragga told us over Steam chat that he couldn't see our room.
    Tools: PFM 4.1 - EditSF 1.2.0
    (Download PFM - Download EditSF)
    Warscape Modding Guide
    Join the PFM User Group on Steam to receive PackFileManager update notifications.

Respecto Patronum

Thx Daniu.

But whats the point then? If I have to open my own chatroom I could do that via steam as well and there my friends could all join. And if its restricted to the downloadregion its pointless as well.

No description of the functionality in the handbook, no official statements and explanations? How is it intended to work? Or is it another broken MP feature like in ETW?

Quote Originally Posted by Lucullus View Post
    But whats the point then? If I have to open my own chatroom I could do that via steam as well and there my friends could all join.
    Well it's different because if someone has opened a room and you enter the MP browser page, you see that room and can join it without being actively invited, so you can meet new people there.
    It's really not broken as such, it's just that people haven't gotten into the habit of creating a room if none is there yet.
    I would agree that a default room that is always present would be very useful.
    Tools: PFM 4.1 - EditSF 1.2.0
    (Download PFM - Download EditSF)
    Warscape Modding Guide
    Join the PFM User Group on Steam to receive PackFileManager update notifications.

Respecto Patronum

I have yet to see a chat lobby. I tried to make one myself, but I couldn't even talk in it.

On a side note, i've only played 2 games to the finish. The rest of them keep getting a ctd. LAME.

{GODS}Scipio_Africanus's Avatar Ordinarius
    IN MOUNT OLYMPUS, heaven, hades and valhalla.

well, I have made 3 chats but only I every participated in them, no1 ever joined and no1 every made their own. Why is it that the lobby in RTW and M2TW are so populated yet NTW's is desolate?

I find the lobby way to laggy to use it anyway.I wish it was like the one out of men of war where you could advertise your game from from your game lobby to the general lobby.

Indefinitely Banned

If they still actually haven't added in a normal general lobby, what is the sense of the user-created chat lobbies then?

I seriously agree, this lack off a common chat lobby is choking the life of the mp community, I want it fixed... are there any rumours it will be changed?
    On the battlefields of Steam my name is Dilleman, find me there