Page 1 of 24 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: [CANNED] -Tyrant Overhaul - v1.0442

Default [CANNED] -Tyrant Overhaul - v1.0442

TyrantOverhaul
    non eponymous productions

a game-play remix of campaign, b.a.i, a.i.,land,sea combat and units.

NEWS
    25th Not sure on Tyrant's future, patch 4 was alot of work and no real gameplay advances.
    24th June Patch SPain DLC
    is out so tyrant will be down until i port tyrant values to patch4 tables, there are alot of small changes to table formats i dont want to miss so it may be a day or so manually portin all the changes.

So remove tyrant scripts to turn off tyrant and importantly remove the
    2.2 tyaum compatibility text file from your data dir so u get the new patch unit names and changes.

bak in a bit with sore eyes.....
    #18th June Re attached a copy of .0442 as link seems to have died
    #14 June Updated version posted 1.0442 change log below.
    #29th May AUM updated to include changes in latest tyrant updates. (2nd post below)
    #28th May Tyrant 1.0441 released

Mod Objective
    My humble aim is to enhance the challenge and for my tastes playability of N.T.W. while adding some different aspects for both Player and AI. Balancing all changes to achieve a mix of realism, playability, challenge and most importantly fun, within the scope of the NTW engine and our ability to tinker/mod it.
    Ive tried to pay particular consideration to how the AI will deal with and implement these changes, With the increase in challenge the aim is to increase the difficulty for players from as many direction as possible tweaked a small amount rather than from a few factors boosted alot,
    this helps for me to increase challenge without a single specific thing becoming frustrating.

The idea have come from a year of playing and modding the great ETW mods that have been produced, and it is too these talented unselfish pple and there spirit of co operation i owe a great debt for what i have learnt.
    More recently in NTW modding i have noticed a greater preoccupation with an attitude 'if you like this mod rep me' - Kust personally for me Rep means very little so if you never use that green button im happy - my goal is simply to make a Total War game that approaches the challenge and feel of earlier TW releases, Mixed with a combination of my own ideas and the many great ideas that have appeared in the many

Tyrant_Main 1.0441 released 28th May
    updated for CA's Patch3 and Coalition Dlc
    ( Save compatible with 1.04+ versions)
    also contains txt pack based on 2.2 compatibility for tyrant and aum new unit names and desc.

to download latest version of tyrant.main (this has all the tyrant game files)
    to download clicky here
    down until further notice

(19th june 2nd version uploaded as seems to been some probs wit twc attachments lately)
    ChangeLog
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

14 June

#Alot of balancing mainly for previous fire drill changes
    -Column troops platoon fire rate improved.
    - Small stat tweaks in accuracy for many.
    #Bai re examined (thnx to Gord's Comments) Charge/flanking parmaters tweaked.
    #Morale tweaked.
    #Cav tweaked.
    #Siege Bombard added to Prussia, France, Russia, Austria (icons wip)
    #New regiments for France European Volunteer Corps (based on Polish Lithuanian and similar regiments name/desc wip)
    #Some building effects changed in regard to diplomacy benefits.
    -Culture dip bonus reduced, Militarist dip penalty increased - Slightly
    -basically to stop over friendly relations developing.
    #Agents in partic gents spawn numbers and rate reduced.
    #and the usual stuff i have forgotten,

28 May

a pretty skeleton changelog.

Best way to get the feel of tyrant is too play it - the long ramble below is there to hopefully answer a few questions that may arise, and provide a sketchy changelog.

New fire Drill for Line Inf now about 1/3 of the 2nd and 3rd ranks will get too shoot, changes suggested and seemed like maybe a good experiment.

Results were of course more involved than it 1st seemed , Thnx to Jam of NTR for his writings on this and los issues, basically the changes in spacing, battle ents and especially increased lethality necessitated a largish rebalance to morale and unit stats - looks pretty ok atm but as usual any largish change can take a little tuning. hence the delay, and maybe a few tweaks might be in an update.

Line inf reload and accuracy is lowered to compensate for all the extra guns, but walking up to the line of enemy is a bit nasty when they open up (hint - give em a speech 1st)

Lite inf got the same deal and now work much better in lite inf formation so dont need rank fire any more as its a bit too ridged for em.

You may want too try Hard battle setting now the morale and less uber cavalry may suit it.

And thanx too feedback on battles a few necc changes

On Cav uber nastiness i was in agreement, the aim is i want to keep cavalry pretty nasty but also vulnerable and expensive, so this version has cav morale and damage is reduced a bit also trained inf with bayonet get a small anti cav bonus.

Arty damage morale penalties reduced a splinter, accuracy rejigged a bit.

Arty crews tweaked up in morale a little, tried shock resist but that was a bit to strong, also given them a new battle ent that is more resistant to cannon fire. To help arty teams survive a little longer.

Some arty will also get field defenses in all battles now.

Working on forgous thingy so wip there.

Both cav and arty will be a fair bit more expensive for players at start of a new campaign.

BAI is basically same as last version how the small changes nec for new fire drill effect may have some influence in the chaos theory of what makes the bai tic.

Theres a crud load of things that i still want to work on in bai, but i resisted my urge to tweak ftm as its easy to unravel in a pile of chicken dancin, but now that this version is released hazardous experimentation can commence....

Other stuff

Unlocked/new units

8 of the new recruits,from left to right, top line 1st.

Allied Bourbon Royalist Horse and Allied Bourbon Royalist Foot -available to coalition majors at merc recruit points. (Secret soc and supply yard)
    Yerliyya Janissary Militia -Ottomans (ottoman elite)
    Auxilary Eastern Line - France, Spain and Bavatia (ottoman elite)
    Conscript Wallachian Militia - Russia,Austria, Prussia (ottoman Elite)
    Mercenary Haidut Mountain Irregulars Russia, Austria, Prussia at merc recruit spots.(ott Elite)
    Portuguese Ordenza - recruitable now, unique mob unit that is and fights in irregular skirmish style, just a model switcheroo as well.
    Allied Greek Marthelos Mountaineers - Britain allied unit avail at merc recruit spots.(ott elite)

Partisan Militia - get the Ordeza model/skin since they are a unique euro militia that fights in skirmish mode this uniform suits better.

Then some other units available from unused vanilla units and stuff

A few exotic Ottoman units that are limited in number and take longer to recruit/order. Mainly available at merc recruit spots.
    Bedouin Toprakli Tribesmen
    Bedouin Toprakli Camel Warriors
    Bedouin Toprakli Camel Warriors

Expeditionary Revolutionary Infantry - Batavian and Venice republics, limited numbers of dirt cheap allied units recruitable at certain buildings.

Unlocked the other limited number of aor units for the majors and some hangers on.....
    These units are are recruit able if you own the province they are unique too, some have diffrent uniforms il post pic if i get time

Polish Legion, Polish Guard Lancers (an yes u got 2 own the dlc to get the lancer) - Big 4
    Silesian Schuetzen - Big 4 , Batavia
    Tyrol Landesschutzen - Big 4 , Bat
    Hungarian Grenadiers, Hungarian Fusiliers, Hungarian Hussars - Big 4, Bat
    Norwegian Ski Troops - big 4, Bat, Sweden, Denmark
    Lombardy-Cisapline Legion - some Italians whoes names i forget - since there is no aor restriction for this i kept recruitment local.

Plus maybe 1 or two i forgot same goes for who gets what,

So its a mix of AOR, mercenaries, conscripts and allies. Im thinking perhaps making alled units require a tech research to represent the time taken in arranging alliance etc.

Also want to set up a bit of distinction between different new recruits, Allies r cheap but usually take time to arrive, mercs fast to recruit but costly, region exotics (camels etc) costly and long time to arrive etc.

Campaign changes

French morale was nuts apparently because they all got a global bonus from Napoleon this release has a fix that reduces empire governments morale (France) to compensate. Thnx too Yarkis for that clever idea on a fix.

French will have too pay a little more too build an maintain 3rd rates - to give Britain i and players and bit less grief,.

New campaign will be harder for players in that arty and cav is a bit more pricey - ai balancy thing.

A few traits tweaked for certain leaders to help balance some nations, mainly for ai.

Did some other small campaign changes but to be honest i cant remember em all atm

Remember to grab the tyaum text thingy for the aum and new tyrant names u will need tyrant. (it also has all other units that using 2.2 compatibility text)
    Place in the usual data directory, remove any other text/loc files if installed - This file needs no script and works auto but you can only have one text style pack installed at a time.

And since the last minute rejig of line inf took a fair bit longer , aum update will be a bit later, couldn't really start on it till i had the new spacing and stuff finalised. Since u can add aum at any time u could start new campaigns minus old ty 4 aum , since next ty_aum update has some unit size changes but either way shouldnt make any difference.

as usual pardon my dyslexic layout, fancy stuff like layout, grammar n spelling takes valuable time away from modding gaming and other fruits of life,

1.043 change log 5th of May

Was sorta in the middle of some interesting experiments,that for a change yielded some pay dirt, so after abit of a prune an a tweak 1.043 is ready enough for release,

changes 3 biggies

#Round shot is now deadly like it should be.
    -not 100% realistic but as close as i can get so now arty can maul and break units with cannon balls (like they did)
    -units hit by the bounce will 'hurt bad' , inf formations marching up to guns will get pounded, arty hits can break units.
    -arty rate of fire and cost to compensate for there new lethality.
    -still working on balance and sound effects (it was too deadly to begin with hehe)
    -changed fire arcs of arty to 150 thnx to a suggestion made by BruceR in his Reducio mod.

#Big BAI tweak
    -ai should now flank and form up at range
    -used charge distance modifiers (these seem to effect many unit ai reactions)
    -too battles i have been encircled by the enemy
    -big change means ongoing tweaking here so let me know how she performs.

#updated for patch3 and new DLC units (if u own them)

#lite inf redone
    -Lite inf types unit sizes up to 160
    -close line formation and lite inf formation - a rank fire ability in both.
    -lite inf given, square formation lite inf formation square looks pretty neat - reasonable anti cav an they get cvr)
    -lite inf now tread paths seldom trod.

#skirms, grenadiers, and some others get last stand huddle, (anti cav formation)

#skirms are immune to attrition, given new battle entity so permanent lite inf formation bonus (for ai helper)
    -new entities were first shown to be possible last year by the Vicar in his NAN I.S work.

#campaign moves tweaked/upped in partic lites and cav.

#some unit costs stats balanced.

#Ai minor tweak
    -to how it estimated garrisons of enemy targets (to make them less optimistic an make bigger stacks for siege)
    -move .5 from frigate to ship o line in ai spending (less frigates more ships of the line)

#Unit recruit areas rejigged
    -more horse types avail only in horse zones
    -ottomans get more recruit options and there aor rejigged.
    *this means im using units from the egypt campaign to this means the egypt campaign probably wont work atm.
    -good side is alot more units for ottomans and soon for all the majors if they occupy ottoman areas. (il add these as i run a campaign casue new units can be added mid campaign for all nps)

*Ship campaign moved upped a little, cost up 100-300 to slow down ai fleet build up.

*Some new building effect and tweaking of others
    -supply/maintenance tweaked
    -some lower class popularity bonus's - peasant farms now +1 LC u loose this when u upgrade thou.
    -a typo removed

*morale tweaked a little. Militia don't like arty now (evil giggle)

*New battle entites for skirmishers and east and euro missile cav so i can give em unique reaction ranges. (wip)

*Britain now has line of 240 - snuggans persuaded me
    -to see how they go and give ai Britain a hand in invasions.

*Austrian chevalier mercs removed replaced with mercenary french rebel dragoons (recruitable at secret soc)
    -thnx Snuggans for pointing out they were too recruit able.

*'kings purse' increased a little (200)

*Ottomans unrest upped a little in foreign cultures - to give greece freedom fighters a helpin hand

Plus a stack of other little stuff, melee pen,battle movement, damage lethality etc.

Just one point i was in middle of some major changes when this patch arrived so i'm pretty sure everything is tested and the more experimental stuff removed, but if there is anything strange let me know. If necc will relese minor tweak bug fix versions over next few days. Plus as i add a few more merc style units.

AUM will need to wait a day , i think all thats needed there is to remove the aum coldstream but it may be fine u will just get 2 versions of em......

Have fun i just got beat in 2 test battles so thats always a good sign. Seems games save compatible new units sizes may cause a little confusion but nothing terminal.

1.042 change log
    #AI - fixes
    *Ai stack fragmentaion reduced, may take a few turns for the ai to sort itself mid campaign. Thnx Protector for warning of this late campaign
    *Ai aggression increased,
    *Seek range rejigged (a multiplier appears to have been a divisor.) Such is how we learn stuff in modding....
    *Naval invasions seem to be working well again. Thnx pple for the headsups
    *Slight increase in ai spending on economy and from dragoons to infantry.
    *Garrison values rejigged (thnx to Matte979 whoe's notes from the 'APE enhanced Campaign' mod of many moons ago i re read)

Land
    *Prussian lite fusiliers morale boosted 1 - from feedback (whoes name escapes me atm)
    *Range damage more effective, lite inf weapons boosted a bit more. Help inf vs cav a bit. Bit again more from previous test. (cd be too lethal now feedback aprec)
    *Dragoons Blunderbuss reduced in damage now works like a reasonable shotgun.
    *deli horsemen given a better acc (old acc was for the blunderbuss)
    *Dragoons melee stats down a bit.
    *Trying some cav types in more of a line formation to see how ai handles it.
    *Heavy Cav given fear ability
    *Inspire removed from heavy cav, except Elite and some unique's - as per Snuggans suggestion.
    *Cav purchase price increased 10-20%
    *cav more vulnerable to missile fire (small arms)
    *Square formations strengthened a little. So overall cav a little less uber deadly.
    *line inf down in melee attack up in defense - for longer hand to hand.
    *janisary grenadier given flintlocks rather than LR flintlocks, as suggested.
    *formation irregularity/spacing for militia mob an over a bit more random.
    *Lots of charge bonus reduction on mobs/militia, they seem to be less melee crazy with it.
    *Experimenting with armed citizen to attempt to make them shoot rather than melee in battles , removed guard ability for em seems to be having ok results.
    *Skirmishers get stealth move (if they have some cover)
    *lite inf getting square will have to wait, the ai was acting a bit weird with it in tests, probably due to the class changes in tyrant, so il jig some setting and test further.

Sea
    *3rd and 4th rates can now be built at tier 1 naval dockyards - ai likes it and it, increases difference between trade ports and makes for more balance ai fleets. Access depends on each nation, some get a bit higher guns.
    *naval damage for round shot increased, close range damage increased also - should make close up a bit more risky.
    *naval morale tweaked to make ships rout and surrender a bit easier - green crews are vulnerable.

Campaign
    *National Guard now Recruitable for france
    *Supply building effects modified - cheaper, faster to build,best replen, adds to recruit and garrison max, but less maintenance discount, and now will cost u lost income to maintain.
    *Secret society/Police - early levels give happiness, higher levels loose happiness bonus replaced with town watch bonus, also these espionage centers give a research bonus as they tier up (stolen plans etc), top levels spawn a gent, Like supply post they will cost u income for the benefits.
    *a few more slight happiness bonuses for lower class from some techs.
    *Some mercs (secret society recruited units) cost corrected, up.
    *plus a few building effect tweaks

Tyrant_main Install Instructions

Remove any older tyrant_full or tyrant_main packs and hotfixes.
    #You only need latest tyrant_full.pack version which is v1.042. to play all tyrant game changes. #tyrant_SFX and tyrant_AUM are optional add ons. #I also highly recommend removing All other mods, at least to start with , test tyrant works then install one at a time to see if they conflict - notes on compatibility below,

The mod_Tyrant_main.pack is in mod format and needs a user.script to activate it.

Place the User.script in your
    C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Napoleon\Scripts dir.
    (u may need to show hidden folders in your O.S. if u cant see this directory)

or if already using a script add this line above other mod scripts. (RMB edit, type then save)

mod "mod_tyrant_main.pack";

Put the mod_tyrant_main.pack (this is all you need to play tyrant)

in your C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\napoleon total war\data directory.

#Or use Mod manager Thnx too Erasmuss777 (download it and rep him here) is also an easy way to activate mods

Notes on how to install with other mods below in AUM readme.

Tyrant Overview

Naval Combat Changes.....
    Inspired by classic PC and board games like Age of Sail, Wooden Ships and Iron Men, naval reworking is a key focus for myself. Developed from Naval mods ive worked on for ETW and the great work of others such as Quixote and Sage2.

in detail.......

Movement and Handling.
    #Ships now move turn and accelerate realistically – no more stupid swivel on the spot. (why CA didn't remember/use any of the Naval improvements they made in ETW 1.4 patch is a bit of a worry)
    #Ships Accelerate a lot slower to vanilla and turn realistically and have more 'mass'.
    #They are however 10-20% faster (top speed) so although they take time to get speed well handled ships and formations can make it to very decent speeds - Velocity is a tactical thing now!
    #Ships are more like the floating castles of Wood that they were not speed boats with bow thrusters (didn't the NTW team even look at the improvements made here in ETW 1.4 patch ????)

#Speed determines your ability to turn - this is you actual speed not sail status,
    Halt - u aint turning unless u got oars or a paddle.
    Very Slow - almost no maneuverability unless as above or with a steam propeller.
    Slow - good maneuverability.
    Medium - Best Maneuver.
    Fast to Very fast - diminishing maneuverability .

-Frigates have very good maneuverability vs Top rates creating a bit more tactical joy. how long can you maneuver and keep out of the wall of death fire arc.

-The idea to make Top rates move more like Stardestroyer's not vanilla speedboats, alos to get the damage dealing and soaking abilities they deserve.
    #wind/physics factors more significant.
    =sailing into the wind is more drastic, turning large formations into the wind takes a bit of skill (hint: get max peed and sail for the turn , learn when too ungroup for a 'point turn' then regroup)

#Physics for wind weather and kinetic damage tweaked depending on size an mass.
    -Smaller ships an sail closer to the wind but take more buffeting from damage, wind and waves.

Combat and Damage
    -Ranges increased by about 30%
    -Every Gun has individual velocity and Scatter rates dependent on munition and caliber.
    -Chain shot due to its elevated trajectory 10-15% more than Round shot, Cannons were wedged at a higher angle to shoot at the sails. Now has the greatest range However due to its inferior aerodynamics is by far the most inaccurate. (greatest scatter) this is too model accurately the effective ranges of these munitions.
    -Frigates and Sloops etc no longer uber reload and accuracy you now need to use there
    considerable maneuverability advantage instead.
    -the terrible reload and Accuracy of Top rates has been moderated.
    -fixed several small vanilla bugs like 6ldr chain having the incorrect projectile model.

#Ships Hull and damage has been reworked

-Damage has been reworked - slower reload, less accurate but more damage per hit. (hold fire and alt rmb target are your friend)
    -Round shot will cause more varied damage - Crew Guns and Sail. (dependent on range, angle and hit location)
    -Chain shot despite greater range is a gamble to use, whilst you are demasting your foe they may be gutting you with round shot.
    -hulls generally alot more resistant, and
    more buoyant (1/3 less swiss cheese)
    -Ships will sink alot less frequently and generally take longer sinking.
    -Magazine Explosions significantly down. (no more banzi sloops to ruin your day)
    -Fire takes longer to burn - seem a bit harder to put out.
    -Repair rate is now much slower Ships now will take some time to fix so withdrawing em is preferred (unless your on fire or leaking that is)
    -Kinetic effects of taking damage and firing broadsides increased (dependent on size of ship)

Plus many many other tweaks but the best way is to try it

Hints.
    -Use Speed as a tactical factor, cause it is now.
    -Plan your turns well ahead.
    -Manage speed for best maneuverability

-Learn when to ungroup units for turns, manage speed etc,
    -sometime u may want to Ungroup and regroup formations before a turn, this will reset there spacing and show less of a "lead trail"
    -on rare occasions ships sailing in high winds at full sail down wind may reach vmax and loose maneuver, hit the breaks for a few secs then try the turn at more responsive speeds

-Distinction between Ships of the line, frigates and small sloops etc more pronounced,
    -Battles end up over Km's now, it pays to keep a squadron or two in reserve.
    -Use Priority target -Holding ALT then rmb on a target selects a target but maintains course.
    -Hold Fire is a powerful tactical tool save that broadside till you are in smelling distance of those rascals.

It may not be evey1's taste but imho Naval battles are a bit more Epic now - starting slower but building up to pretty furious little bashes. The slower acc and turn gives player more time to do stuff but the slightly boosted top speed means that dashing frigates are indeed just that. what you choose to sail the tortoise or the hare is up to u. The AI also seems to handle it relatively well and indeed is sometime helped by the spreading out it creates.

Land Combat Changes
    Inspired by many years of historical tabletop games and the work of mighty combat modifications like Quixoties Combat overhaul, i have tried to create a more viseral feeling for combat, with different classes and armies having a more distinct feeling and a bit more realistic feel to the way units fight play and die. Larger slower battles that may even occasionally cause a few surprises along the way.

in detail.....
    -Diverse Formations and fire drills for all units,
    -the aim so so that different enemies/classes have a different feel both to fight and use,
    -Fire and Advance has been Nuked/removed. ( the only firedrill in that is uber crap for the BAI is gone) FAA tech now gives other benefits (see below campaign section)

-Troops now use these drills/formations.

Mob Mass FiRe (one big synced volley, clunky but potentially powerful) - For Euro Militias and badly trained mobs
    -accuracy balanced to compensate, a big clunky volley that reflects the low training, that if timed right can be deadly but at range is more a fireworks show.

Lite Skirmish FiRe (all ranks can fire soon as loaded) - For Lite Inf, Skirmishers, Missile Cav, and Eastern Missile mobs
    -a less disciplined constant wither of fire , fast and flexible - for the large east units there stats adjusted to balance for the powerful ability

Line Opportunity FiRe ( that is actually no fire drill at all, allows everyman in front rank or who can see shoots as soon as able) - For Euro Line And some better trained Militias.
    -This is the more random fire , fast and flexible fire drill not a blunt as mass fire but relatively more accurate than most other drills (save lite inf skirmisher types) the thin red line. (Line units reload and acc stats boosted for balancing)

Elite RanK FiRe (synced 3 lines of fire one after another) For Elite Euro Troops - This will make the wall of death that is FireByRank a rarer and more special thing. Elites will be the king shooters on the battlefield now. (researched instead of FAA at schools)

Grenadier Column Platoon Fire. (a deep column formation where 3-4 ranks fire one row at a time) Used by Grenadiers, Old Guard and Elite Foot guards. A highly maneuverable block of Heavy infantry that can deal good damage and is well suited for taking point and assaults. (susceptible too cannon fire)

-other changes
    #Closer Formations for all Euro Line/ Elites
    #Skirmish style formations for all Lite inf/ skirmishers (vanilla BAI does seem to use Lite inf formations)
    #Stakes removed.
    #Irregular mob Formations for eastern units. similar to Ahigas 'Irregular mod for ETW'
    #Column Formation for Grenadiers, Old Guards, Foot Guards and melee units.
    -4 to 5 rank column formation for some cav units.
    -all other units rank deployment tweaked, dependent on unit size style and fire drills, (frontage has a major impact on the BAI)
    #Grenades removed.

Unit sizes
    - Bigger for almost all. not huge (well cept Ottoman peasants are quiet numerous) but bigger where it counts to add flavor for the more man power rich nations. (medium setting will be ok those with pc issues im sure)
    -Typical Line inf is 240 now, militia varies, Cavalry bigger for some units nations, lite dragoons smaller for maneuverability (ai) , eastern peasant mobs are up to 400, (these are on ultra settings)
    -Unit sizes are De pendant on particular nation manpower, strengths and weaknesses, some have smaller unit size increases, eg Britain line is 200, whilst others benefit – most French Cav are up to 80.

Morale
    #units morale generally abit lower (untrained units are relatively green)
    #units more effected by shock damage (large hits of causalities in a short time)
    #more likely to break but also more likely to rally,
    -sometimes often several times in a battle (depending on troop quality general and xp etc)
    -despite some opinions this is how battles for me should be and is closer to both earlier Total War titles (When ca actually employed the person who developed there AI/ BAI engine)
    -Plus individual units would rarely run from the field (to face the firing squad after). Armies ran fromthe field Units routed to the nearest cover then would normally rally,
    #Dead general penalty reduced a bit - due to life expectancy of ai generals being pretty average.
    #Charge bonus reduced slightly (to make units Less likely to accept kamikaze casualties)
    #Plus Many tweaks to morale penalties to increase the realism in how your troops react to the carnage of battle.

Weapon stuff
    #Land Cannons Range tweaked up about 15%
    #Artillery Damage increased.
    #Guns and Horse trains are now vulnerable to damage -no more terminator Horse Artillery.

#Individual scatter and muzzle velocity given for each caliber. (as for naval weapons above)
    #Artillery reloads about 20% slower now.
    -Effect: less sniper accurate cannon fire, less frequent but with greater range that deals more damage and morale effects.
    #Grape reloads a little slower than round shot
    -reason because round shot is still a little weak imho (ie the rubber cannon ball thing - dudes getting up after cannon knockdown)
    #Mortar Accuracy reduced, deviation increased – deadly if u hit but less pinpoint accurate.

#Line Inf Range is now 110 other weapons balanced accordingly.
    #All Muskets have individual velocity and spread (based on Quixote's discoveries)
    -Small arms range from minimal spread for lite inf and rifled weapons to low for flintlocks, low-med for matchlocks then wider for shotguns, bows etc.
    - bullets wiz everywhere now - watch ya general.
    #All Muskets can misfire now.
    #Musket fire less accurate at max range more deadly up close
    - as well as being mre realistic, micro management is better rewarded.
    -Firearms reload a bit slower - tech upgrades like advance an fire will increased reload rate but cost you in maintenance an recruit cost 2-3%
    #Small arms fire now uses more lethality but less accuracy, so if you hit at long range this will most likely be fatal, but the decreased accuracy makes less hits at range. (vanilla uses a simple damage reduction system that for me is a little now bullets physically miss there targets, ricochet and can hit units before or in front of the target.
    #Missile penetration tweaked. (kinetic effects)
    #Melee Penetration tweaked up a bit
    -units piling thru there target men flying from horses etc.
    -Cav is meaner........
    #Fatigue
    -Shooting, reloading, combat n receiving arty fire will now ware out your troops more.
    -Balanced with faster recoup for resting makes fatigue a bit more dynamic.
    -Lite cav fatigues a bit slower to other cav types now .
    #Units maneuver a bit better now with less frontage.
    #Charge ranges reworking - Cav will now line up further away and run/charge sooner.
    #Cavalry has been made meaner! Hit points, stats.
    -makes cav a more deadly force but still extremely vulnerable to fire.
    # Lite Dragoons and Chasseurs a Cheval can now shoot mounted and dismount, (removed Skirmish for BAI reasons and so wedge formation is avialable)
    # Deli Horsemen get carbines with the above abilities.
    #Unit hide ability tweaked.
    -Cav can now hide in forest
    -Most Inf can now hide in light scrub.
    -all lite inf can hide in buildings + some militia mob types.
    -a few skirmish units given stealth movement.
    -Range for detection tweaked for all units.
    #All units fire arcs tweaked ( a big help for the ai and player too sometimes)
    -target acquire/move angle for arty inf and cav tweaked
    -lite inf will now turn on the spot and engage any target within 360 (dont worry if there arc seems a strange angle they will acquire any target around them automatically)
    -missile cav has a 160 fire arc - shoot injun style as u hoon down the back of there lines......
    #all movement tweaked.
    -Infantry 15-20% Cav 5 -10%. slower,
    -done thru 3 tables to avoid super slowdowns (slowmo) when units get exhausted.
    #Experience Tweaked
    -Units will rank up about half the speed of Vanilla.
    -Units at 0 experience are relatively green now, you will need good training facilities or experience to have your men harden up.
    #Inspire, Fear and Shock resist tweaked.
    -Janisary's plus some others given inspire ability.
    -Some melee troops cause trouser changes. (fear)
    -Only the toughest units (grenadiers and Elites) now get shock resist (a morale bonus power)

#gabinades removed from 6ldrs and horse arty. Reason Ai deploying guns facing wrong way often, this way some will be able to repo an actual cause u pain.
    #6 ldrs given hide in scrub ability,

#Lite inf and Skirmishers are now irregular class the bai uses this class much better. No more run at you and get massacred by rifle types, they actually shoot now..........

Campaign and AI Changes
    In summary many many changes to increase strategic decisions, and pile on the challenge for Players through as many different and subtle effects available, Harder decisions to be made in infrastructure and technology choices. A system that that will flux your supply recruitment and maintenance costs as you choose between civil and Military options. Tyrants also aims to give the AI a significant boost in its ability raise and maintain decent armies whilst enhancing where possible AI values that determine how it uses them.

NOTE: Campaign Difficulty is significantly harder now – think APE style difficulty.

In detail.....

Big reworking of Recruitment. Culture, Ordinance and Civil structures. In short to allow better troops available sooner and to be accessible to all nations esp those like a.i. minors who only have civil capitals etc

A definite distinction is maintained but the type determines the town/slots emphasis with lesser abilites of the other types available..

Civil/Libertarian (magistrate etc)
    -Low Recruitment slots
    -Best economic benefits
    -Med Repression
    -Some benefits against cultural civil unrest
    -higher tier access to most basic military units but without training benefits.

Drill/Authoritain
    -Most recruitment
    -low economic benefits
    -Higher Levels increase max avail town watch and military garrison
    -Best access to Military units and training
    -Discounts on recruitment/maintenance.

Artillery/Supply
    -Medium Recruitment
    -Low economic benefits
    -Best access to arty units, and training for them.
    -Higher Levels increase max avail town watch and military garrison
    -Access to other military units, not as good as Drill but better than civil.
    -Supply (maintenance) bonus's

Entertaiment/Culture
    -Nil recruitment bonus (i think)
    -Good Economic benefits
    -Good happiness benefits

-Recruitment of Gents and Rakes
    -top tiers improve your diplomatic ranking with others

-inflationary effects on recruitment in that region.
    -susceptibility to Clamour at lower tiers, You will need to upgrade culture if the region is a center of learning lest the drunken no good intellectuals start to get ideas above there station.

#Ports Overhauled (in similar style and for similar reasons to the land recruitment changes)

Naval Dockyards
    -Have One Trade Route now! Limited capacity that increases with upgrades, much less than dedicated trade ports thou. One Port minors now have a chance.
    -Higher tiers maintenance and recruitment discounts.
    -Best Naval recruitment selection with best training (xp level)
    -Only place top rates are built
    -ability to build trade ships (for ai)
    -Most recruitment slots (ships build times are generally a bit longer but docks have more recruit slots so you can have more keels down at a time.

Trade Ports
    -Much better Trade and Ecenomic Benefits than military.
    -boosts region growth.
    -can Recruit veteran trade ships
    -
    Access to frigates and for some maratime one port powers (like netherlands) abilty to build 3rd and 4th rates at higher tiers. (ai likes this muchly)

Combined these Changes massively help the ai in making better stacks, for example, This means Holland with an Arty slot and no drill slots can actually field a decent army now, and built ships other than just Tradeships. Plus the distinctions between the types combined with there pros and cons give players a bit of strategic thinkin.

Recruitment. -
    #the number of towns in a region determines the recruit ability/number of that regions capital
    -Most tier2 towns give at least +1 to recruit,
    -Default Capital recruitment is less from its own building so the size of a region and the building in it determine that regions ability to raise forces.
    -recruitment slots are gained then lost and towns grow then industrialize (draining available manpower.)
    -raising/occupying the enemies regional towns will hurt there recruit ability. (as well as other supply economic effects)
    -New forms of administrative buildings available (Drill ,Admin, etc) are designed to fit into this new fluxing recruit system. Recruit points are highest for Military buildings.
    #Secret Society increases max town watch at higher tiers. Provides access to some mercenaries for the majors.
    #Horse farms give access to some cav types not available if using civil buildings
    #Heavy Industry gives access to heavy artillery, again if the capital buildings don't usually have access to em.

Other Building Effects - many effect changes here.Tip – use building browser before u build.
    #Large Reworking of Economic benefits. To create a slower build up for players and less end game exponential growth.
    -many more global (continental) benefits from building now. So networks can be built up to
    -ie heavy Industry in wales now can have an effect other than just locally.
    -Maintenance will hit players harder if they dont have the infrastructure to support there evil minions.
    -Raiding enemies industry not only cuts down there cash but can also reduce the discounts that maintain there forces, this is a two edged sword of course.
    -Choices between high cash industrial building or low cash maintenance discount buildings is more of a strategic decision.
    -For eg the supply benefits of Gunsmiths (powder mills) are more significant but for greater benefits there are greater risks, all those cheap guns available can be a problem in the wrong hands. Whilst Industry would be more cash productive but offer less recruitment and supply benefits.

#Alot of Early infrastructure/buildings (tier1) build times and costs reduced
    - Aids player and Ai getting up of the ground. Allows a bit more flexibilty in building temporary facilities and changing them with changing needs.Plus lowers this players frustration. Ie Britain starting with no dirt roads, im sure i built those tracks some 1000 years ago in RTW

Technology
    Again many changes here too numerous too list - Tip - look before you research it.
    -many benefits come with a cost so harder choices must be made.
    -For Example Conscription reduces maintenance and recruit cost but causes unrest in the cannon fodder i mean lower classes, happiness in the aristocracy and overall a morale penalty for you armies. This morale can be restored by Field ambulances but this in turn raises maintenance.
    -Maintenance, Unrest, and other variables will flux up and down as you research different techs, and must be balanced by your empires building infrastructure.

Ai changes (1.04)
    - (big fix in 1.042 changelog above)
    -economy, recruitment priorities, stack size adjusted,,,,,,,,,
    -Ai devotes more money early to infrastructure so they can get bigger and meaner later.
    -Ai minors given cloned expansion lines from full ai profile.
    -Ai builds a bit more artillery and cavalry, less sloops n brigs.
    -Less small stacks more priority for larger ones.
    -Ai a bit more aggressive after declaring war.
    -Allies more likely to join wars.
    -Ai will build a larger force before it attacks.
    -Ai Seek range increased by 300% (distance it looks for targets)
    -Kings Purse increased for all to compensate for harsher starting conditions.

Agents
    - more buildings are capable of supporting/spawning Agents,
    -Agent of spawn lowered to compensate.
    -Culture creates rakes at lower tiers Gents at higher tiers.
    -Great Estates (T3)can spawn a Gents
    -Education spawn rate for gents lowered.
    -You will need more than just a Uni to get a good stash of gents. Essential due to lower abilities of new gents and higher research times.
    #Newly spawned agents are a little weaker but have increased movement.
    #Gents ability to counter and cause unrest increased.
    #Dueling/assassination values tweaked. Effects new agent only as well.
    #New trait abilities for Gents, spies and Admirals. To balance Battle morale and create some more interesting agents.

New Units
    #I have increased the number of units available to minors and the main powers using available units and cloning uniform variants.
    These uniforms generally blend in pretty well, and the lack of new unit tables prevents the sound glitch from occurring. The text for these units will be atm default but that doesn't cause any real issues either,
    The aim is mainly to give some extra units for the majors but also to ensure that every minor has some access to more elite types.

Inf_Elite_Grenadier_Guards -Netherlands (aka Batvian Republic)
    Inf_Elite_Life_Guards_of_Foot -Netherlands
    Inf_Elite_Life_Regiment -Netherlands
    Inf_Elite_Republican_Guards -Netherlands
    Cav_Light_Hussars -Netherlands
    Inf_Light_Dutch_Flanquers -Netherlands
    Cav_Light_Light_Dragoons -Netherlands
    Inf_Elite_Grenadier_Guards -Greece
    Inf_Elite_Life_Guards_of_Foot -Greece
    Inf_Elite_Life_Regiment -Greece
    Inf_Elite_Republican_Guards -Greece
    Cav_Light_Light_Dragoons -Greece
    Inf_Elite_Grenadier_Guards -Sweden
    Inf_Elite_Grenadier_Guards -Poland Lithuania
    Inf_Elite_Grenadier_Guards -Swiss Confederation
    Inf_Elite_Grenadier_Guards -Courland
    Inf_Elite_Grenadier_Guards -Austria
    Inf_Elite_Grenadier_Guards -Papal_states
    Inf_Elite_Grenadier_Guards -Brittany
    Inf_Elite_Life_Guards_of_Foot -United Netherlands
    Inf_Elite_Life_Guards_of_Foot -Sicily
    Inf_Elite_Life_Guards_of_Foot -Saxony
    Inf_Elite_Life_Guards_of_Foot -Oldenburg
    Inf_Elite_Life_Guards_of_Foot -Belgium
    Inf_Elite_Life_Guards_of_Foot -Hannover
    Inf_Elite_Life_Guards_of_Foot -Italy
    Inf_Elite_Republican_Guards -Venice
    Inf_Line_Brunswick_Line_Infantry -Britain
    Cav_Light_Hussars -Britain
    Cav_Lancer_Lancers -Hungary
    Cav_Lancer_Lancers -Mecklenburg
    Cav_Light_Italian_Chasseurs_a_Cheval -Naples
    Cav_Light_Chasseurs_a_Cheval -Wurttemberg

plus a few Mercs, expats etc
    avail atm from Secret society - higher cost, decent stats, average morale but fast recruit.

Inf_Line_Swiss_Foot (rank fire trained) -France
    Inf_Light_British_Dutch_Flanquers -Britain
    Inf_Line_Dutch_Line_Infantry -Britain
    Plus Limited numbers of French monarchist rebels are availabile for the other three powers,
    Monarchist French Line Inf (rank fire trained) - Prussia, Russia, Austria
    Monarchist French Chasseurs_a_Cheval - Austria.

Plus A whole heap with AUM Now!

Other Stuff
    # Gave Empire Gov type diplomatic effects that CA seemed to have 'cough' overlooked.
    #Differences between Different Governments increased. (ETW .t.r.o.m. style plus a bit)
    -new abilities that give each style of Government particular strengths and weaknesses,
    -empire gov now has its own values (again CA seemed to forget this part)
    #Player Research is significantly slower. (dependent on gov type)
    -you will need those additional gents.
    #Rebel stacks adjusted to include less elites and more Line militia and mobs types,
    #AI army composition tweaked for the Lite inf and Skirmish class change to irregulars.
    #Religious cultural unrest tweaked, Significantly more than vanilla, but within ai capabilities, to increase resistance and challenge for player and promote emergent nations.
    -some pple cant handle this but when all you need is a few militia or 6lndrs (garrison bonus units) to keep the masses under control early on i scratch my head at this, who said runnin an empire was meant to be easy.

#More factors contribute too and counter unrest. Some Industrial unrest spread into cl amour.
    -Some unrest is latent and will remain unnoticed unless there are significant clamour or cultural differences in that region.
    #Middle class removed from Constitutional Monarchies replaced with the Lower class, Britain is no longer magically immune to Industrial unrest. Just read some Dickens.
    #Capital benefits and penalties for victories and defeats more significant.
    #TAPfx style taxation – raising taxes against one class effects the other.
    -open town screen when you adjust taxes to see this effect in detail.
    #6ldrs given Garrison Bonus. (big enuf too blast rabble to bits but small enough to save the cities paintwork)
    #Ship Campaign movement up 15-25%. Frigates and smalls get the biggest gain.
    #Lite Cav types campaign movement increased 15%
    #Campaign Difficulty factors tweaked to provide a good challenge from Medium to Very Hard. Highly advised not to start on very hard, you have been warned
    #Lessened the ai bonus it got on auto resolve battles on very hard.
    #Reduced ai penalties between certain governments that made them overly hostile
    #Ottomans get trade ship dowh now
    #+5% more chance of ship capture in after battle resolve,
    #Made it slightly easier diplomatically to get friend and close friend status.
    #Trade volume slightly lower, vanilla made Britain far too easy to play imho.
    #all the new DLC units are included and balanced.
    #made from where necc patch2 tables
    #Plus lots and lots of stuff to numerous to post, and forgotten along the way,,,,,
    #Designed for the campaign of the Coalition, and France euro campaign. I think you will find it quiet a bit more challenging
    Hint - Build infrastructure first.

FX Stuff
    #Tracers have been 100% removed for all small arms, Musket balls are still visible and less tracers improves overall FPS. Trace from cannon balls and shrapnel reduced and changed to gun metal RGB.
    #Dust levels from moving troops reduced but not completely removed 50-75% reduction.
    #Ground effects now show for small arms and canister fire.
    #Some cannon sounds beefed up.
    #Removed backpacks from Euro line - a trick taught to me by the quiet gentleman of TWC erasmus777.
    #tyrant sFX posted above is a collection of 3rd party mods that cover sounds, blood and Flags.

#New Campaign highly Recommended if you have just installed Tyrant for the first time- New unit sizes, building effects, ai and campaign difficulty effects may work with old saves but i recommend for sure a new campaign for full effect.

#Recommended settings (remember it will be alot harder than vanilla)
    -Medium to Hard Campaign difficulty, Medium is a tough fight now hard is where i test it , very hard ai should be 5-15% meaner than hard. Not recommended for first time tyrants.
    -Normal battle difficulty. (perhaps hard is ok but it may mess with the damage and moral balance a bit i think)
    -Unit size up too you i play on large.
    -For added realism/difficulty is suggest turning off land flags in battle as well.

##########Compatibility##########
    Tyrant uses alot of tables from kv rules to units tables projectiles, traits etc etc so consequently This mod will probably not work like it should if you use any other mod that effects any aspects game play, or add aditional Units etc, Tyrant AUM and Tyrant SFX are made of course to work fine with tyrant_main.

Other Mods that just add new sounds, change vanilla unit uniforms hats etc or other visual effects should be fine.

-Personally in tests use Brigadiers excellent music Mod, Modified deploy zones, and Custom Load screens.
    -An although i havn't had a chance to test it lately HusslerTW's most excellent Napoleon Total Factions StartPos mod is also highly recommended.

Other Useful techie info
    If tracers seem to come back or you have other graphics anomalies try Cleaning out the fx_cache that keeps all your cached textures Just delete all the contents of the fx_cache (it can store old mod fx ) this will make NTW reload textures next time it starts this can clear many gfx anomalies, its located same dir where u find scripts, C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Napoleon\ui_cache

Also i you suspect your version of NTW may be compromised by a mod or anything else use the stream ability verify integrity of game cache. Accessed by rmb on NTW in the stream games list/ properties/gamefiles. This will check if all NTW files are as they should be an if not will update the necc files.

Finally there is a great little progie
    Games Booster
    that will defrag NTW game files (alot of mod packs are fragmented when u download em) It will also turn off unnecessary progies when you play if you wish. Geek certified free ware available at http://www.iobit.com/gamebooster.html

Big Thanks too
    , Erasmuss777, Vicar, HusserlTW, Lt Chambers and Alpaca for there work on PFM the tool of the trade, LazyKnight for the Great DB manual resource and to all the ETW modders for there ideas over the last year and there great Empire mods, The .Rights .Of. Man, Imperial Splendor, Darthmod, A Proper Empire TI, and too Swiss Halberdier for his work on excluded units (in tyrant main now) and his excellent aum mod that i gota update. And to every1 who has posted feedback on the thread, i might not always be the most prompt in replies or perform the requests requested, tyrant by name and tyrant by nature but is all read, taken in, and appreciated.

and of course CA though we may sometimes forget and even be a bit grumpy at, they are the pple that make any of this possible...

Permision for use etc etc ......
    In making tyrant i have been aided by the invaluable work done over the last year by the TW modding community.
    To date physically all
    the work in tyrant main has been my own, but due to the debt i own this community any of my work is welcome to be used in your own mods, idea are better shared imho, if major things r used a PM and small acknowledgment is all i ask, its good karma but mainly cause it just helps feedback. For me personally moddin ain't a rep gaining expecise.

da Budda say's: 'Rep can lead to hubris and hubris is the enemy of co-operation.'

Enjoy.

*14 June Tyrant Overhaul 1.0442, last attachment is the latest version, above is archive.
    Hint - use to download latest 'click here' button at top of this post
    Last edited by Dogmeat; March 21, 2011 at 12:48 AM.

Default Re: [beta rel] Tyrant Combat & Gameplay Mod

AUM Extra Units, for Tyrant
    updated 29th of May

To download CLICK HERE
    the latest compatability (name/text) pack for AUM is in the tyrant text that comes with tyrant now.

This Swiss Halberdier's excellent AUM 1.9 extra units, adding a host of new units that have been balanced and given stats to blend in with other tyrant units. The hard work was done by Swiss an he is who you should rep for it. Which you can do here and read more about the units included.

Install instructions....

AUM Extra Units v1.9 for Tyrant (combo version 1.2)

**Two versions.- ONLY INSTALL ONE VERSION

Mod Pack version (needs script) and a Media Pack version - works automatically no script needed.

##For Mod.pack (recommended)#####

place mod_tyrant_aum.pack in the data directory.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\napoleon total war\data directory..

then just add the line

mod "mod_tyrant_aum.pack";

to your user_script.
    located C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly \Napoleon\scripts

(just use edit with notepad, save as unicode)

So the user_script looks something like this if running with tyrant_main alone

or like this if using AUM, tyrant main, and tyrant Sfx - (EXample script with this version has this user script so u can use this if using just these 3).

mod "mod_tyrant_sfx.pack";

To run other mods you would just add there script line beneath these

Or you can use NTW mod manager thnkx to Erasmus777

OR

##For media.pack

just the media_tyrant_aum.pack in
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\napoleon total war\data directory..

it will start automatically next time NTW launches.

## THEN after installing one of the above then Place the latest 'unit_pack_compatibility_project_napoleon.pack
    in your NTW data dir. (same place u put other packs) This will enable text for the new units.

you can download the latest comptability (text) pack by by clicking here

Enjoy.

A Big big thanks of course go too Swiss Halberdier.

There is one known small bug where any new extra units causes some units voice response's to get messed up, this is unfortunately something we are stuck with as of yet no1 has discovered a means to avoid this bug.

Big thanks of Course go to the Halberdier.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tyrant SFX

to Download SFX Click Here

alternative SFX Link clicky Here (non rapidshare) thnx to Randir.

Ok This is the first draft ofa 'Bling' addition for Tyrant.

Mod_tyrant_sfx comprises of popular mods that i compiled for TromFX an Imperial Splendor add on.....

None of the work is mine i have simply compiled it for pples convenience and trimmed a few bits to fit into the NTW game.

It Contains these splendid mods ....... So please no rep at me for this rep these fine fellas........

Spankys wonderful Realistic Flags (v1.12)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...t=spanky+flags

Pisoiasul's Atmospheric Sound Mod (v1.2a) Hear the moans of the dead and the Thwack of impacts
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=275757

Sgt_melin's Combined Musket and Battle sounds (a compilation of Obushnikov and GeraldDuval's Realism Soundpack v1.0) Imho some of the best Musket and cannon sounds around.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=253279

MechDonalds Blood Mod for NTW v1 The genius has started his work and we are all holding our breath in expectation at future releases.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=237457

install instructions

Unzip the file its 7z zip format due to its size

#Put the mod_tyrant_sfx.pack in your Stream Napoleon Data Dir.
    (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\napoleon total war\data)

Start NTW as normal and Enjoy.

#Put the User.script in your

C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Napoleon.
    (u may me need to show hidden folder if u cant see it)

##Note This script is for tyrant main and tyrant sfx only so just overwrite the tyrant_main script.
    If adding other mods just add the text to the user script under tyrant main,
    with mod as prefix then a space Quotation then mod name quotation and ; at the end.

eg if u were running tyrant_main, tyrant_aum, tyrant_Sfx and mod_deployzone.pack

the script would look like this

mod "mod_deployzone.pack";

Also remember not all mods use the same naming style so if it was just called deploy zone.pack

then the script would look like this

mod "deploy zone.pack";

hope all that makes sense

Last edited by Dogmeat; May 28, 2010 at 07:43 AM.

Is it possible to upload just the rank fire portion of your mod? and perhaps the movement speed aswell?

if thats possible later il (try) and make a modular versions with just what you mentioned demowhc,

EDIT updated : in the early dev stages forgive me if im a little selfish with making individual versions, i prefer to get the mod working in one single pack before i cut it up. Many tables have subtle influences on other and where to seperate them can sometimes be a little involved. For Instance to balance the new rank fire tweaks to morale and KV rules tables are preferable, but these also influnce ai. Battle ENtities is a similar table
    Last edited by Dogmeat; March 02, 2010 at 03:02 PM.

Noif de Bodemloze's Avatar The Protector of Art
    Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Dogmeat View Post

Land Combat
    Replaced Fire and Advance with Rank fire, so units can learn a fire drill that basically dosent stuff up there spacing (and the BAI) when they use it.

I really like this. I hope, this will come out on own version.

hitokiri2486's Avatar Centenarius

Quote Originally Posted by demowhc View Post
    Is it possible to upload just the rank fire portion of your mod? and perhaps the movement speed aswell?
    It's pretty easy to do yourself in PFM. Just delete everything that doesn't have the words "unit" and "abilities" in it

Edit: oops, don't forget to leave the technology junctions file in as well, otherwise you won't see rank fire! Silly me...
    Last edited by hitokiri2486; March 02, 2010 at 04:06 AM.
    Let me persuade you with my powerful logic skills.

In light of the Total War series, a quote from the theologian whom I respect the most:

The Heavenly City outshines Rome, beyond comparison. There, instead of victory, is truth; instead of high rank, holiness.
    St. Augustine, Bishop of Hippo

very interesting!!! +rep

can you try to reduce the kill rateo?

1 problem with your mod so far, probably due to you not pre purchasing it, black watch dont fire by rank.
    Anyway i know theres already a few requests but id like everything else in your mod except fire by rank, ive really started to like the each man for himself thing after the first volley, plus i cant imagine the ai using this fire by rank too well anyway since they like to move about alot.

Well done m8! I was looking for something like that. Keep on work

Just a couple of questions if you plz:

1) Does the ai use fire by rank?
    2) What about special units coming from imperial edition?
    3) Could you also re-activate "volley fire" for line infantry?
    Last edited by T-Duke; March 02, 2010 at 04:55 AM.

Could you upload this to Strategy Informer? http://www.strategyinformer.com/mods/

DeaDBolT's Avatar Decanus

Dogmeat, you are definitely one of my heroes, i had grown bored allready of NTW's arcade style gameplay and its a shame we dont have Darthmod in this situation.

But thanks to you i can go back to playing NTW and ill eagerly be awaiting your next releases and updates.

+rep, well deserved.

Cheers,
    "Opinions that come forth out of prejudice and lack of knowledge are always defended most fiercely, often with violence" Unknown (with additions by myself)

Proud to be Dutch.
    A proud member of S.I.N.

Something i said made sense? +rep me to +rep you.

DarthMod@Twitter (NEW!)
    Call to arms! An army of 5.000 is needed.

Dogmeat you had to do it again Awesome work mate, i really love the rank and fire drill, it seems to work much better than in etw, i wonder why they removed it. I also love your tyrants tweak to the campaign, make things much more interesting. Im looking forward to the nex updates

so the fire by rank works? " no more 1 line shoots 4 line dies?"

Enjoying the gameplay changes Dogmeat, if I could give a few suggestions though:

• Irregulars are currently given rank fire as a class, I would take it away from them. I can't name any irregular units off the top of my head, but my hunch is that any that may exist probably shouldn't have rank firing drill
    • I would take rank fire away from Grenadiers. Their smaller unit size means that they'll take more casualties in firing-duels, and that could mean a lot of time wasted and lives lost waiting to organize into formation. This would keep Grenadiers as a special sort of troop (beyond just superior melee), as they would be very quick to fire (not needing everyone in position). Hypothetically this would work best for their shock troop nature, as you could briefly have them stop before an enemy, fire, and then charge in.
    • I am not certain if some of the French units (The National Guard & Militia) have rank fire, but if either of those two do I would remove it from them.

Quick late nite post (srry for it brevity il answer more feedback in the morn.....)

Hello Brucefalo and Ahiga srry for my sudden departure (long story).......

Thnx Very Much much peeps for feedback, im sorta in my first real campaign atm so accumulating info as i go,

those suggestions sound right on AHiga, atm i just gave any unit with FAA rank fire instead (unless maybe i paste 1 too many lines) Il have a closer look after a few more battles...The idea for Grenadiers and iregulars sounds good, im yet to try and see if mass fire works for iregulars at the present fixed spacing.

Combat tweaking is a bit hard without Unit and projectile tables but it a good way to invent new ways of doing stuff i suppose.

Brucefalo glad the small tyrant tweaks are up to standard hehe, and sure il be updating Britain needs to sffer a bit from industrialistion....

Remember totally open source mod feel free to tweak and experiment to your hearts delight....

Quick Poll Grennades on or OFF for next version.... i forgot this aint a democracy 'joke'
    Last edited by Dogmeat; March 02, 2010 at 08:55 AM.

This is really the business Dogmeat! Seriously! Just had a game and really like the result.

Moopere

Thoragoros's Avatar Citizen

Could you make a version where you simply remove Fire and Advance without replacing it with Rank Fire?
    Founder of The Great War - A WWI Mod, Creator of Thorized - Napoleon: Total Combat

Where Gods Walk Among Men
    The Line of Thor
    Patron of: Bethencourt, Hip63, m_1512

Under the Patronage of Captain Blackadder, Member of the Legion of Rahl.

Ducenarius

Very great mod. So far I love all the individual components. IS made ETW from crap to amazing, hope your project here becomes a complete elevation of NTW as well.

Personally I'd like to see Grenades left in, that was the one thing that bothered me about IS for ETW. Granted I understood the principle and reasoning behind it, but I still think it just blands out Grenadier Regs.

With Grenadier regs so small and it taking decent amount of time to reload the grenades I'd think it somewhat balances itself out so that Grenadiers can't get off too many throws. Between their first throw and reloading to go at a 2nd throw they'd take huge casualities so it seems to me to even itself out in a fair trade off.
    The scribes on all the people shove
    And bawl allegiance to the state,
    But they who love the greater love
    Lay down their life; they do not hate

Domesticus
    Artifex

Wow, it's released today and it has even 100 downloads!

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...14#post6874514

why don't merge your efforts? double rank fire would be great in your mod

Page 1 of 24 1234567891011 ... LastLast