Thread: How to avoid dishonouring treaties penalty

Default How to avoid dishonouring treaties penalty

I'm playing as Russia and have a mission for Finland. I paid all of Sweden's allies to drop them. I canceled all my agreements with Sweden and even then when I declare war I get the dishonoring treaties penalties.

Anyone know how to avoid it?

Default Re: How to avoid dishonouring treaties penalty

i believe you must wait atleast 1 turn before declaring war, did you do so?

Its been 3 turns since I broke everything with Sweden. I can't wait 3 turns after everyone else has because after 1 turn several of them reform the alliance.

Gunodd's Avatar Semisalis

If you're playing as Russia, I believe the problem is that Sweden won't cancel your military access. Just take Finland anyway, you're Russia - who cares what petty nations think? The penalty won't do much and drops over time.

It minus 100 diplomatic points accross the nations, pretty serious penalty if you ask me. Each turn the penalty is reduce 1 point, so to regain other nations' trust you would need like ..8 years.

Good news is that newly created nations (ie. your protectorates) after the original betrayal incident wont know that you were a dishonorable ally!

To avoid it, just declare war on some ally of Sweden and hope they join in(add the odds by pissing them off in any way possible, pretend to be weak etc). Since you didn't directly attack them, you won't get the penalty.