Thread: Mass effect blue screen

Default Mass effect blue screen

i have bought Mass Effect yesterday and i have been playing it since with no crashes and with a very good fps and i am already loving the game but today i tried to start the game and before the Bioware logo it appeared a blue screen and restarted my computer, now every attempt to play it the blue screen shows up, i have installed Windows service pack 3 and the latest nvidia driver but still i cant play it, i am suicidal over here people, i have found some people getting it to work by downgrading its driver to older ones but i dont want to do that, so how do i fix it?

thanks alot in advance
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

-Plutarch, life of Demetrius.

Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR

Jaketh's Avatar Praeses

Default Re: Mass effect blue screen

we need the bluescreen error, and this should be posted in The Basement not the circus maximus

Since its related to a bioware game i posted here....
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

Jaketh's Avatar Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfburk View Post
    Since its related to a bioware game i posted here....
    yeah but everyone here doesnt know jack about computers, me and the people in The Basement will know whats causing the error once you tell me what the bluescreen error is
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8

well ... it worked today, restarted to make sure it was working and it is .... i am loving it so much, best rpg campaign i ever played

The Dude's Avatar Praeses
    I hate it when forums display your location. Now I have to be original.

and you haven't even started mass effect 2 yet
    I have approximate answers and possible beliefs, and different degrees of certainty about different things, but I’m not absolutely sure of anything, and many things I don’t know anything about. But I don’t have to know an answer. I don’t feel frightened by not knowing.
    - Richard Feynman's words. My atheism.

i am going to buy it on steam aswell when i finish this one, with the hopes my computer can handle it

Don't worry about that - if ME1 runs on your computer, so should ME2. Despite the noticeable improvements in the graphics department it actually seems to run better then ME1 as far as I can tell (relative to the better graphics of course).

great then!

turn your audio from hardware to software

Hopit's Avatar Praepositus

I have had first mass effect 5 days now and allready over 40 hours in game

Quote Originally Posted by SgtScooter View Post
    If you went to the Skyrim forums you'll see a lot posts about how it's somehow been watered down and hampered by money men making the decisions. Fact is, it's a great game and people still complain. It's the same thing as the TW franchise.

i am on my third playthrough, just started it, and still i havent won the ''complete the majority of the game'' medal, i will try to go to all planets and do everything now!