Thread: Failure to join game. Host not responding.

Default Failure to join game. Host not responding.

Anyone else having this problem? It doens't occur all the time, only some of the time.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

-Tibbetts
    Last edited by General Tibbetts; March 01, 2010 at 03:17 PM.
    "No dictator... No invader... Can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the Universe, than the need for freedom. Against that power, governments, and tyrants, and armies, cannot stand. Though it take a Thousand Years. We. Will. Be. Free." -- Citizen G'Kar, Babylon 5

MyForums | MyYouTube
    |

{GODS}Scipio_Africanus's Avatar Ordinarius
    IN MOUNT OLYMPUS, heaven, hades and valhalla.

Default Re: Failure to join game. Host not responding.

I have had this problem since Empire and I wasn't even able to play online on Rome or M2TW for some reason... It's not new. All I know is that it has something to do with the router, some people's routers are more strict on what they let in... Something to do with UPnP I think... Anyways, the only solution is not really a good solution at all. Get you and your friends to download Hamachi and make a network and get all your friends to join your existing network, now you will be able to join all of their hosted games but no1 that doesnt have hamachi on and isnt in your network. If you want to completely fix the problem, look it up. I have tried this before countless times but I am not so good with computers so maybe you could find a solution. Tell me if you do lol.

I've been looking. I'm trying to add ports to allow the games. So, hopefully, that'll work.

Regards,

-Tibbetts
    "No dictator... No invader... Can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the Universe, than the need for freedom. Against that power, governments, and tyrants, and armies, cannot stand. Though it take a Thousand Years. We. Will. Be. Free." -- Citizen G'Kar, Babylon 5

MyForums | MyYouTube
    |

I have a buddy who has that prob, can join maybe only 15% of games? Makes no sense rofl because he can play any other game in existance online except ETW/NTW.

{GODS}Scipio_Africanus's Avatar Ordinarius
    IN MOUNT OLYMPUS, heaven, hades and valhalla.

I tried the port forwarding thing once before but never found a specified ETW port, maybe NTW will be different. I also tried portforwarding steam lol..

Quote Originally Posted by Docbroc View Post
    I have a buddy who has that prob, can join maybe only 15% of games? Makes no sense rofl because he can play any other game in existance online except ETW/NTW.
    Yeah, I know what you mean. I can play ETW, Counter-Strike: Source, Day of Defeat: Source, Left 4 Dead 1 + 2 just dandy. But you try to play RTW, or NTW online and it's tough with some people. RTW I can't play online at all, which sucks, because it was something I was looking forward to. NTW I can play about 3/4 of battles, but trying to enter a friend of mine's room - he's from Norway - and it's impossible now.

Funny thing is, just the day before I was able to join his room and play a battle. How weird is that?

Quote Originally Posted by GODS CLAN SECOND View Post
    I tried the port forwarding thing once before but never found a specified ETW port, maybe NTW will be different. I also tried portforwarding steam lol..
    I looked for ports for NTW and didn't find any. So I'm assuming they are using the same ones that ETW uses.

Regards,

-Tibbetts

MyForums | MyYouTube
    |