Page 7 of 41 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast

Thread: [NTW AAR] Liberation, A British AAR.

LuckyLewis's Avatar Loutre
    Content Emeritus

Default Re: [NTW AAR] Liberation, A British AAR.

Quote Originally Posted by Erik3E View Post
    Awsome man!

Noticed something tho "January 1810 - Part 16 - A Struggling Settlement" you whent back a whole year

Keep it comming!
    Fixed.

Thanks
    Muh signature is so out of date all muh pictures died.

Mueller's Avatar Foederatus

Holy ****! Look at those Spanish armies! Best take Paris before they do!

Dynamo11's Avatar Domesticus

Gotta love that "death of" picture!

looking good!

Legio's Avatar EMPRESS OF ALL THINGS
    Content Emeritus

i love this aar

Content Emeritus

Thanks chaps.

Smaller update today.

In reference to: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=337275

New Update

LIBERATION
    Europe at the end of January 1811

February 1811 - Part 17 - The Bombardment of Hessen

With the long-awaited liberation of Hannover a success, The Duke of Wellington and his men have diverted south, to the settlement of Hesse-Kassel, which has unfortunately been under the occupied by the French for many years. Now with other former French states free from Napoleon's regime, it is time for the Electorate of Hesse-Kassel to be re-established and the liberated to continue further eastwards in order to continue the damage Napoleon Empire's efforts and bring the balance of power back.

- The Battle of Hesse-Kassel 1811

Bernard de Sechelles and a 4500 man French garrison take position within the streets of Kassel as Wellington approaches from the North as the sun settles late afternoon within the wintery February. British Howitzers bombard the French Position as the men of line advance on the French defensive positions, which included a regiment of the legendary Polish Legion.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

The settlement was within ruins, buildings ablaze, collapsing under the bombardment of cannon fire as bodies lay within the narrow streets of Kassel. Bernard, falling to the ground as he attempted to flee the battle under a cloud of musket flashes and fire. Wellington was victorious and the Electorate of Hesse-Kassel liberated and free once again, dealing yet another blow to the French Empire.

6 new states now lye in north-west Europe since the start of Wellington's campaign, the grand city of Brandenburg is now within reach of the coalition, although French offensives are still occuring within Westphalia, they must be aided if they are going to continue to survive. Nevertheless, an army has been raised in London, for the opening a new front, it won't be long until this army sets sail as a new fleet is raised from the Docks of Portsmouth.

To be continued.
    Last edited by LuckyLewis; April 12, 2011 at 02:12 PM.

Sweet as always!

Got a question, Is napoleon the only faction leeder that can be used as a general in war or is that possible with all faction leeders?

SirNat's Avatar Libertus

Nice updates u r going at real speed which is nice.
    @ERIK3E
    Yep Napoleon is the only leader u can fight with as a soldier in war, Willam Pitt would never be able to fight a battle.

♔GrinningManiac♔'s Avatar Centenarius

What unit sizes/mods do you use?

Epic and well-told, with startlingly beautiful pictures. Do you watch replays and find the cool things, or do you find them whilst you play?

Content Emeritus

Thanks guys, especially those of you who have continued to comment from the start, it's really motivating

Quote Originally Posted by ♔GrinningManiac♔ View Post
    What unit sizes/mods do you use?

Epic and well-told, with startlingly beautiful pictures. Do you watch replays and find the cool things, or do you find them whilst you play?
    I've edited the preference file myself to double the ultra unit size, so line infantry are up to 320 men per unit on my campaign. I also just recently got myself the Additional Units Mod and Radious Sound mod. Although none of my update have yet to include any new units from AUM, you should be seeing some soon, just so my battles look more varied with different units such as the Coldstream Guards or Royal British Fusiliers included in the mod.

Nanny de Bodemloze's Avatar Treason is just dates
    Artifex

I find the amount of urban fighting in your AAR interesting...makes for good pics and varies up the story nicely, but I find that I rarely end up in the cities in my campaigns. hmmm

Anyways, waiting eagerly for the next installment!

Nanny

how are your finances looking? Curious to know since your not annexing any territory

Protestant Knight's Avatar Centenarius

I no you have a life man but this is the best AAR I have ever read cant what for the next post

Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by The Nanny View Post
    I find the amount of urban fighting in your AAR interesting...makes for good pics and varies up the story nicely, but I find that I rarely end up in the cities in my campaigns. hmmm

Anyways, waiting eagerly for the next installment!

Nanny
    Thanks Nanny! I'm usually the same, although I've just experienced quite a few urban battles recently, quite fun fighting in the streets.

Quote Originally Posted by myrmedon View Post
    how are your finances looking? Curious to know since your not annexing any territory
    My Finances are pretty good, i'm getting a fair few 1000s in terms of income each term, and I have nice amount in my treasury, so all is well. The reason i'm not annexing any territory is because the whole idea of the AAR is to liberate Europe, not take it for myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Pentecostal Knight View Post
    I no you have a life man but this is the best AAR I have ever read cant what for the next post
    Thanks , Sorry for the lack of recent updates, hopefully this one will make up for it, it's quite a big update with the second battle being epic.

Note to all: Second battle is image heavy

In reference to: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=337275

New Update

LIBERATION
    Europe at the end of February 1811

February 1811 - Part 18 - A Winter Worry

With Hesse-Kassel free and secured of the French Empire's regime earlier in the month by the Duke of Wellington and his men, Cleves, a city of the Kingdom of Westphalia has been under constant attacks by the French Empire, limiting it's right to prosper unlike the other neighbouring liberated nations such as those in the Netherlands or Oldenburg. Augste Barret, A French General originating from Paris has begun a siege of the city, similarly to the sieges and battles of last year. Barret, and his 2500 man strong army approached in early January, with the Westphalian forces unable to push his superior force back into the French Lands. This has lead to starvation, demoralization, and illness to swiftly move through the settlement of Cleves.

- The Siege of Cleves Part II 1811

Winfreid Selig, The General of those tasked with the defence of Cleves have decided that they must face the powerful French force under the command of Augste Barret, the siege must be broken. Selig sent his small cavalry to face the opposing force while British Reinforcements arrive from the North East in hopefully the last battle of this dreadful winter.

French Grenadiers threw grenades at the British Line, causing devastating damage and demoralizing explosions. Nevertheless, the Anglo-Westphalian forces managed to maintain their lines, as the Westphalia's army demonstrated their newly found courage and discipline in a fierce cavalry battle on the left flank as canister shots shattered the British Lines. After the routing of the French Cavalry, it wasn't long before General Auguste Barret fell himself on the snow-bound fields in the outskirts of Cleves. His army was surrounded and routed under heavy musket fire from the British lines, ensuring Westphalia's independence once more.

March 1811 - Part 19 - The Coldstream Regiment

Since the second Battle of Cleves, it is important that we secure Westphalia once and for all as their settlements lye devastated, armies demoralized and starving. The push of the French Empire away from their borders will allow the City of Cleves to finally prosper in peace. The Duke of Wellington gathered his army and moved further south outside the recently liberated Hesse-Kassel, heading towards Stuttgart in Württemberg, hopefully liberating new land in the process.

- The Battle of Stuttgart 1811

The Snow had finally melted as Wellington and his men headed into former Württemberg lands, the garrison of Stuttgart, some 4000 men under Jean Victor Marie Moreau approached Wellington in order to meet him on the outskirts of the city itself. The British Forces observing Moreau's move, quickly took positions in the surrounding buildings, awaiting the counter-offensive by the French army.

French Cannons bombarded the British lines, severely weakening the right flank of Dutch regiments as the Cannons balls shattered through the men. A French line formed, under heavy fire from the British howitzers, and advanced towards Wellington's position. Meanwhile, French forces had begun to attack those in the small settlement to the left of the British army, several units of Highlanders and Line Infantry bravely held back the much superior French force, taking position within the narrow streets and surrounding farmhouses. However, the French Young Guard and several dragoons continued to fire upon the British deployed within the settlement, leading to the massacre of some 100 men in a small farmhouse to the far left. The British lines were breached, Line Infantry fled, leading to the 40th Foot Infantry only remaining standing and opposing Moreau's army next to the settlement's church.

As the battle continued in the open fields further right of Wellington's army, The 1st Cold Stream Grenadiers, quickly mobilised and adjusted their position in order to help the struggling 40th Foot Infantry. The Cold Stream Grenadiers charged dramatically into the French Lines, reinforcing the British position, leading to the retreat of the entire French Army from the battlefield, all due to the decisive charge by the Cold Stream Regiment. If they had failed, the British right flank would have been destroyed, opening a massive hole in the Wellington's army, and perhaps even defeat.

With Moreau's army defeated, the small garrison left standing in Stuttgart reasonably surrendered, leading to the establishment of the new liberated state of Württemberg, and securing Cleves.

- The New Fleet sets sail

A new army and fleet has been raised on the southern shores of the British Isles, and has recently left the docks of Portmouths, heading for Southern Russia in order to open a new front and oppose the French allies of the Ottoman Empire, whom defeated the Austrians in 1808.

To be continued.
    Last edited by LuckyLewis; March 17, 2010 at 01:14 PM.

AAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWSSSSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM! Wonderful as always!

Love IT!

SirNat's Avatar Libertus

Nice update and really looking forward to that new front in the crimea. Do u know who is commanding the army?
    I think it's time to strike at the beating heart of the France- Paris and rip it out be4 Spain can devour it. so then u can bring the full might of the british armies on marching Eastwards.

Content Emeritus

Thanks SirNat and Erik3E.

SirNat, I'll go more in depth about the army tasked with the new front opening in my next update, and we shall see about Paris

Luckylewis, thank you very much for this very entertaining thread. I have enjoyed reading it the last couple of days and am looking forward to your future battles!

I've just read these seven pages and all I can say is... Wow! You've got a great campaign going there. I think I might try the same, leaving France to develop itself first then storming in. Excellent AAR, sir, +rep for this!