Page 5 of 41 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast

Thread: [NTW AAR] Liberation, A British AAR.

Master of Times's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: [NTW AAR] Liberation, A British AAR.

awaiting next update...

LuckyLewis's Avatar Loutre
    Content Emeritus

Sorry, I didnt do one yesterday, didnt get round to it. This one is quite basic though, as I didnt have as much time to write it.

In reference to: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=337275

New Update

LIBERATION
    Europe at the end of September 1810

October 1810 - Part 10 - The Coalition's Wall

Due to the wounding of Wellington, and the retreating of his army from the Weser River, this has lead to the French concentrating their forces in the recapture and occupation of Cleves, the capital of Westphalia, one of the liberated nations in North West Europe. Maximillen Aglionby, is the first of the French Empire to take advantage of Wellington's absence and has sent his army into Westphalia's territory where he faces a few regiments of British soldiers and Westphalia's army under the command of Leon Jung, whose army is much more experienced, disciplined and larger than those who fought in the Battle for Westphalia in March.

- The Siege of Cleves 1810

Leon Jung's men with his famed Green Hussars of Westphalia will attempt to hold the French at bay until the British reinforcements arrive from the north east, when the armies of the coalition can drive the French out of Westphalia.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Leon Jung demonstrated his ability to lead his men into battle, and the Westphalia army were certainly the heroes in this battle such as the Green Hussars charge into the flank of the French Young Guard, saving various British lives. Nevertheless, Leon Jung perished in battle under French cannon fire yet it was still a splendid victory for the Anglo-Westphalian forces, and will certainly make the French forces deployed in occupied Germany to think twice about invading again, especially considering Wellington is due to return to the front soon.

Westphalia was not the only site of the French invasion to regain their lost lands in the north-west, another small British regiment, and an army from Brussels was intercepted by a French army of General Jean-Baptise Bessieres originating from Paris. This would be the first battle from both Belgium and Britain against the French with the Belgian general, Klass Vedder taking command.

- The Battle for Belgium 1810

Under the heavy October rain, Klass Vedder, his army and the British advanced on French position in the sparse forestland as French cannons blazed across the horizon.

Along with heavy casualties, Both Thonius Van Curen, who lead the British into battle in Belgium and Klass Vedder fell in battle due to the French offensive, severely weakening Belgium's military capabilities. Despite the deaths of these successful generals, The Belgians and the British regiment managed to hold and cut off the French attempts of occupying Brussels, leading to General Jean-Baptise Bessieres fleeing the battle.

- Wellington Returns

Wellington, along with a fresh army has landed back on the European Mainland, just outside the city of Amsterdam, from which he shall head back to the front line in order to lead the coalition across the Weser River, into Hannover and liberate the German States, causing a severe blow to Napoleon's ambitions.

However, all is not so well in the Coalition's lands, along with the battles in Westphalia and Belgium, the French have besieged Caen yet again, will Alexander Mercer be able to hold back the French invading force again?

To be continued.
    Muh signature is so out of date all muh pictures died.

that cliffhangar was cruel!

Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by myrmedon View Post
    that cliffhangar was cruel!

Thanks for commenting myrmedon,

I really regret occupying Caen now, I have a feeling im going to have 100s of battles there.

On the otherhand though, I'm really enjoying fighting with my allies, something I never really experienced in Empire.

Mueller's Avatar Foederatus

Awesome update! I have yet to fight a battle with an ally in it; hopefully I will get to soon!

Dave Strider's Avatar Dux Limitis

I don't even have Napoleon yet....
    when the union's inspiration through the worker's blood shall run,
    there can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun,
    yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one?
    but the union makes us strong.

DukeCanada's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Frederick II View Post
    I don't even have Napoleon yet....

Right there with you buddy .

I need a new graphics card and 2 gigs of ram, then im good to go
    Rome Total Realism Public Relations Representative

"We saved so much money on toilet paper" - Remlap, after giving advice on proper wiping technique.

Awsome! Think I am an adict of this AAR and I am defently craving a new dose!

Dont know if you are playing it as you go or if you already played it but wold sure be cool if you built a desent sise navy and took an army or 2 with you to take on the french back in russia make it a 2 front war for the French

Yes, this AAR is single handedly convincing me to get N:TW.

AAR's always get me.
    Para Todos Todo, Para Nosotros Nada. - Subcommandante Marcos
    I have never let my schooling interfere with my education. - Mark Twain

Content Emeritus

Thanks chaps, I certainly recommend buying NTW.

Quote Originally Posted by Erik3E View Post
    Awsome! Think I am an adict of this AAR and I am defently craving a new dose!

Dont know if you are playing it as you go or if you already played it but wold sure be cool if you built a desent sise navy and took an army or 2 with you to take on the french back in russia make it a 2 front war for the French
    Thanks, Erik3E

and good suggestion sir, Perhaps I shall do that soon.

Lewis.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyphon88 View Post
    Yes, this AAR is single handedly convincing me to get N:TW.

AAR's always get me.
    I woldent agree with you on that, still doubtful at buying NTW as I have no longer and trust for CA.

Takes time to build upp a new one.

Quote Originally Posted by Luckylewis View Post
    Thanks chaps, I certainly recommend buying NTW.

Thanks, Erik3E

and good suggestion sir, Perhaps I shall do that soon.

Lewis.
    Cool

BTW did you say Ottomans where alied to France? If so then that might be the best way for a first landing?
    Last edited by Erik3E; March 09, 2010 at 07:45 AM.

SirNat's Avatar Libertus

Nice German update
    Those battles with ur allies seem epic
    im guessing ur contiental armies have been hit pretty hard.
    @ERIK3E
    Even if u have lost trust with CA ur not going find many games on the same scale as NTW/ETW
    And how have u lost there trust, they have only made minor blips which can be sorted out patches and as to the battle AI i do recognise it's pretty budget but they have least made an effort to make it better and its VERY VERY hard to make the AI without giving them amazing bonuses. So i disagree with u

Content Emeritus

The first part of this update is based in October again, as it was during Wellington's return.

Thanks everyone again, I really appreciate it and keeps me motivated to do more. I recommend NTW myself, although I can understand that some of you may not want to.

In reference to: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=337275

New Update

LIBERATION
    Europe at the end of September 1810

October 1810 - Part 11 - A Lucky Landing

Peyton Fitzgerald, admiral of a small fleet tasked with returning the Duke of Wellington and his army back to the European mainland from the White Cliffs of Dover recently disembarked Wellington's men off the coast of friendly Netherlands. During the disembarkment however, Louis Thomas Beaumarchais assaulted Peyton's fleet. With Wellington's forces on Dutch soil, Peyton turned his limited fleet around to face the much stronger French fleet close to Haarlem.

- The Battle of Haarlem 1810

Peyton's fleet approached Beaumarchais' with the wind in his favour. However, his fleet is still not repaired from the Battle of the Bay of Biscay, when it was commanded by the brave Admiral Nelson, who perished in battle. Will Peyton Fitzgerald share the same unfortunate fate?

Despite the efforts of Peyton, he perished along with his already damaged fleet, there were simply too much French guns, and unable to keep up the fire, it resulted in the sinking of the British Fleet. Nevertheless, his sacrifice had secured Wellington's disembarkment onto the European Mainland, allowing his army to move eastward once again, and hopefully push the French back from Hannover, securing the Oldenburg and Danish borders.

November 1810 - Part 12 - Mercer's Fort

While the liberated states of the North-west and recently returned Duke of Wellington are continuing to hold and eventually push the French back into the former German States, Caen has been besieged yet again by the forces of Napoleon, with a new army under the command of General Jean-Gabriel Marchand arriving outside the city itself in the wintery white blanket of early November snow and ice. Alexander Mercer, the liberator of Brittany and occupier of Caen, must lead his forces to victory and ensure Normandy does not fall into the French hands again, as the location of Caen is a strategic location, making the possibility of an invasion of the British isles much more difficult for the French, and ensuring that British forces can be concentrated on the mainland, instead of being instructed with the task of defending London from French Naval invasions.

- The Siege of Caen

Alexander Mercer deployed the majority of his forces outside the fort in the fresh Caen snow, with armed citizenry garrisoned inside the fort, taking control of the cannons upon its mighty walls to lay down fire at the advancing French foes.

Alexander Mercer managed to hold the French assault, leading to the defeat and death of General Jean-Gabriel Marchand after a hail of musket fire hit the French General from the left flank of his army. The French army was broken, but still was able to do substantial damage to the Fort of Caen itself, weakening the defensive aspects of Mercer's position in Caen, and it's almost certain that the French will be back again within weeks, due to the border Mercer holds with Paris itself. There is no hope of an advancement into French lands from Caen, A new front must be opened. Russia.

To be continued.
    Last edited by LuckyLewis; March 09, 2010 at 01:58 PM.

DukeCanada's Avatar Domesticus

Russia is potentially bad, why? How the heck will you resupply your armies out there? The Russian winter is also very harsh on your men...
    Rome Total Realism Public Relations Representative

"We saved so much money on toilet paper" - Remlap, after giving advice on proper wiping technique.

Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by DukeCanada View Post
    Russia is potentially bad, why? How the heck will you resupply your armies out there? The Russian winter is also very harsh on your men...
    Please do read this as more of a story, instead of how you would play the game yourself.

I know the attrition effects Russia has, but it would be nice to have a change of scenery. I know perhaps Italy or Greece would be better options, although I do plan on landing in Southern Russia anyway so Winter shouldn't be all that bad. I should be able to resupply my armies out there as long as I bring a capable army along with me, establish supply nodes in the region itself and last out the winter, second of all, it gives me that footstep I need so I can expand from Southern Russia into Ottoman lands.

I say go for it, going to need lots of naval power for this expansion. Are you planning to liberate any of the Balkans?

Nanny de Bodemloze's Avatar Treason is just dates
    Artifex

Attack Russia??!!!!? My thoughts HERE

go for it! sounds like fun!

Nanny

I love that ending.

Leads on perfectly to the next update. Good luck with that, make sure you have a big fleet - it can take a good 6/7 turns to sail to Russia...

Content Emeritus

Thanks for the luck, chaps.

Nanny, I actually lol'd a little. haha.

Quote Originally Posted by SirNat View Post
    @ERIK3E
    Even if u have lost trust with CA ur not going find many games on the same scale as NTW/ETW
    And how have u lost there trust, they have only made minor blips which can be sorted out patches and as to the battle AI i do recognise it's pretty budget but they have least made an effort to make it better and its VERY VERY hard to make the AI without giving them amazing bonuses. So i disagree with u
    Hehe, yea I love the games mostly thanks to all the mods that fix the game where CA dont and I love history and there are no better history games like this out there (still that sholdent meen they can do what they whant without conceqenses)... but why I lost my trust got more to do with how they marketed ETW. First came ETW vanilla then Warpath (if I remember corectly?) It was obviusly planed that warpath wold have more american regions as CA left some big areas open in the vanilla probably just so peapel wold buy Warpath, then we got the 1st DLC then numero 2 and then the third. Not only are the DLC destroying our beutiful modding comunity but CA said themsellfs that it wold be realy easy to mod the game and that turned out false. So my trust is down becous of there marketing and that they are lying right in our faces probably just to gett us to buy the game. (I have also worked as a salesman so I know what tricks they are using, dident stay there long tho as I dont like...I shold say never lie. And thats why I am unemployed right now ).

Still I havent decided if im going to buy it or not, I will wait a cuple of months and see what peapeal think of NTW then(as far as I can tell peapel are starting to gett tired of it already),

"BLIP"

Hope that answered your question

@Luckylewis

Keep it up man! Looking good
    Last edited by Erik3E; March 11, 2010 at 02:37 PM.