Page 3 of 41 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast

Thread: [NTW AAR] Liberation, A British AAR.

Default Re: [NTW] Liberation, A British AAR.

This is quite awesome. I am very interested to see just how powerful France is in your campaign or whether they just over spread a lot and don't have the power to back it up.

LuckyLewis's Avatar Loutre
    Content Emeritus

Thanks chaps, much appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by Abdul'Allah View Post
    This is quite awesome. I am very interested to see just how powerful France is in your campaign or whether they just over spread a lot and don't have the power to back it up.
    I'm pretty sure they're just generally powerful, at least from what I can see, every single neighbouring french region has a full stack within it and their prestige ranking is massive.
    Last edited by LuckyLewis; March 04, 2010 at 05:39 PM.
    Muh signature is so out of date all muh pictures died.

IronBrig4's Avatar Good Matey

Very cool AAR. But maybe it could perhaps be a bit more... Dufferish?

Under the patronage of Cpl_Hicks

Any idea when the next update is? I simply love this AAR. So well laid out. I also liked the way you ended the last update with that pic of the Spanish-French border. Set things up nicely for the next one.

Keep it up, old boy.

I have a question do you have any domination over the seas because by now I would expect the French Navy to be filled with Ironclads, and 122 gun 1st rates. It would be nice to see some epic see battle...

Content Emeritus

Sorry for the late update today, busy day.

In reference to: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=337275

New Update

LIBERATION
    Europe at the end of May 1810

June 1810 - Part 5 - The Weser River

After several months of replenishment, recruitment, and the gathering of supplies in Oldenburg, Arthur Wellesley and his men head eastward deeper into the French-occupied German states. However, Wellington's plan of success in the east had come to stop, as the French General Auguste Lefevre opposes British advancement along the Bridge of the Weser River. With the only bridges in Hessen, heaily fortified, Wellington's best bet of advancing further into French land lies before them.

- The Battle for the Weser River 1810

The Battle for the strategic Weser River had begun, Cannon fire blazed across the river as Wellington's army blitzed across the river.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Auguste Lefevre's defence had been breached as he fled the battle, leaving the highly strategic location to the British forces, this victory did not go without severe casualties however, The 42nd Black Watch was almost perished entirely as the first to cross the River Weser.

Wellington remained at the River Weser Crossing due to Hannover's heavily French fortified position in the east, which would be disastrous for his army, whom suffered many casualties securing the position itself. The Duke of Wellington must wait, at least until the strategic position can be reinforced and his army resupplied. However, this move resulted in powerful French counter-attack in order to re-establish the location under French authority.

- The Battle for the Weser River Part II 1810

Wellington and his men deployed at the two river crossings in order to stop the French from securing the River Weser, if this battle were to be lost and Wellington was to be defeated, the relatively weak new states will be open to French Oppression yet again.

Wellington and his men managed to hold back the French Offensive, yet only just. Wellington's army now devastated, will likely have to withdraw from the Bridge back into Oldenburg unless it can reinforced quickly, which is made more difficult considering the bridge is within French Territory. An advancement further into German seems to be getting further away from Wellington's grasp and liberating Hannover in the near months is certainly less of a possibility. Nevertheless, A small army of Westphalia has secured another bridge downriver with a small army, which will certainly help the Duke's position.

News from Iberia

There has been a turn in favour on the French-Spanish front, leading to regaining their former land and occupying Southern French regions, they now share a border with Paris itself! However, it is uncertain if they will be able to hold on to their new lands, yet this is yet another blow to Napoleon's empire back home in Western Europe.

A new front to be opened

A new British army has landed upon the shores of Brittany in an attempt to distinguish any French hopes of repeating an invasion of the British isles, but also to further surround the city of Paris, and to help the Spanish-Portuguese efforts directly.

To be continued.
    Last edited by LuckyLewis; March 06, 2010 at 07:41 AM.

Content Emeritus

Thanks everyone again, I really appreciate it, and the comments are what keep me updating these. I know my writing skills are no where near as good as most other AARs but I hope I compensate it with the pictures

Quote Originally Posted by xxoverlordxx View Post
    I have a question do you have any domination over the seas because by now I would expect the French Navy to be filled with Ironclads, and 122 gun 1st rates. It would be nice to see some epic see battle...
    Well, considering I blockade all French ports directly across the channel, the Spanish being my allies stopping the French down south, while the Scandinavians do the same in the Baltic Sea, we dominate the seas, However the true power of this French Empire does not live among the waves, but in central Europe I'd say.

I didn't mention although the Spanish are my allies, they still see my as Hostile on the relations, it seems we are only related by a common enemy, nothing more, so if you take that hint, we may see some naval battles soon.
    Last edited by LuckyLewis; March 04, 2010 at 05:40 PM.

I didn't mention although the Spanish are my allies, they still see my as Hostile on the relations, it seems we are only related by a common enemy, nothing more, so if you take that hint, we may see some naval battles soon. [/QUOTE]

Battle of Trafalgar? I can see it now Horatio Nelson sails East to discontinue Ottoman trade. But Spanish relations have broken down and the Spanish and the French have established alliance and the Franco-Spanish fleet sails to Trafalgar to stop Horatio's movements. EPIC!!!

B-DizL's Avatar TGW Lead Modeller
    Patrician

Wow man those screenshots are brilliant!

Would it be possible to do a basic narration of the battles with the screens incorporated into the description to give context, those screens are just so great id like to have more of a sense of the battle for reference to what we're seeing in the screens.

Keep up the good work

Master of Times's Avatar Libertus

another perfect update!!

but i hope Portugal help the coalition too :\

I really love the screenshot style. It's very comic book style and hints at all the action going on in the battle. Maybe because I prefer the campaign parts of AARs, but either way looks good! :thup:
    Para Todos Todo, Para Nosotros Nada. - Subcommandante Marcos
    I have never let my schooling interfere with my education. - Mark Twain

Beggar's Avatar Decanus

I prefer much more detail in both battles and campaign in AARs and some kind of a story, but this is worth following just for the sake of seeing how you'll do with that challenge Therefore have some rep.

SirNat's Avatar Libertus

It seems paris has fallen and it also seems Spain are getting so big 4 there boots, Nelson may need to have a look around.
    @BDIZZLE356 thats a nice sig love that art work

Content Emeritus

Thanks guys, I know I'm not much of a writer of high standard unlike the rest of the great AARs around here, especially the ones below this topic. I just lack the creativity of writing, I definitely spend more time perfecting my screen-shots, rather than the writing itself, although I will attempt to write much more in future updates if that is what most of you wish.

Lewis

Big Pacha's Avatar Campidoctor

Well done pers. I'd like some battle pics (action!) featuring redcoats & all.

Napoleon doesn't seem very aggressive thou... what difficulty level do you use?

Also, a "historical" remark if you don't mind = IRH the "liberation" of Europe by Brits & their allies was pure propaganda & a big joke. It was only about defending old tyrants & eliminating a rising power with dangerous ideas (like "people have rights") by all means.
    There was no "liberation" of any nation.
    But then, you kept the british newspapers propaganda tone which is good + chose to really liberate countries in your campaign, so I get the Liberation title better now.

PS: any naval battles pics?

Nanny de Bodemloze's Avatar Treason is just dates
    Artifex

I like the variety...some people have a real talent for writing, others for visual art, some add humour...frankly, I like coming to this forum and seeing variety. I enjoy your story, but the main draw are the pictures. You have an eye for the 'money shot', and that's your style and you fill in the writing blanks with those visual images. I say stick with what you are good at, its what brings me back here.

cheers

Nanny

Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Big Pacha View Post
    Well done pers. I'd like some battle pics (action!) featuring redcoats & all.

Napoleon doesn't seem very aggressive thou... what difficulty level do you use?

Also, a "historical" remark if you don't mind = IRH the "liberation" of Europe by Brits & their allies was pure propaganda & a big joke. It was only about defending old tyrants & eliminating a rising power with dangerous ideas (like "people have rights") by all means.
    There was no "liberation" of any nation.
    But then, you kept the british newspapers propaganda tone which is good + chose to really liberate countries in your campaign, so I get the Liberation title better now.

PS: any naval battles pics?
    Thanks Sir

My Campaign is on Very Hard, Napoleon doesn't seem very aggressive probably due to the fact he is limited to where he can actually be aggressive now, if only I started this AAR earlier when Napoleon was steam-rolling through Europe and occasionally taking 3 regions per turn, it was quite a site.

Oh, and I'd thought I would mention that this AAR doesn't really have much of a historical basis at all, I really want to actually liberate the states, especially considering I don't like controlling massive empires myself. I suppose it's almost an alternative history if Napoleon were to defeat the Russians and most other European states in some ways, although my main aims are not the historical aspects. This is simply because I'd end up embarrassing myself and would have to be corrected all the time due to my lack of it. I know my AAR is different to most, and historical elements are probably one of the differences.

As for Naval battles, I mentioned above myself and my allies control the waves but I should still be weary of the Spanish, so maybe in the next few updates, we shall see some.

Quote Originally Posted by The Nanny View Post
    I like the variety...some people have a real talent for writing, others for visual art, some add humour...frankly, I like coming to this forum and seeing variety. I enjoy your story, but the main draw are the pictures. You have an eye for the 'money shot', and that's your style and you fill in the writing blanks with those visual images. I say stick with what you are good at, its what brings me back here.

cheers

Nanny

Thanks, Nanny!

Your AAR was a perfect example of high quality writing and you've got those impressive videos to top it all off.

Mueller's Avatar Foederatus

Great work and screenshots!

Dynamo11's Avatar Domesticus

Once again Luckylewis this AAR series is fantastic! Rarely have I seen AARs that bring me back for more and those that do are very special indeed......

I have a question is the battle difficulty and campaign difficulty all on very hard? Because holy if yes!