Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Ultimate Soundmod V3 *UPDATE4* [best Sounds in one pack!]

Tired of TWC Arrogance

Default Re: Ultimate Soundmod V3 *UPDATE3* [best Sounds in one pack!]

All,

While I like the addition of the injury sounds due to musket shots, I find the screams and moans a tad too much. So, I have taken the liberty of clipping out the over-the-top whaling and all the lingering groans and screams and left about 50% of the briefer "agh!" shouts as soldiers are hit by musketballs. That gives me the effect I want... which is enough yelping to show folks are getting hit, but gets rid of the somewhat gratuitous screams and groans that can wear on you after a while.

I'm happy to share it with others who might be interested but aware that it's based on this mod originator's efforts... so assume I should ask his agreement? Not sure he's still on these forums, though...

LochKopf's Avatar Libertus

Hey,

it's ok

i can upload this on page 1.

Tired of TWC Arrogance

Quote Originally Posted by LochKopf View Post
    Hey,

it's ok

i can upload this on page 1.
    Good to see you back!

OK then. Rather than mess with trying to create an alternative version of your mod, I have taken out and adapted the bullet hit and injury sounds as per my post above, and put them into a separate mod - which folks can load on top of yours if they want to. It's attached to this posting.

I use your mod's 'patch' version, and the attachment below works fine with it as a mod with the appropriate entry in the user.script - "Bullethits_mod1.pack"

I'll post it separately too, and have a link to your main mod here. What do you think, LochKopf old chap?
    Last edited by Pdguru; September 12, 2010 at 04:07 PM.

LochKopf's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: Ultimate Soundmod V3 *UPDATE4* [best Sounds in one pack!]

test it later

mattebubben's Avatar Senator

well i like every sound in this mod but the Musket sound is just sounds wrong =P hell i eaven think the Vanilla musket sounds are better!

Quote Originally Posted by mattebubben View Post
    well i like every sound in this mod but the Musket sound is just sounds wrong =P hell i eaven think the Vanilla musket sounds are better!

You have heard a musket before right???

mattebubben's Avatar Senator

ofc i have never heard 1 in Rl but movies empire other mods and vanilla and i think them all sound better im using this sound mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=367109 and i love it sounds awsome and its mp Compatible thats just my thought other then the musket this mod as awsome so good luck whit it =)

ive heard real muskets. they do pretty much sound like the "pop/farty" sound used in this mod. ive used the other sound mod as prvided by Radius and it does sort of sound better with a clanking noise which i suppose could be the percussion cap noise. but have to reiterate that ive heard a real musket and this mod uses a realistic musket noise...imo.

and thx for this mod
    Viva la France
    q9550|quad core enabled with CPU Control 2.1|GTX 480|6GB DDR2|Vista HP 64bit|BenQG2420

gaunty14's Avatar Vicarius

those rockets sound so cool....they remind me of katyusha rockets. Which is never a bad thing

+rep

"will help build battle station for food" - or rep

Hopefully someone will see this. I recently deleted my great war mod files, but I must have deleted somehing wrong because I now have no sound. I then downloaded this mod but I still have no sound. I never created a script file before so maybe I messed that up? Any help would be appreciated. To recap: Deleted sound file by accident. Downloaded this mod, but still no sound. May have messed up user script.

Quote Originally Posted by sg1fan93 View Post
    Hopefully someone will see this. I recently deleted my great war mod files, but I must have deleted somehing wrong because I now have no sound. I then downloaded this mod but I still have no sound. I never created a script file before so maybe I messed that up? Any help would be appreciated. To recap: Deleted sound file by accident. Downloaded this mod, but still no sound. May have messed up user script.
    check your user.script: C:\Documents and Settings\USER\Application Data\The Creative Assembly\Napoleon\scripts
    and delete whatever you find in there. maybe it helps.

is this mod compatible with the Mod manager?

Hey is there any difference between the pack and the mod file???

Pduguru has even made a mod to reduce the screaming and wailing sound from the soldierds during the battle. But even when I do not use his mod, I feel there is not too much of those wailing sound. I am using the pack file v3, and I wonder whether there is any difference bw the pack and the mod file??? Or can someone tell me what version that have the loudest wailing sound as Pduguru mentioned???

Hi.

Great compilation of sounds here, I'm using these and it works absolutely fine in multiplayer! Thank you!

I'm actually a sound modder myself and have made quite a few popular sound packs mainly for first person shooters.

I'm in the process of making a sound pack ofr NTW myself and I'm hoping someone could answer a couple of questions I have....

1. This sound mod worked by simply dropping the pack file into the data folder in NTW's directory. I didn't have to mess around with creating files in the AppData folder as per instructions on page 1. How did I get away with this?

2. When I try to pack my own sound mod using Pack File Manager v1.5.9 and placing the finished pack file in to my Data folder, there are no sounds in-game whatsoever. I made sure the waves were in the correct format, and that the file structure was correct.

Please help!

ElementUK's Avatar Miles

I'm unclear as to what to do with the 'Patch' file. It's the same size as the Mod file. Do you place both in the data folder but only script in the 'UltimateSoundMod' one?

i dont understand the business with the "user.script" please help me. i only know how to place stuff into data directory

Quote Originally Posted by adamsleath View Post
    ive heard real muskets. they do pretty much sound like the "pop/farty" sound used in this mod. ive used the other sound mod as prvided by Radius and it does sort of sound better with a clanking noise which i suppose could be the percussion cap noise. but have to reiterate that ive heard a real musket and this mod uses a realistic musket noise...imo.

and thx for this mod
    yes the radious mod muskets sound somewhat like bolt action rifles or something

Dracula's Avatar Praefectus

I use this mod so far but I think I need improved naval cannonfire sounds. The current are too light, nothing like the roar of the battle, especially pathethic for first ranks line ships.

I have an issue. Im not to clever with this sort of thing, so if im doing something wrong, i need it explained simply....

I downloaded the Patch,File, and popped it straight into my Napoleon / data directory.....I played a battle and it was working fine, then the game froze mid-battle?

Have i done anything wrong??

Edit: i've tried again and it seems to work fine now, but the only sound differences i can hear are the muskets...which do sound nice! should i be hearing any else like marching music??
    Last edited by Poacher886; May 29, 2011 at 01:34 PM.

Shea O'Gorath's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Poacher886 View Post
    I have an issue. Im not to clever with this sort of thing, so if im doing something wrong, i need it explained simply....

I downloaded the Patch,File, and popped it straight into my Napoleon / data directory.....I played a battle and it was working fine, then the game froze mid-battle?

Have i done anything wrong??

Edit: i've tried again and it seems to work fine now, but the only sound differences i can hear are the muskets...which do sound nice! should i be hearing any else like marching music??

The howitzers have a cool poping sound when they explode, the rockets sound different and when the cannon balls hit the ground there is a sound which is really really cool