Thread: Influencing religion

DeaDBolT's Avatar Decanus

Default Influencing religion

Hi,

I've noticed in my Russian campaign that there is quite a bit of religious unrest in most regions because of hight amount of Protestants and Muslims, problem being that public order and disorder seem to have an increasred value per point, meanng that on the overall the values are lower as in ETW, but they still have the same effect.

Sometimes i have -4 public order due to religious unrest out of a public order of 4, without any other negatives like enlightenment dragging it down, this begs the question for me where the hell my missionaries and churches are, everyone knows Russia even in the Napoleonic times was still heavily influenced by religion and the orthodox church.

I just wish someone would bring churches\missionaries back, or maybe add\change tech to dampen religious dependance or unrest, because now religion just seems an unfair benefactor in the game.

EDIT: we need the Secular humanism tech back in NTW.

Cheers,
    Last edited by DeaDBolT; March 01, 2010 at 06:04 AM.
    "Opinions that come forth out of prejudice and lack of knowledge are always defended most fiercely, often with violence" Unknown (with additions by myself)

Proud to be Dutch.
    A proud member of S.I.N.

Something i said made sense? +rep me to +rep you.

DarthMod@Twitter (NEW!)
    Call to arms! An army of 5.000 is needed.

Default Re: Influencing religion

That might be one of those things they took out thanks to two week turns and the inability to drastically influence it enough in the given time frame.
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

RO Citizen's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Religion still is in NTW? ...

Because the EsfEditor is working, i think u can just open ur savegame with it and put the religion in ur religion to 1 at Orthodoxism. There is a startpos guide in the ETW section.
    [Col] RO Citizen

Religion is there in the sense of "Dude...you're orthodox taking over an islamic country. They don't like you." but it's not there in the sense of building religious buildings to convert percentages over 6 month time spans per turn.
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

Alkarin's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidin View Post
    Religion is there in the sense of "Dude...you're orthodox taking over an islamic country. They don't like you." but it's not there in the sense of building religious buildings to convert percentages over 6 month time spans per turn.
    Cool religious intolerance bro.
    You look great today.

DeaDBolT's Avatar Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidin View Post
    Well, i suppose that makes sense, i had forgotten how sending gentlemen into your own cities provides you with public order bonuses through propaganda, i'll have to test it some more, but it seems to work quite well, guess that solves my "unfair" unrest problems.

Cheers,
    "Opinions that come forth out of prejudice and lack of knowledge are always defended most fiercely, often with violence" Unknown (with additions by myself)

Proud to be Dutch.
    A proud member of S.I.N.

Something i said made sense? +rep me to +rep you.

DarthMod@Twitter (NEW!)
    Call to arms! An army of 5.000 is needed.