Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Karadzic defends Bosnian Serb 'holy' cause at trial

Katsumoto's Avatar Quae est infernum es
    took an arrow to the knee

Default Re: Karadzic defends Bosnian Serb 'holy' cause at trial

Sorry Carpy I had other things to do, plus I don't really enjoy repeating myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Carpathian Wolf View Post
    Samurai man why are you talking without answering my question?
    I can talk whether I answer your silly questions or not.

Katsumoto, I want you to ask yourself something right now at this moment. Do you really want me to write up a wall of text complete with pictures showing the armament and equipment of the Bosniak forces in Srebrenica and throughout Bosnia, or are you going to retract your stupidly partisan comment and save yourself the embarrassment? I'm a busy guy, i'm actually going to write this up and i'll probably post later tonight or tomorrow. But let me know, and i'll do this for you if you want me to.
    I was clearly exagarrating. Obviously they had weapons, just not in the quantity and quality that the Serbs possessed. Not much a rusty AK can do against a tank.

Oh yea cry from the grave, the sappy boohoohoo let's not touch facts but make people sad documentary. And he said "Time to take revenge upon the Turks" which sadly is not enough to prove genocide.

Ill be on later. Let me know what you decide.
    Yeah and I'm sure your "Yugoslavia: The Avoidable War" touches upon the 'facts'. And maybe not but it still shows the specific intention to kill Muslims.

It's quite boring discussing this topic with you when you continue to say the same crap (even after I've proved you wrong).
    Last edited by Katsumoto; March 03, 2010 at 12:26 AM.
    "I pray Heaven to bestow the best of blessings on this house and all that shall hereafter inhabit it. May none but honest and wise men ever rule under this roof."
    - John Adams, on the White House, in a letter to Abigail Adams (2 November 1800)

Lonck's Avatar Centenarius

the fact they they didn't kill more bosniaks doesn't mean they didn't commit war crimes. Also you try to keep the crimes hidden, if they would've wiped out the entire muslim pop the US would've step in and tip the scales more than they did.

Quote Originally Posted by Lonck View Post
    whats so "just and holy" about killing people?
    to the mujhadeen in sarajevo, quite alot. The laid back hard drinking muslim residents of sarajevo were not "islamic" for Edit.Noble Savage scum so they bombed them. The mosques are wahibbi izbetgovic got his mini islamic state and now bosna is a one stop terror shop, for all the islamic extremists going to europe.

one day when the truth comes out about what really happned in bosna and the islamic extremists are marching on the green highway toward europe, the west will ask themselves how this ever happened and why nobody halted islamic extremism. Serbia will answer "we went to kosovo in 1389 and in 1992-95 defended our people against islamic extremisim, while you turned a blind eye and supported islam's cause"

Serbia will not go to another Kosovo or sacrifice their own lives because the west is promiscious about islamic extremism.
    Last edited by Noble Savage; March 03, 2010 at 11:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by motiv-8 View Post
    You're saying I'm wrong because they didn't kill more Bosnians? Christ, the Balkans really are a place where logic and reason have no place.
    why would they want to kill pro serbian muslims?

the only "muslims" killed were the ones that sided with izbetgovic, who wanted a mini islamic state and attacked the serbian population on numerouys occasions.

the fact they they didn't kill more bosniaks doesn't mean they didn't commit war crimes. Also you try to keep the crimes hidden, if they would've wiped out the entire muslim pop the US would've step in and tip the scales more than they did.
    clinton sponsored islamic terror + extremism in bosna as a way of saying "thankyou" because they stayed out of the gulf war.

Quote Originally Posted by Katsumoto View Post
    Sorry Carpy I had other things to do, plus I don't really enjoy repeating myself.
    Why are you going to bs me? You didn't repeat yourself. You were all wrong about Srebrenica and how the "Muslims pushed back the Serbs the first two times." I hit you with a wall of sources and you have no rebuttal. Just be honest with everyone here and yourself, you don't know jack. You just made things up.

I can talk whether I answer your silly questions or not.
    Yea but since you don't know anything about the topic it's pointless. It's just your nationalism talking.

I was clearly exagarrating. Obviously they had weapons, just not in the quantity and quality that the Serbs possessed. Not much a rusty AK can do against a tank.
    Katsumoto, wrong move. I'm going to provide with you sources and pictures this coming weekend in the VV section of the forum, a while article on the equipment of the Muslims in Srebrenica. And they didn't really have AKs, they had German HK rifles via Hungary and the Dalmatian coast.

Yeah and I'm sure your "Yugoslavia: The Avoidable War" touches upon the 'facts'. And maybe not but it still shows the specific intention to kill Muslims.

It's quite boring discussing this topic with you when you continue to say the same crap (even after I've proved you wrong).
    This has to be delusion. Who proved me wrong? Certainly not you that's for damn sure. Do you think if you pretend that you weren't embarrassingly and painfully wrong about Srebrenica's first two falls, nobody else will notice? Come on man. You think Alija Izetbegovic's men fought and died for you? They fought and died for themselves, and to have all of Bosnia. Go read about Abdic. Ask your parents.

No man, not that "they didn't kill more Bosniaks." Don't give me that bs. It's a simple question, If the Serbs really had intention to kill all the Muslims and make an "ethnically pure state" why didn't they kill the ones in Sandzak and north west Bosnia? Why did those ones even side with the Serbs? Don't do the cowardly thing and slink out of the question, answer it.
    "Mors Certa, Hora Incerta."

"We are a brave people of a warrior race, descendants of the illustrious Romans, who made the world tremor. And in this way we will make it known to the whole world that we are true Romans and their descendants, and our name will never die and we will make proud the memories of our parents." ~ Despot Voda 1561

"The emperor Trajan, after conquering this country, divided it among his soldiers and made it into a Roman colony, so that these Romanians are descendants, as it is said, of these ancient colonists, and they preserve the name of the Romans." ~ 1532, Francesco della Valle Secretary of Aloisio Gritti, a natural son to Doge

Lonck's Avatar Centenarius

I did answer. Its not my problem that you don't like the answer. Even if bosniak muslims did help them, that doesn't mean the serbian forces didn't want to ethnically cleanse the area. They needed to win the war first then worry about the rest through "population exchanges". Again as I said they couldn't just make the whole thing public. They know what happened with Hitler and they weren't going to make the same mistake.
    Last edited by Lonck; March 03, 2010 at 03:40 AM.

I did answer. Its not my problem that you don't like the answer. Even if bosniak muslims did help them, that doesn't mean the serbian forces didn't want to ethnically cleanse the area. They needed to win the war first then worry about the rest through "population exchanges". Again as I said they couldn't just make the whole thing public. They know what happened with Hitler and they weren't going to make the same mistake.
    so, they'd attack fikret abdic's muslims after they helped them?

why would you win a war, then worry about ethnic cleansing..thats the most bs thing ive heard..i mean what teh

Ah I see. The Jews were to blame for WW2 and the Muslims were to blame for the Bosnian war. Makes sense.
    Ahh…what a lovely comparation.

You should be voted as the user of the best cheep card on the forum ever

il padrino's Avatar Protector Domesticus

So full of . Look at this article:

http://www.serbianna.com/columns/savich/104.shtml

I know it's on Serbianna but look at the picture itself. Look at the magazine cover:

"Bosnian Muslims in Sarajevo threatened to reform and to revive the Bosnian Muslim Nazii SS Division Handzar and to cut off the heads of Serbian leaders. The cover of Novi Vox magazine, October, 1991 with the headline: "The Handzar Division is ready!"

There's you're ing nazis mr muslim apologist.

Interesting,the magazine is from 1991,a year before the "evil Serbs started eating muslim babies".I guess they were just defending themselfs.Right

And on the cover it's also written "The 4th Reich comes.Welcome"

Farnan's Avatar Saviors of the Japanese
    Right behind you starring over your shoulder.

"Bosnian Muslims in Sarajevo threatened to reform and to revive the Bosnian Muslim Nazii SS Division Handzar and to cut off the heads of Serbian leaders. The cover of Novi Vox magazine, October, 1991 with the headline: "The Handzar Division is ready!"

Ummm...

The Novi Vox is the Sarajevo equivalent of The Onion or The Daily Mash.

‘In October, 1991, the Bosnian Muslim magazine Novi Vox in Sarajevo, in issue no. 3, well over half a year before the civil war broke out in 1992, published a front-cover illustration showing a Bosnian Muslim Nazi SS officer in the Handzar Division stepping on the decapitated and bloody heads of Serbian leaders, including Bosnian Serb leader Radovan Karadzic. The caption read: “The Handzar Division is ready!” Another headline announced: “The Fourth Reich is coming—Welcome!” This revival of Bosnia’s Nazi and SS genocidal past was censored, suppressed, and covered-up in the U.S. and the Western media.’

What Savich fails to tell his readers, either because he is dishonest, or – more likely - because he is simply ignorant, is that the magazine in question, Novi Vox, was a satirical magazine of the alternative youth movement in pre-war Sarajevo, similar in character to the US’s The Onion, or to the satirical news sections of the UK’s Private Eye. In the words of cultural anthropologist Ivo Zanic, in his magisterial Flag on the Mountain: A Political Anthropology of War in Croatia and Bosnia, Saqi Books, London, 2007 (pp. 332-333):

‘Even in cases that were pushed too hard or that were quite tasteless, Vox’s constructions contained enough elements for anyone who approached them with minimal common sense to be able without difficulty to realise that this was satire, in other words, an imagined reality that criticised the real reality. Thus its many agendas and declarations are readable, undoubtedly witty, identifiable ironic commentaries on real agendas, actions and declarations by the political figures of the time, particularly Karadzic’s SDS of Bosnia-Herzegovina.‘

Apparently, however, the ‘minimal common sense’ needed to realise that Vox was a satirical magazine was not possessed by Savich, who treats it as though it were a simple statement of Bosnian Muslim intent. Just imagine someone writing about British politics in the 1980s, who used Spitting Image as their source for what Margaret Thatcher’s policies were, without realising that it was a satirical comedy. Well, that is what Savich has done in respect to Alija Izetbegovic and Vox.

Savich’s suspicions should have been aroused by the fact that the price of the magazine, on the cover he reproduces, is given not only in dinars, the Yugoslav currency, but also in the fictional currency ‘bukvi’, or bukvas. In Zanic’s words (pp. 335-336):

‘Vox regularly printed its price not only in legal Yugoslav dinars but also in the fictitious bukvas. The joke was clear to anyone with half a brain: it referred to the proposal that the currency in Slovenia be called the lipa, linden, because this tree in Slovenia had the status of national symbol, and bukva would be the Bosnian equivalent. This irony, or self-deprecation, for the word bukva in the South Slav lands metaphorically means thickhead, and there are versions such as bukvan, blockhead, and the very common colloquial phrase ‘thick as a bukva‘, implying someone rather slow, good-natured and harmless, a likeable fellow in fact, as well as a number of other phrases and proverbs.’

To repeat: ‘The joke was clear to anyone with half a brain.’ Further comment on Savich’s scholarly competence, and on the tactical wisdom of his attempt at irony regarding research based on comedy, would be superfluous (NB although he describes himself as a ‘historian’, Savich has no historical qualification higher than a Master’s degree; he does not appear ever to have held an academic post, published a book or an article in an academic journal, or visited an archive).
    http://greatersurbiton.wordpress.com...eal-comedians/
    “The nation that will insist upon drawing a broad line of demarcation between the fighting man and the thinking man is liable to find its fighting done by fools and its thinking by cowards.”

—Sir William Francis Butler

VOX - magazine of Alija Izetbegovic's party youth.

This is one of the covers of that magazine more than 6 months before the war started. Good find Carphathian
    Last edited by 4th Regiment; March 03, 2010 at 07:18 AM.

Yea, a Satirical Magazine...

As in its not what people really believe.
    “The nation that will insist upon drawing a broad line of demarcation between the fighting man and the thinking man is liable to find its fighting done by fools and its thinking by cowards.”

Quote Originally Posted by Future Redleg Officer View Post
    Ummm...

Ouch.
    "The cheapest form of pride however is national pride. For it reveals in the one thus afflicted the lack of individual qualities of which he could be proud, while he would not otherwise reach for what he shares with so many millions. He who possesses significant personal merits will rather recognise the defects of his own nation, as he has them constantly before his eyes, most clearly. But that poor blighter who has nothing in the world of which he can be proud, latches onto the last means of being proud, the nation to which he belongs to. Thus he recovers and is now in gratitude ready to defend with hands and feet all errors and follies which are its own."-- Arthur Schopenhauer

swabian's Avatar igni ferroque

Yea, a Satirical Magazine...

As in its not what people really believe.
    It might penetrate if you repeat it another 1000 times per day for the next 10 years.

So the Bosnians were radical Muslims...

Why did they have a Serbian General?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jovan_Divjak

And a Croat General

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bla%C5%BE_Kraljevi%C4%87

il padrino's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Jovan Divjak (Serbian Cyrillic: Јован Дивјак) (Born March 11, 1937 in Belgrade, Kingdom of Yugoslavia) was a Bosnian general in the Bosnian army during the 1992-1995 Bosnian War. He was the deputy commander of the Main Staff until 1994. He is a self-declared Bosnian.
    He fits well into Izetbegovics theory that there are no Serbs,Croats in Bosnia,but just Bosnians.

But so what,JNA had also non-Serb generals but you still continue talking how it was an instrument of creating Great Serbia.

Farnan has just rendered that magazinse useless.

I like you Farnan, you make illogical people look amazingly illogical.

Quote Originally Posted by il padrino View Post
    He fits well into Izetbegovics theory that there are no Serbs,Croats in Bosnia,but just Bosnians.
    So the idea that there should not be ethnic tensions is a bad one?

The Balkans is a wacky place.

But so what,JNA had also non-Serb generals but you still continue talking how it was an instrument of creating Great Serbia.
    I did?

When?

Ummm...

+rep for this. May be after you can post it nine more times, some "bukva"s understand what is "satirical" means.
    In tribute to concerned friends:
    - You know nothing Jon Snow.

Samples from the Turkish Cuisine by white-wolf