Thread: Questions about NTW Game mechanics and feautures.

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Moderator Emeritus

Default Questions about NTW Game mechanics and feautures.

I have NTW but I haven't had the time to test these:

- In the Italian campaign there are missions (my favorite is a mission where you capture a city and the rest of the nation becomes a protectorate). Are there missions in the coalition campaign and the conquest Europe campaign?

- In that Era there were many wars fought over between pro-republic and pro-monarcy factions. Is the impact of "fear of revolution" mentality alive in NTW coalition campaign, meaning that wars are far more possible between different goverment types? I.e. If I play with a faction and go for republic, will it cause the rest of European monarchies attack just because I know have a republic?

- Can you influence the goverment type of a nearby country via gentlemen etc that incite unrest? It was quite a disappointment in my opinion that there wasn't a diplomatic option of "change goverment!". I hope I have at least a way to influence them with gentlemen.

- Do your neighbors attack just because you share a border?

- Is the AI making naval invasions? Or If I pick Britain in coalition I can yawn as Napoleon beats Europe?

- If you beat an AI faction badly, do they "surrender" i.e. agreeing to part with land and money and become your allies (if not protectorates) or fight in your wars?

- What kind of support can you give to fledgling states? Like helping rebelions? can you ally with them, giving them aid in a fight against an enemy?
    Last edited by alhoon; March 01, 2010 at 12:04 AM.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Default Re: Questions about NTW Game mechanics and feautures.

Ok from what i know in the oalition campaign if you select the "Historical" option there is missions however i don't think there is in the "World Domination" selection. The Napoleon Europe 1 does have missions. your second point i don't know but will get back to you. Yes gentleman can help cause a rebellion in your own territory however I'm not sure about other territory's. As for AI attacking you because you share a boarder, no i believe most of the game is historically "orientated" for example if your France every wants you dead, but the Austrians and Prussians seem to get along OK (for now.) I'm not sure about that one but i should think so, as for sitting on your ass defiantly although i don't no how capable the AI is at fighting the French just take the sea's and your gd to bludge. For the last two i don't know however when you take a city there is a "liberation" option the become your protectorate and give you 2 crappy regiments of militia.

Note. If you put you gentlemen in an enemy city it reduced public order by 1
    Last edited by Player2; March 01, 2010 at 07:36 AM.

If you were to put numbers before your questions I would be able to answer them more clearly. Nevertheless, I will answer a couple.

- In my Britain Coalition campaign, I got one mission right at the start telling me that my Euro allies were being raped by Napoleon so I was to land an invasion force in Caen to help them out and ease the pressure off them. Once I completed that, I have had no such missions since... I'm not sure if that was the only one cause it was the only one I got and I'm a long way past the time when it was issued and completed... As the previous poster said, I believe if you pick Historical Campaign there are more missions to bring a more historical narrative. Whereas WD is just the typical TW "conquer teh wurdlz" mode.

- In Diplomacy, you can do the usual things to help states such as giving them tech and cash to stay afloat, you can also become mates or make them your protectorate. If memory serves me right, there's some kind of option that basically boils down to you and him working together against an enemy.

- Naval invasions do occur, but if you're Britain you can sit back and yawn to some degree, but beware. Napoleon will literally gobble up Europe and you may find it too hard to get a good foothold in Europe due all his massive stacks of land and naval armies.

- With regards to beating AI enemies. If you batter them enough there's the usual option of demanding they become your protectorate. I'm not sure if there's anything else you can do, but when I conquered Portugal I was given the option to Loot, Occupy or Liberate them. It was some new faction called like Portugal-Lisbon or something like that and they become you're protectorate. I dunno if this goes for everyone.

- With regards to neighbours. When I was Britain and I conquered all of France, we made peace so it was me in his land and him in the Germanic territories. Obviously I knew it wouldn't last so yes he attacked me. However, My other neighbours - Swiss Confederation, Belgium, Britony (sp?), Austria - haven't attacked me at all without provocation.

Careful as british your indiaman ships at the top of the map will be hoed by the french navy

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Moderator Emeritus

Thanks all.

The "liberate" thing sounds awesome.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.