Thread: Multithread/mutlicore

irishron's Avatar Cura Palatii

Default Multithread/mutlicore

I pulled this off .com:http://shoguntotalwar.yuku.com/topic/68712.

Have any experienced this?

Is there any programmers in the house that can explain to us why?

Shabby_Ronin's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: Multithread/mutlicore

Nopers. Q9400 here.
    "...I'll look for something else. We're surrounded by water. Why are we eating knob?"

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=336510

After testing the SLi scaling ..... you will find the core utilization
    Last edited by No_Limit; February 28, 2010 at 11:47 PM.

Civis

My game only runs on one of my four cores, and usually at 100%(same for Empire). I found a free program the other day that seems to spread out the load between the four cores. It doesnt really seem to help it run any better(still have around 45 fps) but at least now I dont have 100% load on one core for hours and hours. I suggest anyone whos not getting some multithread love from Napy take a look.
    Its called CPU Control and you can get it at: http://wareseeker.com/Utilities/cpu-...1.0.zip/229518
    It handles the cpu affinity, which I know can be done with task manager, but that dosent seem to do anything for me where as this actually works. All I do is start Napoleon, Alt Tab, open CPU Control, go to Napoleon process and set it to manual or automatic. I forget which one but try them both with a cpu monitor open and you will see the differance instantly. I finially dont have to have that HUGE strain on my poor little first core.
    I hope it works as well for you guys as it does for me. Let me know.

Oh I'm on
    Vista 32 bit
    AMD Phenom 9550 Quad-Core 2.20 GHZ
    GeForce GTS 250
    Display at 1920*1200

TheGeat's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by RomulusAugustus View Post
    My game only runs on one of my four cores, and usually at 100%(same for Empire). I found a free program the other day that seems to spread out the load between the four cores. It doesnt really seem to help it run any better(still have around 45 fps) but at least now I dont have 100% load on one core for hours and hours. I suggest anyone whos not getting some multithread love from Napy take a look.
    Its called CPU Control and you can get it at: http://wareseeker.com/Utilities/cpu-...1.0.zip/229518
    It handles the cpu affinity, which I know can be done with task manager, but that dosent seem to do anything for me where as this actually works. All I do is start Napoleon, Alt Tab, open CPU Control, go to Napoleon process and set it to manual or automatic. I forget which one but try them both with a cpu monitor open and you will see the differance instantly. I finially dont have to have that HUGE strain on my poor little first core.
    I hope it works as well for you guys as it does for me. Let me know.

Oh I'm on
    Vista 32 bit
    AMD Phenom 9550 Quad-Core 2.20 GHZ
    GeForce GTS 250
    Display at 1920*1200
    Great tip +rep When i run the program i don't see NTW or ETW on the list, are they called something else or are they called Empire.exe, Napoleon.exe etc..
    Thanks.

Civis

Wow my first +rep.

You have to start Napoleon or Empires first. Then Alt-tab and open cpu control and you should see it listed as Napoleon.exe or Empires.exe. Hope that helps, let me know if it works for you, it works great for me.