Thread: How to do technology research?

Default How to do technology research?

So I started to play NTW for a first time. I picked Poland(with mod) and its damn to hard play them while all your powerfull neighbours are against you. I managed to play through for 15 hours, tookaround 5 provinces from prussia and russia, but still at war with Austria, Swedish and rebels. I cant fight my enemies corectly, because... Iam AGES at technology behind them. I just dont get it. Tutorial not explaining how to research anything. Ok, I built university and still cant pick technology to research. I only see how many turns it will take to research an technology, but cant pick it. Whats going on, what am i doing wrong?

Harvester of Sorrow's Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: How to do technology research?

You have to click on said technology to begin the research process, then after the stated amount of turns the technology will have been researched. If you place a gentleman inside a university then it will decrease the amount of time required to research. When the technology is researched a message will come up on the message area of the screen. So for example classical economics which takes around 4 turns to research, if you click on it and wait for 4 turns a message will appear saying that it has been researched.

I hope this helps

I were clicking like crazy on any technology and at the next turn research clock is at same turn left like before;/.

Harvester of Sorrow's Avatar Vicarius

Hmmm. What mod are you playing? And has your university been sabotaged or damaged in any way?

Faiakas's Avatar Tiro

The number One Rule is to place a Gentleman inside the University. Second Rule is to check the Gentleman on which tree is more effiecient. Some are better to Civil Tech while others to Military e.t.c. Third Rule is to Upgrade the University so techs to be faster. Remember the max number of Gentlemen to be fully efficient inside a University are 4. More than this number is a waste, you should send them in other Universities.