Page 1 of 58 12345678910112651 ... LastLast

Thread: STARTPOS MODS:<< NAPOLEON TOTAL FACTIONS All playbale 03/05)>> <<BALKAN MOD 23/04>> <<NEW: IBERIA MOD introducing Basque faction 01/05>>

Icon6 STARTPOS MODS:<< NAPOLEON TOTAL FACTIONS All playbale 03/05)>> <<BALKAN MOD 23/04>> <<NEW: IBERIA MOD introducing Basque faction 01/05>>

NTF is an all factions playable (included emergent), for all campaigns, in one and only mod. Hip63's work has inspired me to make the User Interface for easy selection of the desired campaign and faction. Also using the same UI you can play a vanilla game or any other mod you have installed.

1. Main UI

2. Italian Campaign

3. Egyptian campaign

4. European Grand Campaign

5. Extra mods for Italy Republic and United Netherlands (these mods are made by rebirthofman).

Special Editions offer a grater game experience when the player combines NTF with another mods. Check in Installation section for a special edition of the mod you use to play in Napoleon TW.

Released versions and changing log:

version 2.3

* Egyptian campaign only changes
    * Starting British fleet revealed from shroud
    * Restriction that did not allowed Cyprus troops to move out of city has been removed.* You have to have NTF 2.0 installed before installing this update.
    * All updates after version 2.0 are included.

version 2.2

* Milan and Trient factions have been added in Italian campaign.
    * Problem with Austria in Italian campaign have been fixed.
    * Update 2.1 is included.
    * You have to have NTF 2.0 installed before installing this update.

version 2.1

* FoW properly αplied for Italian and Egyptian campaigns. Now only player's regions are revealed.
    * Restrictions of Italian and Egyptian campaigns have been removed
    * Napoleon's portrait has been added for France in grand campaign.

version 2.0

* New GUI
    * All campaigns
    * All known bugs of previous version are fixed

version 1.1

* FoW removed from trade fleets of Spain, Ottomans, Portugal, Netherlands and one swedish army.
    * Venice is fixed.
    * Missing treasuries for some factions is fixed.
    * All emergent can recruit one admiral/general after 1st turn.

version 1.0

* GUI has been added by Hip63.
    * If you play as emergent, all the other emergent are present in campaign's start.

Installation

Be sure you have a user script in your game's script directory. If you are not sure or you do not know how to make one use this tool.

Download the NTF_2.7z extract it on your desktop and start the installer. The mod uses its own mod folder and do not overwrite any of vanilla files.

Download Link http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7S5Y35F2

Download Link http://www.mediafire.com/?j2hmmztdokn

Download Link http://www.filefactory.com/file/b0e8bc9/n/NTF_2.7z

Install update 2.3

After NTF 2 is installed proceed to install the 2.3 update. Download the attached NTF_update_2_3.7z, decompress it and run installer. Be sure you point the right installation path.

Special Editions

After the installation of NTF, choose and install a Special Edition of your favorite mod. Make sure that the installation path is your ....\napoleon total war\ directory. You do not have to install Special Editions if you do not want to play with one of the following mods.

1. Toon's Total War: All in One Mod

Toon has made an all in one mod with lots of extras, based of various modders and some of his own tweaks. Concerning the amount of packs that were soon starting to build up in data folder, Toon thought it would be nice to compress in one big pack, thats over 30 mods so far!!

Download NTF Special Edition for All in One Mod

Instructions for NTF mod use:

Run NTF_2.exe, select the campaign and the faction you want to play as. When you select faction the user.script will be appeared to let you enter the right mod command line. Add there:
    Code:
    mod "NTF.pack";
    You can also enter command lines for additional mods you may have installed according their creator's instructions. (e.g. unit pack, sound, smoke, etc.). When you'll save and close user.script the game will start automatically.

If you want to play vanilla game or another installed mod that uses it's own startpos, run NTF_2 select Vanilla campaign, disable NTF mod, add the right command line for your new mod.

Usual problems running NTF and solutions:

Problem: The game starts but it remains freezing in first screen:

Reason: You do not have the latest game update.
    Solution: Install this FIX.
    Problem: The game starts normally but nothing has changed, it is like the mod is not there.
    Reason: The game does not load the NTF.pack
    Solution: a) Open user.scrip.txt and make it in Unicode format. b) Make NTF.pack a "movie" type. To do that:
    Open [NTW]\data\NTF\NTF.pack with PFM. Click on Choose a Pack Action and mark movie. Save as NTF.pack in your desktop. Then take it and copy back in [NTW]\data\NTF\ replacing the older NTF.pack. Try again. Now it does not matter if you edit user script, since the NTF.pack file is a "movie" type, the game will be forced to load it eitherway.

Problem: Some factions luck fleets or certain ships.
    Reason: That is by game's default.
    Solution: Look here.

NOTE: Take a look also in my Empire: Total Factions

Special thanks to the friends of Startpos Mod for their help to improve the mod. Also many thanks to shenryyr for his detailed feed back. Thank you all guys !

Last edited by husserlTW; July 02, 2010 at 09:13 AM.

Default Re: STARTPOS MODS

STARTPOS MODS

Startpos mods is going to be a series of grand campaign mods which refers to a specific place of Europe and if possible they introduce new factions. Balkan and Iberia mods ate already available. More will follow about Scandinavia, Central Europe, British Isles etc.The mod uses it's own graphical interface and modfoldering.

This is mod's main menu. From here
    you are able to select Balkan Mod, Iberia Mod or a Vanilla game.

BALKAN MOD

Balkans have often mentioned as the gunpowder deposit of Europe. This strategic crossroad placed between East and West has produced some of the greatest civilizations but also some of the most destructive wars. The 19th century in Balkans is the era of new nations arising and perhaps of the most lethal nationalisms...

If you want to play Balkan mod just select a faction. After that user.script pop ups automatically and a cmd window prompts you to add the mod commands. When you save and close it, game starts automatically.

Screenshots

Loading screens:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Army units:

Hungary

Moldavia

Croatia

Hajduci
    Croatian Elite Infantry
    Croatian Grenadiers
    Croatian Guards
    Croatian_Havy_Dragoons
    Croatian Heavy Cavalry
    Croatian Hussars
    Dalmatian Warriors
    Croatian Jeagers
    Croatian Lancers
    Croatian Light Dragoons
    Croatian Light Infantry
    Croatian Line Infantry
    Sinj Alkars
    Slavonian Warriors
    Croatian National Guards
    Illyrian Revolutioner

Serbia

Romania

Greece

Ottomans

I have not added new units but I've removed restrictions so Egyptian campaign units will be available also in European grand campaign.

IBERIA MOD

If you have chosen to play Iberia mod just click on the start button.
    After that user.script pop ups automatically and a cmd window prompts you to add the mod commands. When you save and close it, game starts automatically.

Army units:

Spain

Units have not been added for Spain since vanilla are plenty.

Basque

Catalonia

Portugal

version 2.2

* Iberia mod has been added.
    * Units have been reworked and new ones have been added.
    * A problem with revolutions in new Balkan factions has been fixed.
    * Other minor

version 2.1

* Unit roster for all Balkan factions has been reworked completely. Now there are more units present in campaign, without strange or unaccepted colors. For Greece units from ETW have been added.

* Units stats have been reworked and a couple of buildings have been added for the recruitment of the local units (like irregulars), which now can be recruited only in Balkan regions.
    * Diplomacy has been reworked so the Balkan factions are forced to be aggressive or friendly according historical circumstances.
    * Other minor changes

Next major update will introduce new Startpos mod:
    Iberia mod including the faction of Basques.

version v. 2.0

* GUI has been added.

* Armies has been reworked for Serbia, Croatia, Moldavia and Hungary. Some icons especially in Hungary have not the right skins but in battlefield the units are o.k. It will be fixed with Greek and Ottoman units addition in next update.
    * New loading screens have been added, using SirDCC's Load Screens
    * Other minor changes.

version v. 1.2

* All Balkan factions get a general after first turn thanks to
    rebirthofman's finding.
    * Croatia and Moldavia wrong battle flags were fixed.

version v. 1.1

* All Serbia issues are fixed.version v. 1.0
    * Hungary has been added.
    * Fixed issues with religion and other issues that had remained from original factions.
    * Other minor changes.

Beta version

* Playable factions: Ottomans, Greece, Serbia, Croatia, Romania, Moldavia.
    * Victory conditions, historical leader portraits and names for Balkan factions.
    * FoW fixed, only player's regions are revealed.

Instalation:

Download Startpos_22_setup.exe and run it following the instructions. Check the installation directory which by default is: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\napoleon total and if necessary change it accordingly. Mod uses its own modfolder and will not overwrite any vanilla files.

Downloading Link
    http://www.filefactory.com/file/b162...s_22_Setup.exe

Downloading Linkhttp://www.filefront.com/16374117/Startpos_22_Setup.7z

Instructions:

Be sure you have a user script in your game's script directory. If you are not sure or you do not know how to make one use this tool.

If you choose to play Balkan mod you have to add the following lines:

Code:
    mod Balkan1_mod.pack;
    mod Balkan2_mod.pack;

If you want to play Iberia_mod
    you have to add the following line:

Code:
    mod Iberia_mod.pack;

In both cases, after saving the user script mod starts automatically. When in Napoleon menu start a new Coalition Campaign.

Credits to talented skinners and modeler's for
    I've used parts of their work in this mod:

Anastasios
    Swiss Halberdier
    ♔Sir Digby Chicken Caesar♔
    danova
    Last edited by husserlTW; May 05, 2010 at 05:06 PM.

Downloading them now + Rep Husserl

EDIT. Arent the Last Napoleon Campaign and The Coalition Campaign the same thing with different Factions.
    Last edited by Spartan262; February 28, 2010 at 06:46 PM.

Semisalis

Awesome, thank you! I am really looking forward to playing Bavaria in the European Campaign once i get my copy of Napoleon

brilliant I actually liked playing as bavaria for some reaosn too in ETW, good location and size to start with imo. I wouldnt mind playing some of the other smaller countries north of it too

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan262 View Post
    EDIT. Arent the Last Napoleon Campaign and The Coalition Campaign the same thing with different Factions.
    No, they're actually a bit different. You can tell this on the surface by noticing ships have different names, and Napoleon lacks his custom portrait in the Coalition campaign, etc. I wouldn't be surprised if the balance was different, too.

Great mod though--I can't wait to see if playing France in the Coalition campaign is a great deal different than during the Napoleonic campaign, and I certainly want to play France with non-historical victory conditions.

Just curious, whats the roster for Saxony?

gord96's Avatar Domesticus

excellent work. cant wait to try the Ottomans and their huge cannons. hehe.

Played as Piedmont for a few turns works very well.

Baleur's Avatar Biarchus

WOW u can play as the other factions in these small minicampaigns too??? Awesome! britain in egypt here i come!

All non playable factions are unlocked for all campaigns. Emergent factions will follow.

Lord Dakier's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Does emergent include liberated ones?
    We Came, We Saw, We Ran Away!

Amazing HusserlTW, thank you for your hard work

I was wondering if you could add france as well to the grand campaign, so that the player can change Napoleon by a revolution (for example to bring back the bourbon king, or make france a republic again). I say this because i realised that in the napoleon personal campaign it is impossible to get rid of him. IŽd very much like to have the chance to play as france and change the government to something else.

Cool , thanks + rep

and hope it will be soon created a "scripter" that will make all factions playable at the same time

Ultimate's Avatar Laetus

Thank you so much!

+ rep!

Very nice, is it fog off war in this files`?

Default Re: STARTPOS MODS: All factions playable in all campaigns.

Thanks everybody. It seems France is hardcoded, I tried for a couple of hours with no luck. When I finish with emergent I;ll try again.

Quote Originally Posted by Lusen View Post
    Very nice, is it fog off war in this files`?
    There is no FoW at all.

Lord Dakier's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Willy View Post
    Cool , thanks + rep

and hope it will be soon created a "scripter" that will make all factions playable at the same time
    Ideally all you need is a program which will swap the files for you.
    We Came, We Saw, We Ran Away!

gord96's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by husserlTW View Post
    Thanks everybody. It seems France is hardcoded, I tried for a couple of hours with no luck. When I finish with emergent I;ll try again.

There is no FoW at all.
    good work Husserl! Does it have the same problem like in Empire where there is no smoke from burning buildings with FoW off?

Quote Originally Posted by husserlTW View Post

There is no FoW at all.
    So you can see what the countries are doing`?

Page 1 of 58 12345678910112651 ... LastLast