NTF is an all factions playable (included emergent), for all campaigns, in one and only mod. Hip63's work has inspired me to make the User Interface for easy selection of the desired campaign and faction. Also using the same UI you can play a vanilla game or any other mod you have installed.
1. Main UI
2. Italian Campaign
3. Egyptian campaign
4. European Grand Campaign
5. Extra mods for Italy Republic and United Netherlands (these mods are made by rebirthofman).
Special Editions offer a grater game experience when the player combines NTF with another mods. Check in Installation section for a special edition of the mod you use to play in Napoleon TW.
Released versions and changing log:
* Egyptian campaign only changes
* Starting British fleet revealed from shroud
* Restriction that did not allowed Cyprus troops to move out of city has been removed.* You have to have NTF 2.0 installed before installing this update.
* All updates after version 2.0 are included.
* Milan and Trient factions have been added in Italian campaign.
* Problem with Austria in Italian campaign have been fixed.
* Update 2.1 is included.
* You have to have NTF 2.0 installed before installing this update.
* FoW properly αplied for Italian and Egyptian campaigns. Now only player's regions are revealed.
* Restrictions of Italian and Egyptian campaigns have been removed
* Napoleon's portrait has been added for France in grand campaign.
* New GUI
* All campaigns
* All known bugs of previous version are fixed
* FoW removed from trade fleets of Spain, Ottomans, Portugal, Netherlands and one swedish army.
* Venice is fixed.
* Missing treasuries for some factions is fixed.
* All emergent can recruit one admiral/general after 1st turn.
* GUI has been added by Hip63.
* If you play as emergent, all the other emergent are present in campaign's start.
Be sure you have a user script in your game's script directory. If you are not sure or you do not know how to make one use this tool.
Download the NTF_2.7z extract it on your desktop and start the installer. The mod uses its own mod folder and do not overwrite any of vanilla files.
Download Link http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7S5Y35F2
Download Link http://www.mediafire.com/?j2hmmztdokn
Download Link http://www.filefactory.com/file/b0e8bc9/n/NTF_2.7z
Install update 2.3
After NTF 2 is installed proceed to install the 2.3 update. Download the attached NTF_update_2_3.7z, decompress it and run installer. Be sure you point the right installation path.
After the installation of NTF, choose and install a Special Edition of your favorite mod. Make sure that the installation path is your ....\napoleon total war\ directory. You do not have to install Special Editions if you do not want to play with one of the following mods.
1. Toon's Total War: All in One Mod
Toon has made an all in one mod with lots of extras, based of various modders and some of his own tweaks. Concerning the amount of packs that were soon starting to build up in data folder, Toon thought it would be nice to compress in one big pack, thats over 30 mods so far!!
Download NTF Special Edition for All in One Mod .
Instructions for NTF mod use:
Run NTF_2.exe, select the campaign and the faction you want to play as. When you select faction the user.script will be appeared to let you enter the right mod command line. Add there:
You can also enter command lines for additional mods you may have installed according their creator's instructions. (e.g. unit pack, sound, smoke, etc.). When you'll save and close user.script the game will start automatically.
If you want to play vanilla game or another installed mod that uses it's own startpos, run NTF_2 select Vanilla campaign, disable NTF mod, add the right command line for your new mod.
Usual problems running NTF and solutions:
Problem: The game starts but it remains freezing in first screen:
Reason: You do not have the latest game update.
Solution: Install this FIX.
Problem: The game starts normally but nothing has changed, it is like the mod is not there.
Reason: The game does not load the NTF.pack
Solution: a) Open user.scrip.txt and make it in Unicode format. b) Make NTF.pack a "movie" type. To do that:
Open [NTW]\data\NTF\NTF.pack with PFM. Click on Choose a Pack Action and mark movie. Save as NTF.pack in your desktop. Then take it and copy back in [NTW]\data\NTF\ replacing the older NTF.pack. Try again. Now it does not matter if you edit user script, since the NTF.pack file is a "movie" type, the game will be forced to load it eitherway.
Problem: Some factions luck fleets or certain ships.
Reason: That is by game's default.
Solution: Look here.
Special thanks to the friends of Startpos Mod for their help to improve the mod. Also many thanks to shenryyr for his detailed feed back. Thank you all guys