Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Offering Regions bugged?

Default Offering Regions bugged?

I was just wandering if there's a problem with offering regions. I'm good mates with Austria and Prussia who, thanks to Boney, are down to one settlement each. I invaded France and took it all with the intention of giving that settlement due east of Paris to the Austrians.

So, I open the diplomacy tab, click on Austria, and click on Offer Region: *insert whatever it was called*, then clicked on the Send Offer button. They said no.

O.o

So, I opened it again and offered them it in exchange for just 10 cash. They said no.

O.o

So, I did both of these again but with Prussia. They said no.

O.o

Is there something wrong with this?

Indefinitely Banned

Default Re: Offering Regions bugged?

I tried to give back Lithuania + 3000 gold to Russia, but they refused!

I couldn't even give settlements away to anyone. Its broken. Your Take it you keep it for the moment. OR let the rebels have it.

...for sure it's bugged...happened to me too.
    "Appear weak when you are strong, and strong when you are weak"...SUN TZU

I just finished the Europe campaign it worked fine for me. Every Faction except for the couple I wiped out was my protectorate.I had 20 protectorates and gave away at least 30 regions. If the happiness level is 0 0 or in the red they wont take it once you hit 1 1 or higher without troops in the city you can give them away. Also if the buildings are damaged it has and affect on it.
    Last edited by Rhazes; March 01, 2010 at 08:04 AM.

Hmmm Try taking all there territories then give them back see what they say then

Player2 -I Just gave Russia all their regions back after I took Moscow and liberated them. Its the same thing I did with every country I defeated before them. If you loot the regions its almost impossible to give it back until the populace is happy and everything rebuilt. Which could take 10+ turns.

works fine if you dont give them a crappy region (positive happiness w/o a garrison and no red buildings)... noone wants a region even for free

Primicerius

Are we playing the same game? I have had no problem (on H campaign settings) to give even freshly looted regions to factions. Usually, I add 1000 gold to the 'deal' and it works just fine.

RO Citizen's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Maybe it's just because they don't want to offend France (nah, just trying to give a rational reason to an evident bug)
    [Col] RO Citizen

^Like.

Slaists, yes we are playing the same game. What would I achieve by lying? People have already agreed and said they have seen it too so its obviously just a bug that got through the testing stage, nothing more. It happens.

They only accept regions with no damaged buildings and with good public order.

Quote Originally Posted by darthfanta View Post
    They only accept regions with no damaged buildings and with good public order.
    Yeah, that seems to be the case. I couldn't even give away a badly damaged and discontented Vienna back to the Austrias, but had no problem giving a rebuilding and contented Denmark back to the Danes in exchange for an alliance.

As has already been stated. A faction will refuse a region if you attempt to give it back in the same turn as it's been taken, when it's obviously damaged and inflamed. There is a work around though, offering upwards of 2-3 thousand coin aswell as the region will usually result in the faction accepting the deal, damage and bad public order to boot.

Same here in my prussian campaign i offered paris to austria they said no.Later in the campaign i offered normandy to austria they said no,so i offered it to Great britain they said no also russia declined this must be bugged.

Primicerius

I'm not sure if it's bugged. If you just capture a region, there is high unrest. No one wants to have a region with high unrest while not having any military presence there. I suspect, the AI does not "realize" that gifted regions lose their unrest after the transfer.

Even given the AI's reluctance to accept troubled regions, I have been 100% successful to give regions away to the AI factions if I add 100 dukats to the deal (for reconstruction efforts if you will). The AI thanks me for the gift. Of course, this is a bit of an exploit.

I play mostly on VH campaign difficulty, H when I play multiplayer campaign. I have been successful in gifting away regions on both difficulty levels.
    Last edited by Slaists; March 22, 2010 at 11:08 AM.

Same here, me & my friend play on H in multiplayer campaign and have both been succesful in giving away regions... (as france: corsica to austria & hannover to denmark, both for trade&alliances even though austria broke it again the next turn, not that i cared)

I remember I had a similar problem with Vienna. I had looted it right after I re-captured it from the French believing I could simply hand it over to the Austrians without any of the nasty dissent (which in hindsight was a horrible idea). Needless to say, over the next 4 turns I had to contend with 2 full stacks of three chevron Austrian troops.

I barely beat the first stack of Austrians with the handful of troops I had left from the previous epic battle with the French. Upon realizing that fighting the next stack of revolutionaries was near suicidal, I simply retreated and let the Austrians retake their capitol.

Conveniently enough, that former revolutionary army saved me some trouble and went on to absolutely crush the French that tried to capture Vienna.

The AI, somewhat sensibly, won't accept territories under the following conditions.

1) province is occupied by an enemy force - no one wants a territory they can't defend against an army that will soon march on the capital

2) province's ports are occupied (blockaded) by enemy ships

3) province is in a state of unrest

4) province was conquered this turn

if anyone knows of any other conditions, please add.

The solution is ensure stability and expel all land and sea threats before you try to foist the province on anyone. And don't loot provinces you want to give away.

Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Smokey_MkII View Post
    The AI, somewhat sensibly, won't accept territories under the following conditions.

1) province is occupied by an enemy force - no one wants a territory they can't defend against an army that will soon march on the capital

2) province's ports are occupied (blockaded) by enemy ships

3) province is in a state of unrest

4) province was conquered this turn

if anyone knows of any other conditions, please add.

The solution is ensure stability and expel all land and sea threats before you try to foist the province on anyone. And don't loot provinces you want to give away.
    The solution is: add 100 ducats as a sweetener when you grant a province to an AI faction. It works the same turn you have just looted the province...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast