Thread: Gaining Territory Peacefully

Default Gaining Territory Peacefully

Hello,

I am well on my way to defeating Napoleon playing as the Russians in my current Coalition campaign. However, I've run into a problem. My two closest allies, the Austrians and the Swedes both have territories I need to win the game.

Is there a peaceful way to gain these territories through trade? I've tried a one-for-one territory trade with no success. I'd rather not betray the coalition and attack them.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

ztn3's Avatar Civis

Default Re: Gaining Territory Peacefully

Well, nice to see attitude of honour :-)

In ETW, AI never accepted fair deals, so if you want to gain these regions peacefully, you need to exchange 2 or even more regions for those ones. The problem might occure, if AI script recognizes these regions as "important ones" - then it is even harder to get them by exchange or for money. Shame, that you can not use your spies to make some province revolt asi it was in MTW....

Leave them till last then blitzkrieg them and win the game.

That's if you don't plan on continuing after you finish, otherwise you should try exchanging one or more of your less important places for theirs.

Try posting gentlemen in the region capitals. Each Gentleman reduces public order by 1, so if you can obtain enough of them you can cause a revolt. Then just invade the rebel province.

Yeah just blitz them

Seriously though. Get two ship stacks filled with troops and keep them in the waters near those two places. Once you have taken your other required settlements, just disembark and capture them. Job done.

Well diplomats are suppose to be able to add unrest to regions. Have not tried it yet but maybe put some diplomats in the region and see if it revolts.

Trading for the regions works fine...you'll probably need either a region and a large amount of cash or 2 regions and 1-2K gold.

Rotaugen2009's Avatar Vicarius

I think a large part of how easy it is to trade for them will depend on whether they are "needed territories" for the Austrians and Swedish victory conditions. If they are, then unrest or invasion may be the only alternatives.
    Don't blame me, I voted for Pedro!